Proclimb issues

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once again,..........verbal diarrea from Maxwell I love looking at these posts and seeing what hes gonna spew out next[/QUOT

I'm gonna give him the benefit of doubt. I realize he is a turd disturber and I quote " ya one issue i noticed is they climb like turds in the deep snow" hence I take his words with a grain of salt.

polarman

Reaction score
Yes Maxwell, that was me with Curtis, I don't know what caused it as it was running just fine and then crapped. No biggy, I had the Pro Rmk with no side panels lol! You should have seen it friday with the Bud lite box duct taped to the clutch side!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, it sucks, doesn't it?? man you guys sure were good to us when our stuff was breaking. my bad.... (dripping with sarcasm, in case you're too thick to pick up on it)

Teeroy I can honestly say that I did not once slam any other brand for their failures. Failures come with the territory, people demand change and manufacturers must meet these demands to stay competitive. Sometimes they get over zealous and put out a product before they have had a chance to completely test it. Bean counters and stock holders want to see their investment make a return ASAP so where do you think that manufactures are going to cut corners. My guess would be"R&D" This is one area that bean counters don't like. Costs $$$$ for R&D but no return until the product is out for sale. So we almost Got it figure out Says the R&R department. Share holders say get it out there and we'll deal with the issue "if" there are any. Cat has been riding the M chassis for some time now so maybe you are right it may be time for Cat to fail but don't blame it on the Cat owners. Blame it on Capitalism.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teeroy I can honestly say that I did not once slam any other brand for their failures. Failures come with the territory, people demand change and manufacturers must meet these demands to stay competitive. Sometimes they get over zealous and put out a product before they have had a chance to completely test it. Bean counters and stock holders want to see their investment make a return ASAP so where do you think that manufactures are going to cut corners. My guess would be"R&D" This is one area that bean counters don't like. Costs $$$$ for R&D but no return until the product is out for sale. So we almost Got it figure out Says the R&R department. Share holders say get it out there and we'll deal with the issue "if" there are any. Cat has been riding the M chassis for some time now so maybe you are right it may be time for Cat to fail but don't blame it on the Cat owners. Blame it on Capitalism.
I'm totally not accusing you of any such shenanigans Glen, I don't make it a habit to go in the other brand forums and bash their products. I don't think I have done it yet here either. believe me, I know all about shoddy R&D because I bought an '08 XP....I'm pretty sure do-it-yourselfers like a few of us 'doo guys were part of the R&D process, for at least a couple years....lol. I'll bet the polaris guys are just as happy as the doo guys were when the pressure was taken off us...:D

I hope they come to a quick diagnosis and repair for the new proclimb, until then I will bask in the irony

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds like quite a third hand story, a tank of gas in 30KM, really, that sounds ridiculous.

Sorry bud......I know the truth hurts sometime, and no I was not there but Ill see if I can get them to chime in so you get first hand. I know it sounds ridiculous, but so does a sled blowing up loading it on the trailer at the dealer.. but it happened. Like I said before This was info I got today (NOT BASHING CAT)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard thru the grape vine that there was a service bulletin released about remov9ing the airbox and inspecting as in one unit there was a rivet found sitting in the airbox right by the throttle body.. So i would definitely be inspecting the airbox if you have one or make sure that it has been checked. from the way some of these failures have been descrided it souldn't suprise me that a rivet may have gotten sucked into the motr of these units that failed.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
This is all good stuff guys..... I would like to address a few concerns i have with all brands just to make it fair.

This is not a PDI issue, same as polaris same as skidoo. YOU TOO can put some skies on and straighten a handle bar

These are not isolated incidents, all sled makers have there issues. If polaris simply remapped midrange there issues would drop off. Chrisco need your help here. BRP if a better procedure was created and better clutch parts were used and a stiffener brace installed with the right motor mounts there issues would also drop off. Maxwell nedd your help also( be truthfull.lol) And as for arctic cat well. I cant say yet because none of these failures have been so common to introduce the 1x+b equation for a complete bulletin. So glen with that grapevine, i dont believe there is enough failures of the same component to warrant a service bulletin. Too many variables left out. I will agree the suzuki platform in the m chassis is wonderful. however the proclimb chassis has new dynamics that will not be solved in 6 sleds that "broke"
Root cause in these 6 cases in my opinion will all be different, Albiet now im talking with no facts only here say,

my shop door is open, i invite all these sleds to come here and then i can look. And i know that glenns, chriscos and maxwells doors are also open

Last edited:

M1K

Reaction score
Alot of good but scary info here....if its all true!! Pics (or better a video) are a must here when we are seeing these kinds of issues. Have me wondering if I should knock the Climb off Pro Climb and head down to my local Polaris dealer. I think posting youtube video's of your issues will definetly get Cats attention and make them make some quick decisions wrt recalls or bulletins.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I have a fealing Rusty's on his way here to tear my new sled down into tiny little pieces...
This is all good stuff guys..... I would like to address a few concerns i have with all brands just to make it fair.

This is not a PDI issue, same as polaris same as skidoo. YOU TOO can put some skies on and straighten a handle bar

These are not isolated incidents, all sled makers have there issues. If polaris simply remapped midrange there issues would drop off. Chrisco need your help here. BRP if a better procedure was created and better clutch parts were used and a stiffener brace installed with the right motor mounts there issues would also drop off. Maxwell nedd your help also( be truthfull.lol) And as for arctic cat well. I cant say yet because none of these failures have been so common to introduce the 1x+b equation for a complete bulletin. So glen with that grapevine, i dont believe there is enough failures of the same component to warrant a service bulletin. Too many variables left out. I will agree the suzuki platform in the m chassis is wonderful. however the proclimb chassis has new dynamics that will not be solved in 6 sleds that "broke"
Root cause in these 6 cases in my opinion will all be different, Albiet now im talking with no facts only here say,

my shop door is open, i invite all these sleds to come here and then i can look. And i know that glenns, chriscos and maxwells doors are also open

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do cat riders and catholics have in common? If someone in there "church" is getting wrongly f****d they want to sweep it under the rug;). I'm not too sure why some of these cat guys are trying to keep these alleged issues hush hush. If there is indeed an issue raise some hell and get it figured out. If there is a huge buzz over the net about issues cat will get them figured out a lot quicker. They don't want to lose customers. I am pretty familiar with first year bugs as I bought a 07 xrs. I voiced my disgust with the machine on every thread on every forum I am on and eventually the issues got taken care of and I had the sled I paid for.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a fealing Rusty's on his way here to tear my new sled down into tiny little pieces...

You keep him away from my sled!! At least until he has the problem figured out on yours and then he can fix mine :p

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You keep him away from my sled!! At least until he has the problem figured out on yours and then he can fix mine :p

No worries, you have my word. I will not touch your sled. I looked at mikes just so i could speak on the setup. I took nothing apart made no changes. Nor will I.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like i posted earlier from what i understand there has ALREADY been a service bulletin released by arctic cat about a POSSIBLE issue. Not sure if this is what caused the problem with these units but from the description of how the one motor just locked up that sure sounds like it could be something getting into the motor like say a rivet which is what i'm under the understanding the bullentin is about. Imo if you have a peice of metal like a rivet go into the motor it is going to reek havic on the motor no matter what.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries, you have my word. I will not touch your sled. I looked at mikes just so i could speak on the setup. I took nothing apart made no changes. Nor will I.

I`d pop the hood off and open up the airbox and have a look see in there and see if there is a rivet inside the airbox by the throttle bodies.. Just sayin. Would be curious to know..

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
OOPS!!!!!That was the wrong one we tore apart!!!I think I can get it all back the way it was...I'll call you Russ if I can't figure it out.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep,didn't have time tonight,but before I ride it the whole thing is getting looked at real careful-like!After I get Richelle's put back together.
I`d pop the hood off and open up the airbox and have a look see in there and see if there is a rivet inside the airbox by the throttle bodies.. Just sayin. Would be curious to know..

Top Bottom