Nytro project

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old yamaha section has been pretty quite lately, so this has been my project. Purchased this sled, jan 4 2013. Thought it would be a sled I would buy and just ride. As I thought it would be set up the way I liked. Impulse turbo kit, m 10 skid , nice clean unit.
Pictures of how I purchased it.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That didn't last long. After the first ride, coming of an RT 1000 I couldn't believe how horrible this tank handled. Played with the m 10 for the rest of the season and never became happy with it. I drove nytromans Mcx nytro with a cat skid and copied his set up the start of last season, while I was at it I ended up doing a rider forward kit, cr steering post,along with putting RT bars, RT brake reservoir assembly, And cleaning up the cluttered bars. I also put a boost-it box on it at the same time .

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The end of last season I installed a set of skinz boards on the unit which I have yet to use and an teth air tether. The last couple days I got the sled pulled out and started working on my next project . I Have an vanamburg rear cooler on order and I plan on dropping my tank down into my tunnel. I think this will get rid of the nytro top heavy feel, which I can't stand. It will also allow me to put my stock seat back on which will be nice.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the skid made big difference. The m 10 made the sled steer very heavy. I also put skinz a arms on. My stock arms all the bushings were shot and binding which also contributed to hard steering. I miss the way I could throw the RT onto edge and it would just hold it. The nytro seems like you have to balance it to stay on edge at slow speeds.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have to much into it. All parts have been kijiji and snowandmud deals along with a bit of my old inventory. Pretty low budget build. Overall I have about the same into it as a stock t3. Tunnel cooler and the teth air have been my only new purchased parts. A turbo t3 would be a sweet ride though.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I'm in to deep, to quit now. Ever since the yamacat came out you can't hardly give a nytro away. Lol

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I'm in to deep, to quit now. Ever since the yamacat came out you can't hardly give a nytro away. Lol

So true! It's been tough getting any money out of the Apex/Nytros the last few years and even worse with the intro of the Vipers. Was a hard pill to swallow when I sold my S/C Ape for next to nothing. Couldn't give it away, also most guys wanted turbos. I've still got a soft spot for the boosted 4's.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, I have lots in my nytro but it only has 1700kms, I am going to keep it forever and just replace it in a few years...its still a super fun sled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure I will do the same. As an mountain sled there is some left to be desired. Around home running down the river. Driving across the flats and bouncing off some grader banks. It's a really fun ride.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throwing the big bucks at this nytro.... Ever considered turbo t3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where can i find a turbo t3 for less than 15k? Havent seen a stock one after tax and pdi ect for that

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
What else are you doing to your sled?? There is a guy in red deer that has a van amburg tunnel for 1200 bucks that would suit your style.....its blue too.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To much work to change. Remount my skid, and boards. If I was doing a bunch of powder coating the sled would turn gun metal grey and black. Couple pics of my bars cleaned up.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Several '13 & '14 with turbos for sale and guys claiming they're t3's for $15000 or less....

With 1500-3500 km. There saying brap. Give me a short block.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
To much work to change. Remount my skid, and boards. If I was doing a bunch of powder coating the sled would turn gun metal grey and black. Couple pics of my bars cleaned up.

Hmmm what's the supercharged dodge or Ford big block in the background out of?

Top Bottom