Raptor 700 timbersled

loaderman

Reaction score
Good day All
I thought I would share my latest project . After more than 30 years snowmobiling I thought I would try something new went out and found a 07 Yamaha 700 Raptor efi then I found a good used Timber sled Mountain horse 120 kit and married the two. After riding a lot of different snowmobiles, trying this machine out was going to be different I did ride a snow bike last year it was ok till you fall over then its not so fun to get back up. Then I thought why not a sport quad and here we are. This thing has has tons of power is lighter than a sled and you have gears to play with . It was quite eazy to mound on the Raptor just needed to make three bushings and bar to replace the rear shock chain was the same pitch . As for the front skis they make the mount kit just had to find skis off a skidoo . This this will go anywhere a sled will go dam fun machine

Attachments

• IMG_20230115_113412.jpg
    IMG_20230115_113412.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20221206_135406.jpg
    IMG_20221206_135406.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 292

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Always thought about this as I had a snowbike but didn't ride it much as Im vertically challenged and didn't groove to the mountain and dismounting concept.
Alan from Timbersled built this 10 years ago and got me thinking. Low CG, larger displacement and something unique. But I was thinking of putting a single ski on it. I think with the low CG it would self stand as well.
Anyhow good luck with your ride as you have made it your own.
Cheers
RS

Attachments

• Timbersled dual ski.jpg
    Timbersled dual ski.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 193

Marry Poppins Express

Reaction score
Awesome Build. I wanted to track my son's Raptor 250 but couldn't find anyone who has a set up that would work. The little ripper set up might need to be on the shopping list now. What did you use for ski mounts up front? Or custom fabrication?

loaderman

Reaction score
I built my ski mounts. But I saw some on Amazon.
As for the skis, I found a used pair of Skidoo skis.

Top Bottom