My well pump died.....

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doug, if your still trying to get your well going, i refer my acreage well business to brad @ aaron drilling, he's just east of me.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer: :D

First of all, I have to say "thanks!" to all of the useful, positive & imformative help. Including the gameroom cash donation :D

I met the rig truck out here yesterday late morning, I helped him get into position & relayed all the information that I have received from here. As soon as I turned the breaker on, I was told to turn it off! He hooked up a 12', 1" threaded pipe to the gin pole, lowered it into the stem. He couldn't get the pipe to thread, so he asked me to cut an "X" in the end of the copper pipe(his hands were kinda buggered).

We lowered the pipe back down the hole, and were able to cross thread the pitless adaptor & pull it out. We ended up buggering the threads on the copper & not the "P.A." He attatched a pipe block thing??? to the plastic pipe that came out, locked the pipe in place & rested on the top of the stem. Not letting the pump head back South.

The barbed adaptor had a pinky size hole in it(womans pinky), allowing the water to rush back down the stem & not head towards the house. Cut the plastic hose, disconnected & inspected the "P.A."(it was recently replaced). Split everything apart, re-attatched & send the whole thing back down.

I am glad that I never tried this for the first time for myself, but after seeing it done. I would attemped it now. I would just have to figure out my own block thing, so no one would have to stand there & take turns holding the platsic pipe.

Once again...... Thank you to all of you, for your help!!!

:beer: :beer: :D

Doug

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad it was a cheap fix did he replace the fitting with brass and check the pump fitting while he had it apart.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad it was a cheap fix did he replace the fitting with brass and check the pump fitting while he had it apart.

Yes he did replace it with brass. But we never pulled the pump out of the hole.

Top Bottom