Nytro project

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would weld the shaft to a piece of flat aluminum, and weld that to the tank to spread the load slightly away from the weld just ahead and below the shaft

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have also been thinking of building brackets off the angle iron on the side of tank which overlaps the tunnel, then gusset back to the tank. I just want it to look nice and clean when I'm finished.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have also been thinking of building brackets off the angle iron on the side of tank which overlaps the tunnel, then gusset back to the tank. I just want it to look nice and clean when I'm finished.

I am sure it will look good whatever you decide to do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad plan. There's a support in the tank an inch past the slope. Buy the fuel pump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up looking like this. Now just going to do a pressure test on it and rivet it in.front plastic support to keep the plastic sitting nice and tight.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that is a strong seat mount :d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally filled my tank with fuel. It holds 30.5 litres. I'm happy with that. Plus what ever my surge tank holds up front.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should up date this,the tank warped from welding some and I forced it to fit. Ended up cracking a weld. I ended up pulling it back out. Cutting welds bending it straight. Strapped it down to the bench and started again. I went sledding family day weekend and put almost 200 miles on in vale mount. Everything worked well. From last ride I had added skinz boards, oft steering relocate, Mpi rear cooler, tank drop mod, stock seat., and an teth air. Sled feels like a different machine, I'm happy with its improvement, when you lean it over rather than trying to balance it, and it trying to figure out if it wants to tip on its handle bars or back onto its skis, it now handles like a fairly normal heavy sled, it actually prefers to drop back onto its skis if you are going to let it. All I have left to do is mount some ski scratchers for this warm winter were having, put oil rollover tank I have on from cr racing, and weigh it so you all know what a tank it really is, and post some pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's a CR rollover tank? Can't find anything on their website, thanks.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not on there website. It's just a catch can for engine oil with some fancy routed lines inside of it. When up side down it fills so full then stops the oil from leaking out, when the sled gets put back on its skis the engine oil drains back into its proper tank. I don't trust the electronic roll over valve way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full of fuel, sparebelt, tool kit with a bit of extra tools. A little heavier than I hoped, still an easy 15 pounds to take off if I cared with light weight battery and radiator delete.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this sled parked for years now but have the itch to get it back on the snow. Anyone have pictures of the front cooler delete plate. Also does any one know if there’s more clearance with the delete plate than the modified coolers?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B6CA2610-A650-42C1-B37B-F7C865BA8477.jpeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to pick up some rivets. Also need to deal with my rear cooler as it’s to big to fit. Think im going to run part of my vanandberg kit with it looping to stock mtx mounted by the left side of the tunnel.

B55EFE9D-3798-48D0-8D73-D5AB5E4023F0.jpeg
05DAEDCA-12F8-48CD-8722-3596E88C1441.jpeg
EF6101BD-0483-461C-B15F-0BC7925B3F35.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the worst location for a heat exchanger is at the rear of the tunnel. It will turn the rear of the sled into a giant glacier LOL.
I don't know how much coin your willing to put into your project, but if I was you all the cooling would be at the bulk head and under the seat. Did you delete the radiator?
BTW, a I have modified lots of Nytro's over the years and they are a sweet sled if you know their weak spots and know what to do. I have seen lots of badly built Nytro's out there.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At this point she is being built off parts I own. Still have radiator in Wondering if I could get away just looping this part back to itself and still stay cool I know turbo nytro don’t like high temps.

My tunnel is pretty tight with my fuel tank being dropped through it. If I put the mtx cooler back on. It will be mid mounted with cooling on each side of fuel tank

Ya I agree on carting lots of slush. This thing did and so do my doos. At the time I just wanted to get riding and it fit around my fuel tank which ended up being a bigger take on project then I anticipated.
705D16CA-C5C3-4746-AC78-87007F6085B0.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by looping it back on its self, sounds to me like you want to eliminated it from the system???
Being you have the radiator, unless you plan on deleting it. Just remove that rear heat exchanger and reroute the coolant at the bulkhead using the bulkhead and side cooler and rad only.
Just make sure you have good airflow through the hood. You don't need that rear exchanger unless your trail riding alot.
You should see the custom cooler we run on SW's, they are small even with MCX power up kits and they pack NO ice, unlike Doo's.

Top Bottom