New to POO. Need tips and tricks.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Hello All,

I have been on Doo since 2005 and just picked a spanking new 13 163 Pro RMK yesterday. I am a Millwright and do most of my own wrenching and would like to know about some of the quirks of these machines. It is bone stock right now, what are your favorite add on parts or swap outs?

P.S. We took it out yesterday on hard pack and I can not believe how it balances on a side hill. Coming from an XP with the S-36 I did not think there would be that much of a difference.

Thanks in advance.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been on Doo since 2005 and just picked a spanking new 13 163 Pro RMK yesterday. I am a Millwright and do most of my own wrenching and would like to know about some of the quirks of these machines. It is bone stock right now, what are your favorite add on parts or swap outs?

P.S. We took it out yesterday on hard pack and I can not believe how it balances on a side hill. Coming from an XP with the S-36 I did not think there would be that much of a difference.

Thanks in advance.

adjustable clutch weights, blue/pink primary spring, check QD pulley torqs, break in QD properly (very important), i went jaws can, gauge tilter peice is nice for stand up riding, underhood and handle bar bag

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

Move skis to the inside setting, remove sway bar if you want it really tippy, Raptor Tripple rate spring kit, or complete raptor shocks. Power Addiction head, can, SLP Blue n pink primary Spring, get rid of the pro taper bars or cut them so they are not so wide. 3" Track makes a huge difference in the mountains

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turn up the oiler and also add a few oz of oil to the tank on every fill.Cheap insurance as they run low oil consumption for EPA.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His shoulder strength should be more than sufficient.... he came off an XP..... :rolleyes:

You got that right LOL. It took about 10 miles until I was somewhat comfortable with the vertical steering. It is weird how a guys muscle memory gets used to the push/pull/twist you have to do on an XP. A buddy was riding my XP and I jumped on it to get it unstuck for him after about 30 miles on the PRO and I could instantly tell the Vertical steering is leaps and bounds better than the 20 degree offset from the angled column to the vertical riser on an XP.

As for the oil rate I am guessing it is similar to a Doo? Just tighten up the cable a bit?

Another question for you guys. Does the universal mount rails for mountain addiction bags and jugs line up with the T rails in the tunnel or does a guy have to drill the mountain addiction rails out. I don't want to drill holes all over this sled like I had to do with the XP if I don't have to and I don't have any universal rails to measure up.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got that right LOL. It took about 10 miles until I was somewhat comfortable with the vertical steering. It is weird how a guys muscle memory gets used to the push/pull/twist you have to do on an XP. A buddy was riding my XP and I jumped on it to get it unstuck for him after about 30 miles on the PRO and I could instantly tell the Vertical steering is leaps and bounds better than the 20 degree offset from the angled column to the vertical riser on an XP.

As for the oil rate I am guessing it is similar to a Doo? Just tighten up the cable a bit?

Another question for you guys. Does the universal mount rails for mountain addiction bags and jugs line up with the T rails in the tunnel or does a guy have to drill the mountain addiction rails out. I don't want to drill holes all over this sled like I had to do with the XP if I don't have to and I don't have any universal rails to measure up.

M.addiction makes polaris rails. Dunno if uni ones line up. Polaris ones r notched in middle to sit over to the wiring that runs along top of tunnel. If uni's dont line up u could always drill new holes in MA rails and small spacer to make them work

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M.addiction makes polaris rails. Dunno if uni ones line up. Polaris ones r notched in middle to sit over to the wiring that runs along top of tunnel. If uni's dont line up u could always drill new holes in MA rails and small spacer to make them work

That's what I was thinking. I might swing by the machine shop we deal with and see what it will cost to make a set of aluminium rails to fit perfectly.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
adjustable clutch weights, blue/pink primary spring, check QD pulley torqs, break in QD properly (very important), i went jaws can, gauge tilter peice is nice for stand up riding, underhood and handle bar bag

How do you like the Jaws can?? I had a NPP/specialty sleds stinger on my '12 Pro and didn't mind it, but was thinking I might change it up this time around.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Jaws can?? I had a NPP/specialty sleds stinger on my '12 Pro and didn't mind it, but was thinking I might change it up this time around.

No hiccups, fit ok, has a nice sound, slightly on the louder side but not stupid loud. Ordered rite from jaws and fast shipping. So far so good.

Luvinit

Reaction score

The oiler adjustment is between the throttle bodies, have to take the air box off, a bitch the first time, loosen the lock nut and turn it down 3 turns or so.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your new pro doesn't have ice scratchers make sure you install a pair. These pros like to run hot on the trail due to the small cooling system. I also run a jaws can and a team line green primary spring and wouldn't change a thing!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyone try a black pink? It's 120/340 compared to the blue pink 140/340. I currently have one in my iq. It would take of with a bit lower rpm.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put the Doo thermostat in a 2013 to try hold lower temps??

Seems a lot are hitting 130+ temps on the trails up

Top Bottom