My well pump died.....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the power is on, and the plates are connected.....it would appear your pump is shot.:(

Yes, the pwer is on & the plates are connected.

Thanks for your help :beer: :beer: :d

now I know what to expect on Tuesday, when they come out here.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the meantime you can tell the ol lady its time to head to the nearest lake/river to get cleaned up:d

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just went outside to the well or where it is drilled & it's making a noise like there is water running down the stem. it is quite loud once I pulled the cap off of the top.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turn the power off get some beer call a few buddy's pull the pump you have a failure where the line goes though the casing or the barb connection at the pump a good flashlight you might be able to figger it out I can't remember the name of the fitting that goes though the casing but you should be able to see it and the water leaking out of it with the power on

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
turn the power off get some beer call a few buddy's pull the pump you have a failure where the line goes though the casing or the barb connection at the pump a good flashlight you might be able to figger it out I can't remember the name of the fitting that goes though the casing but you should be able to see it and the water leaking out of it with the power on

Cool!!!

I'll give that a try tomorrow.
I'm off to a friends for some hot water & a sleep over :D

Anything else you can suggest, I would appreciate.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool!!!

I'll give that a try tomorrow.
I'm off to a friends for some hot water & a sleep over :D

Anything else you can suggest, I would appreciate.
you need a pipe to thread into the fitting that goes though the casing use the pipe to pull the pump a flashligth you will figger it out

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't they tell ya not to touch stuff doug, sounds like your pump works, you can pull it all yourself, or i could send the big les b gals over, they will puller. shut the power off before ya start playin though.:beer:

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a 2 or 3 wire pump to tell you should have a 4 wire going down the well red black yellow and green for 3wire pump a 2wire pump will not have the yellow wire. A 3 wire pump will have a grey starter box some where this could be the problem. To pull your pump you should have a 10' lenght of 1" steel pipe with a t on the top to screw in the top of the pitless adapter down the well. If you pull it screw the pipe in hand tight and mark the top of the casing on the pipe this comes in handy when putting the pump back in. Before you go any further how deep is your well with a 1/2hp pump should not be any deeper than 180' and hopfully it is on plastic pipe not steeel. First of all find a electrician i am one but to far away and do some amperage reading and ohms check on the pump. Is the breaker single pole or double pole breaker.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went outside to the well or where it is drilled & it's making a noise like there is water running down the stem. it is quite loud once I pulled the cap off of the top.
sounds like the o ring on the pitless blew out might be an easy peasy cheap fix. if you can here water running the pump is obviously good. good luck and hopefully you get a decent guy to check it out that wont rip ya off.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like the o ring on the pitless blew out might be an easy peasy cheap fix. if you can here water running the pump is obviously good. good luck and hopefully you get a decent guy to check it out that wont rip ya off.

We have 2 wells in our subdivision that when i drilled the casing for the pitless you can actually hear the water running against the casing. Even if the o ring is pooched you would still see a bit of pressure in the house it is a pretty tight fit there. Should ask thou if the water noise is only when the pump is on if so it could be as simple as reseating the pitless but still should see some water in the house.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 2 wells in our subdivision that when i drilled the casing for the pitless you can actually hear the water running against the casing. Even if the o ring is pooched you would still see a bit of pressure in the house it is a pretty tight fit there. Should ask thou if the water noise is only when the pump is on if so it could be as simple as reseating the pitless but still should see some water in the house.

yes you would think so. but another issue could be, my dad had one the other day that the bottom of the pitless stripped out and the pump/piping was off at the bottom of the pitless and pump was hanging off the wires:eek: just sayin. listen to rsaint though he does this for a living, i am posting just off exp. from what the old man has told me. hes bin doin it for 35 yrs.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I had the same thing happen on one of my wells QT. My problem was I tackled it on my own. I could hear water rushing down the casing and could actually see the pitless leaking with a flashlite. It was about 6-8 feet down. Soooooo me and a buddy decided to unlatch the hanger and pull it out by hand BUT what we forgot to read on the Beer Box was that my well was almost 200 feet deep and my submersible was sitting around 160. RODEO :eek: the thing unlatched and headed south, quick. All I had to hang on to was the nylon rope that was attached. Got a little rope burn but managed to keep it from all going south. We did manage to pull the works out and find that the pitless adapter had broke off inside the casing, leaving the o-ring and stub still in the casing. I built a fishing tool and managed to fish out the pieces. I called a Pro in to re-install everything when I had it fixed. I did get a" WTF were you thinking" from the dude but it all worked out.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug, Doug, Doug:nono: do you need the old school teacher to come out and give you a lesson i have a well pump lab hear at sait could teach you every thing you need to know in an hour or so:rolleyes: i work for :beer:

Top Bottom