Proclimb issues

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I`d pop the hood off and open up the airbox and have a look see in there and see if there is a rivet inside the airbox by the throttle bodies.. Just sayin. Would be curious to know..

Glengine, no can do, not my sled, not my warranty. When the Product service bulliten comes out the dealers will address. I'm just some hillbilly wearing a sled jacket, touque on crooked. I just want to see the sled in person. So i can make my own mind up

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Lots of interest;There are currently 37 users browsing this thread. (31 members and 6 guests)
  • +
  • +
  • +

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like i posted earlier from what i understand there has ALREADY been a service bulletin released by arctic cat about a POSSIBLE issue. Not sure if this is what caused the problem with these units but from the description of how the one motor just locked up that sure sounds like it could be something getting into the motor like say a rivet which is what i'm under the understanding the bullentin is about. Imo if you have a peice of metal like a rivet go into the motor it is going to reek havic on the motor no matter what.

I checked my airbox and it was clean. Hopefully it's an issue like debris in the airbox and not a lean condition or something like that. Bonneyville is a long ways away. With all the KM's they put on the test sleds I can't see how a sudden lean condition or ECU issue could pop up. Maybe an oiling issue like last years Pro RMK's?? Seems to me if it is true that the motors are going down in such a short distance, a lubrication issue would be the most likely suspect.

Last edited:

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is all good stuff guys..... I would like to address a few concerns i have with all brands just to make it fair.

This is not a PDI issue, same as polaris same as skidoo. YOU TOO can put some skies on and straighten a handle bar

These are not isolated incidents, all sled makers have there issues. If polaris simply remapped midrange there issues would drop off. Chrisco need your help here. BRP if a better procedure was created and better clutch parts were used and a stiffener brace installed with the right motor mounts there issues would also drop off. Maxwell nedd your help also( be truthfull.lol) And as for arctic cat well. I cant say yet because none of these failures have been so common to introduce the 1x+b equation for a complete bulletin. So glen with that grapevine, i dont believe there is enough failures of the same component to warrant a service bulletin. Too many variables left out. I will agree the suzuki platform in the m chassis is wonderful. however the proclimb chassis has new dynamics that will not be solved in 6 sleds that "broke"
Root cause in these 6 cases in my opinion will all be different, Albiet now im talking with no facts only here say,

my shop door is open, i invite all these sleds to come here and then i can look. And i know that glenns, chriscos and maxwells doors are also open

Im sorry to say but this 100% sounds like a pdi issues Arctic Cat has issued 3 bullentins reguarding the pdi of the newe proclimbs.

1st is the proper routing of the break line
2nd the oil pump may or may not be out of time
3rd is there may be plastic fragments in the intake

These new sled are no longer a 1 hr pdi job like the m's it takes me 3hrs there is alot more to them than putting skis on and straignten the bars.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Please post PDI updates and service bullitens.

And hats off to you being 100% sure of the issues. Wish i had those skills. Just sayin

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rusty you know what i mean these engines are the same as the 2010 and 2011 in every way so i find it very hard that it is in fact a engine issue. The y pipe is even the same!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry to say but this 100% sounds like a pdi issues Arctic Cat has issued 3 bullentins reguarding the pdi of the newe proclimbs.

1st is the proper routing of the break line
2nd the oil pump may or may not be out of time
3rd is there may be plastic fragments in the intake

These new sled are no longer a 1 hr pdi job like the m's it takes me 3hrs there is alot more to them than putting skis on and straignten the bars.

Hopefully we will get these bulletins and be able to check them ourselves. Intake was good on mine. Oil pump issues would explain the low km siezures.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oil pump service bullentin is: At wot they want it set to 1-1.5 lines on the lean side

These seizes at low kms could be air pocket in coolant system or in the oil line hense why every sleds 1st tank should be pre-mixed

Also check ur chain case oil as the ones i have pdi'd are low

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tank yes indeed,that is 2003 technology from ski doo,even polaris out smart cat in 05..the only thing cat has going for them is suzuki.Lets talk about welding motor mounts to your coolers,dd....what a joke that is..how many bearings do u replace on ur cat every year? congrats on being able to do donuts,thats tough...
You have an attitude problem plain and simple, don't be mad and don't be hating. From the looks of it you ride a doo so wtf are you doing in this thread. You clearly missed the point on the donuts thing but hey with a grade 7 education I really didn't expect much out of ya. New sled has issues period, don't need some ass clown chiming in just cause he's bored. Really do you think people in the cat threads wanna here what you have to say, you might get a warmer welcome in the doo threads, I hear the level of smarts is a little lower so.............. Anyway I hope these problems get resolved because my dad just bought a new proclimb and the first ride in valemount is quickly approaching, would suck if he came all the way from saskatoon and broke down right away.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have an attitude problem plain and simple, don't be mad and don't be hating. From the looks of it you ride a doo so wtf are you doing in this thread. You clearly missed the point on the donuts thing but hey with a grade 7 education I really didn't expect much out of ya. New sled has issues period, don't need some ass clown chiming in just cause he's bored. Really do you think people in the cat threads wanna here what you have to say, you might get a warmer welcome in the doo threads, I hear the level of smarts is a little lower so.............. Anyway I hope these problems get resolved because my dad just bought a new proclimb and the first ride in valemount is quickly approaching, would suck if he came all the way from saskatoon and broke down right away.

Yes... that would suck, tmo. But if one thing good can come from threads like these, it is some suggestions. I have written down a list of things to check that I have gleaned from peeps who have actually posted constructively so that when I do get mine, I might be able to save myself some hassle. Your Dad would probably appreciate the same heads up.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats for sure, definitely keeping an eye on this thread, already got him checking things as we speak

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buddy that's getting a new cat. I'll let him know to check stuff over before riding it.

sent from a phone

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07 rev. Terrible for recalls and problems and $h!t. Rt 1000. Pile of doo doo that took a full season to even start to figure out fixes. 2008 xp. 40 some updates that should have been recalls. To top it off 800r engines only last as many km's as a belt on my nitro. Doo guys need to give cat a break here. This is the first cat to have major issues and im sure theres simple solution in the works. Let's hope so. Then we can all have a great season of playing in endless pow !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom