Silver Tip Sledder’s

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not old, that's why I'm asking the silver tips lol.

Fair share of mx wipeouts in my past though. And 15 years in a trade pulling cable.

We have a good sports physio place in town, and i have good insurance. Might as well use it for once and at least get some tips from a pro I guess

I crashed my bike lots back in my mx days also. Thats where i got my physio experience from.

Hopefully yours is more usefull then mine was.

Cheers.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I crashed my bike lots back in my mx days also. Thats where i got my physio experience from.

Hopefully yours is more usefull then mine was.

Cheers.
I'm not one for doctors. Besides an episode of kidney stones, haven't seen one in 15 years either. I'll give physio an hour of my time, and see if their quacks or not.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not one for doctors. Besides an episode of kidney stones, haven't seen one in 15 years either. I'll give physio an hour of my time, and see if their quacks or not.
MY fatherinlaw hated doctors and didn't go for many,many years. Untill he waited too long even though he wasn't feeling best. When he did go doc said should of come in sooner as the cancer is too far gone.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This seems like the appropriate place to ask.

Who's dealt with wrist pain?

I'm developing sore wrists from riding and driving. Wondering what you guys have done to help?
I used to get muscle cramps all the time when riding,I started drinking 2-3 litres of water while riding and haven’t had issues since.The guys give me hard time how many stops I make to get rid that through out the day,that hasn’t improved with age lol!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sign me up for that one, that's someplace I've never actually been to! I'll trade you in return for a trip up into the North Blue or The West Oasis if you've never been!
Scotts, if you are still up for the Spirit Lake ride there will be 6 of us in Mcbride on 23 March.
If trail ridable we're going.
If whooped to fack, its some where else close by or Vale.
Bring a riding partner also.
PM Me if interested.

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotts, if you are still up for the Spirit Lake ride there will be 6 of us in Mcbride on 23 March.
If trail ridable we're going.
If whooped to fack, its some where else close by or Vale.
Bring a riding partner also.
PM Me if interested.
I will wait for your report on the renshaw trail. We will be doing our annual family trip that last week in march.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Randy, I wil be in mcbride next weekend. Let’s keep in touch, has there been a silver tip ride this year lol.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling it's tendonitis or carpal tunnel. It's been good the last few weeks being off the sled and not any marathon driving, but it was back yesterday coming down the trails. I don't doubt being at a desk all day is a factor as well.

Going to get a physio appointment booked asap and go from there.
Boosted four strokes Tore my wrists and elbows apart. I Tried everything to heal Physio cost thousands. Still couldn’t pull a door handle. Then I found Active release therapy. ART done by chiropractor. Works Awesome. Big thing was to Do the exercises they teach you and you’ll never have tendinitis again. Been six years. I’m 53 and I could still rip on bars all day long. Might help you too.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well as long as I can get Brian to come with us I’m thinking Friday Saturday in Mcbride. Take Ron up to the cabin at Belle Friday, I won’t take Ron by myself, if we run into any issues I will need help. Anybody want to tag along you would be welcome. Waiting to hear from Brian to see if it works for him. That is the plan for now, As ready as Ron thinks he is I’m going to be readier lol! Anybody want to tag along let me know. I can take 4 sleds if need be.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boosted four strokes Tore my wrists and elbows apart. I Tried everything to heal Physio cost thousands. Still couldn’t pull a door handle. Then I found Active release therapy. ART done by chiropractor. Works Awesome. Big thing was to Do the exercises they teach you and you’ll never have tendinitis again. Been six years. I’m 53 and I could still rip on bars all day long. Might help you too.
May have to look into this . Took the Road Glide out today struggling to grab some clutch

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May have to look into this . Took the Road Glide out today struggling to grab some clutch
I was desperate. Acupuncture Physio no good. tried it all. Then found ART. I wish you luck. Hopefully it works.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well as long as I can get Brian to come with us I’m thinking Friday Saturday in Mcbride. Take Ron up to the cabin at Belle Friday, I won’t take Ron by myself, if we run into any issues I will need help. Anybody want to tag along you would be welcome. Waiting to hear from Brian to see if it works for him. That is the plan for now, As ready as Ron thinks he is I’m going to be readier lol! Anybody want to tag along let me know. I can take 4 sleds if need be.
So you are going to leave Edmonton Friday morning and head back Saturday?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No as far as I am aware is, leave Edmonton Friday morning early ride Friday, then Saturday then come home Saturday night. And I don't plan on being dropped off at the cabin, im in for more than that, my walker has been put away since I was let out of the hospital Jan 4

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No as far as I am aware is, leave Edmonton Friday morning early ride Friday, then Saturday then come home Saturday night. And I don't plan on being dropped off at the cabin, im in for more than that, my walker has been put away since I was let out of the hospital Jan 4
don't push it too hard, you may find huge differences between home, and elevation there. Lyle doesn't want to have to tow you down in a tarp.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
don't push it too hard, you may find huge differences between home, and elevation there. Lyle doesn't want to have to tow you down in a tarp.
Your stating to sound like the Hospital. They were surprised how I was doing, and shocked that I was eating solid foods, now there shocked that im taking my meds orally rather than my Peg tube. I started going to physio myself rather than waiting for the glenrose that was starting me the second week of April on walking, heck Im jogging already. If they had it there way id be still in bed with homecare. No wonder why this country is so screwed up.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I kinda figured you weren't gonna be wanting to be just going up and down the hill at the cabin.....just sayin'. :Snowmobile1:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Randy, I wil be in mcbride next weekend. Let’s keep in touch, has there been a silver tip ride this year lol.
Unfortunately, the team has decided Mcbride is not for us on our last trip of the year.
Access to Renshaw is just to pounded out for my Daughter. I have put her through the 28km of hell before but not both ways for a total of 56.
Hopefully the bridge access gets sorted out as she really wants to go to Spirit Lake and her skillset if there to do it.
We are headed way south instead.
Older brother coming so sort of a Silver Tip ride.

Top Bottom