Summer Boost-It turbo build - advice please!

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So this summer I have finally pulled the trigger on building a boosted sled. I have read a lot of posts and rode a few pro turbos. I'm basically wanting some input from guys who have had boosted sleds on the snow and want to know things they like or did not like on their set up.

So to begin my build I wanted a different sled since the 2012 assault I currently ride is a little rough around the edges and would need more goodies than its worth. I picked up a 2011 163 pro rmk 800 with a Slp stage 3 kit (removed and already sold), k mod suspension, camo extreme track and some 2013 running boards. Sled started and ran fine but with 1900 miles 104 hours I knew it needed some pistons and reeds at the least. I currently have the mtnk fix kit on the 12 assault with about 25 hours on kit, 116 hours on sled (works awesome and would recommend to everyone). I originally was going to swap motors but I figured if I'm going to do a build I want it to be the BEST. I tore the 2011 rmk down and realized the motor that ran and started good was not good at all. Cylinder was scored on the pto side though the nickelsil, piston was scored and the brass gear that runs the water and oil pump had a tooth missing, good thing the sled was cheap. I sent all the worn parts out and they are finally starting to show up. So this is what I'm going to build.

2011 pro rmk 163
new bearings, new center gear, rebalanced and weld pins on the crank done by Indy Dan.
mtnk fix kit with .015 tho ring gap.
PAR head with 12 to 1 turbo domes.
slp exhaust valves spring
millenium plating cylinder.
new polaris reeds.
kmod suspension with 163 ice age rails.
stock walker evans shocks sent down to hotzs to get revalved and piggy backs put on.
163 camo extreme 2.5 track with stock drives which might get changed to the avid drivers.
Boost it HO water to air intercooled turbo.
chain drive with factory gears.
factor handle bars with a 2 inch riser.
2013 running boards.
My Dad's custom CNC cut tunnel stiffeners/bumper (running up to the foot well since I enjoy jumping off cliffs).
different spring not ordered yet but will be either zbros or raptor.

So guys what am I missing in the build?

If the wife asks it cost 20 bucks........

thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds likeyou got everything coverd. But i would put the avid drivers on now the stock ones could strip out and wreck a good weekend end, and it could also be a heli ride. Then your $300 drivers are now $2000.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have everything covered! You will love the Boost-It setup. I will have some raptor triple rate springs for sale once my new skid shows up. If you want them let me know.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the build went extremely well. I had a great experience with the guys from Boost-It. customer service was excellent always returned emails and answered the phone calls. A couple extra things that I decided to do was full venting from mod rods, some black powder coating, a vei tunnel/ bumper support from chrisco, (to cheap to do a full tunnel since I'm pretty sure ill bend something this season) 3m carbon fiber vinyl sheeting under the tunnel support. I sent my primary clutch down to carls cycle to get balanced and machined apparently it runs 30 degrees cooler. Some extrovert drivers and I also did a chain case mod incase I want to slap a x3 on mid winter. I hope it's keeps up with my ridding buddy's. I currently don't have any pics but when I do ill post them. Dec 5th is my first planned ride in revy hopefully the land mines are covered I'll post how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did the reeds look in the 2011 when you replaced them ?

4edanu3y.jpg
I think there was 4 or 5 of the outside ones that looked like this one that I'm prying up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets see some pics lol.

Well boys and girls here's some pics of my summer build. I am still waiting on some exhaust doughnuts, black dual rate springs for the front and I need to buy some rear shock. I bought the machine thinking it would be ready to ride but when I tore into it I found it needed a serious rebuild.
y3une9u8.jpg
te6ugyhy.jpg
eve7aje3.jpg
sana3yhe.jpg
abetu7at.jpg
y6equnur.jpg
ze2ydeme.jpg

Now its finally is ready for the guys at boost-it
ese7a6av.jpg

The day I picked it up from boost it and some add on parts have accumulated in the garage since I dropped it off
ytutynus.jpg

I must say this is the cleanest kit that I have seen for this year.
ehy6yguz.jpg
8aputu2y.jpg
7ynehyne.jpg
e8y2yja9.jpg
ygyjy5ab.jpg
ydagyhu3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom