Proclimb issues

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
suuki ryder please take as many pics as you can stand. include pics of the air box intake frogskins and anything else that may seem odd. Also please p.m me the pics.. no sense giving anybody and ammo.

Ditto

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand about it. 1.4 km is what is on my odometer and it siezed solid. likely at around 6000rpm. Warmed it up good before leaving and kabing......tow job back to truck

Was this the 800 or the 1100T? It's not like either of them is a new motor, that 800 mill has been put to the test for years and not a lot of problems to speak of.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was this the 800 or the 1100T? It's not like either of them is a new motor, that 800 mill has been put to the test for years and not a lot of problems to speak of.

Zackly my point. could it be bad PDI on the dealers part? WTF??

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
everthing else is different though, the platform holds all new dynamics with airflow, cooling.etc

Last edited:

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh sh1t...... This isn't looking good..... I sure hope the 1100t's don't get this kind of reviews!! :( just reading this thread makes me wanna cancel my order, and wait till next season .... :s Let us know whatever you guys find out why these things are crappin out on ya's!

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw out some info for us then bud. You pipped up sayin they arent workn in the deep. What aspect? flotation? agility? What failures have you seen? There are alot of frustrated guys out there right now and can use all the info they can get!! cheers

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what i beleive that this will be a simple issue to be solved.. That motor in the M8's has been around for a couple years and has always been bullet proof. I know lots of guyst hat have put thousands of km's on with out an issue. So it has to be being caused by something either being ingested into the motor or something like that.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as them not working in the deep pow that is the exact opposite story as what i've heard from guys that have actually been riding them in the deep. I've talked to local guys here that have them and were comparing them to last years and they were working considerably better than last years and IMO there wasnt anything wrong with how the M8's worked last year with proper set-up.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
polarman you must have been the guy i talked to at chappel. pipes i didnt make that story up i dont do that despite what some might think

Never said you did max. You know this site as well as I do that when it come to mud slinging it tends to run wild. I have no reason to doubt you, just seems a bit early for these kinds of problems to be cropping up. And like Rusty said these are tried and proven engines, so what is up with that? just asking

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing how the SKIDOO water buffalo group has to come on here and flap there chops.

Hey this goes to all guys when your in a specific brand area keep it to the product. If you want to bash a product go to the General area and start your own thread.

Probably as simple as like said before a pdi issue . Simply because it seems to be happening very quickly.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what i beleive that this will be a simple issue to be solved.. That motor in the M8's has been around for a couple years and has always been bullet proof. I know lots of guyst hat have put thousands of km's on with out an issue. So it has to be being caused by something either being ingested into the motor or something like that.

I hope that you are wrong on that because it would mean that Cat has an issue. I'm hoping that it is a PDI issue. Dealers not doing their part to make sure it is ready to ride. Not that that is a good thing either. I know that Terry at T&T Powersports has his ear to the tracks and will ensure that it is NOT a PDI issue

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing how the SKIDOO water buffalo group has to come on here and flap there chops.

Hey this goes to all guys when your in a specific brand area keep it to the product. If you want to bash a product go to the General area and start your own thread.

yeah, it sucks, doesn't it?? man you guys sure were good to us when our stuff was breaking. my bad.... (dripping with sarcasm, in case you're too thick to pick up on it)

MacKayoss

Reaction score
That sounds like quite a third hand story, a tank of gas in 30KM, really, that sounds ridiculous.

Top Bottom