Silver Tip Sledder’s

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea and I like the group name. I am 46, but half the crew I ride with is 50 plus. Typically ride Sicamous area! Been trying to cross paths with ferniesnow for a while now. Should be riding Sicamous and area January 26th weekend.
Not sure I would call 50’s silver tips? If it’s by hair colour, I would have been in, in my 30’s😳. I was out at my brother in laws over Christmas break, his neighbour Smoke popped in for a visit on his quad as there’s not enough snow for his sled, he’s 94…. Makes me think I don’t belong in the STS group and I’m in my 60’s😂😂
The old couple celebrated their 72nd wedding anniversary last week…

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would call 50’s silver tips? If it’s by hair colour, I would have been in, in my 30’s😳. I was out at my brother in laws over Christmas break, his neighbour Smoke popped in for a visit on his quad as there’s not enough snow for his sled, he’s 94…. Makes me think I don’t belong in the STS group and I’m in my 60’s😂😂
The old couple celebrated their 72nd wedding anniversary last week…
off topic. do you still ride with corissa sometimes?

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
off topic. do you still ride with corissa sometimes?
Ya, she rode with us a couple days over Xmas.
She lives in Kamloops mostly now, (moved from Edmonton couple years ago) but stays at her cabin at her parents just south of sicamous when sledding

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This seems like the appropriate place to ask.

Who's dealt with wrist pain?

I'm developing sore wrists from riding and driving. Wondering what you guys have done to help?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm developing sore wrists from riding and driving. Wondering what you guys have done to help?
Knees are my issue. Just 3 Alieve in the morning and 3 Tylenol arthritis before bed. Blackberry Crown Royal with lemonade mixed to taste is also a help from time to time. :rockon:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lift some wieghts brah

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Quite a few years ago, I experienced wrists and forearms hurting after continuous days of pow riding. I didn’t go to the Dr. and just figured it was "that over use thing of certain muscles”. It got to hurting quite bad but not enough to quit riding. I chalked it up to a form of tendonitis. Like Shredder, I self medicated with over the counter drugs (my go to drug is Ibuprofen 400’s). Lasted through the season and seemed to repair itself throughout the summer.
Here is a read if you have the time. It also mentions keyboard time as a problem. Once it heals, Dan’s weight lifting suggestion is bang on.
Good luck Justin and I hope it isn’t anything serious.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite a few years ago, I experienced wrists and forearms hurting after continuous days of pow riding. I didn’t go to the Dr. and just figured it was "that over use thing of certain muscles”. It got to hurting quite bad but not enough to quit riding. I chalked it up to a form of tendonitis. Like Shredder, I self medicated with over the counter drugs (my go to drug is Ibuprofen 400’s). Lasted through the season and seemed to repair itself throughout the summer.
Here is a read if you have the time. It also mentions keyboard time as a problem. Once it heals, Dan’s weight lifting suggestion is bang on.
Good luck Justin and I hope it isn’t anything serious.
I have a feeling it's tendonitis or carpal tunnel. It's been good the last few weeks being off the sled and not any marathon driving, but it was back yesterday coming down the trails. I don't doubt being at a desk all day is a factor as well.

Going to get a physio appointment booked asap and go from there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling it's tendonitis or carpal tunnel. It's been good the last few weeks being off the sled and not any marathon driving, but it was back yesterday coming down the trails. I don't doubt being at a desk all day is a factor as well.

Going to get a physio appointment booked asap and go from there.

physio is a waste of time (from my experience)

Just go start lifting. You dont need any pills, maybe some trt if ur really old. lol

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
physio is a waste of time (from my experience)

Just go start lifting. You dont need any pills, maybe some trt if ur really old. lol
Not old, that's why I'm asking the silver tips lol.

Fair share of mx wipeouts in my past though. And 15 years in a trade pulling cable.

We have a good sports physio place in town, and i have good insurance. Might as well use it for once and at least get some tips from a pro I guess

Top Bottom