Onion Lake

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes baseline looked good, and should be lots in the trees. the trail out to oonion lake was ok, but there was no snow in the alpine, gravel and rock everywhere. hummingbird creek was open as well as the other creeks out there. not good at all.

We plowed the Baseline parking lot with Speight's D6 last week. Damn that Nelly is a good skinner!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this talk about Onion makes me HUNgry... So much snow at home I think I'll wait for April...
may be right, iwas thinking not till the end of january at least, there was just no snow in the alpine, gravel and rocks.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow in the forecast for today! Weather network says 10-15 for the Caroline, nordegg area.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow in the forecast for today! Weather network says 10-15 for the Caroline, nordegg area.

Should cover up the 10-15 high rocks...:)

Buddy was out in the area new years day. Didn't look horrible from the pics

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i don't think it will be enough to cover the a arm busters, up to you though, i'm not even trying until the end of feb.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will help the Caroline club with their poker rally coming up.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will help the Caroline club with their poker rally coming up.

yes it should, i'm thinking the trail is pretty much iced up.

just looked at nordegg webcam, looks hazy but not snowing, the usual story out there.

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Just came off the trunk road tonight. Not snowing out there like it is here in Rocky. Two buds of mine made into the lake on a side by side last week. I think you'd be crazy to sled in there right now. Baseline, south fork, lick creek have better snow. Meadows and marble are also decent. Trout creek trail into the forks is good. Any further west and your out of the snow. Weather out here has been coming in high over elevation and dumping in the foot hills.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Just came off the trunk road tonight. Not snowing out there like it is here in Rocky. Two buds of mine made into the lake on a side by side last week. I think you'd be crazy to sled in there right now. Baseline, south fork, lick creek have better snow. Meadows and marble are also decent. Trout creek trail into the forks is good. Any further west and your out of the snow. Weather out here has been coming in high over elevation and dumping in the foot hills.

If you wait until march it will be worth it. I have seen February out there that you could dirt bike to the lake and then a whole different ball gone in march. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391050071.278986.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391050091.111295.jpg
It's worth waiting.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
web cam shows some accumulation, maybe a couple inches, looks like more drifting than anything.

Top Bottom