looking at a new tv

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so just looking at upgrading the tv

looking at something in the 60inch range not reading much good stuff about the curved tv
looking for opinions

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just bought a 65 4k Samsung. I really wanted the curve but our room is too big. I would recommend it.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just bought a 55" Vizio M series. It is a 4K UHD monitor. It does not have a built in tuner so you have to have a tuner from whoever your TV provider is. They make larger sizes as well. I had always been a Samsung TV guy but my LCD of 5 years gave up the goat so I started to do some research and try something else. I had always thought Vizio was a sub-standard brand but they are actually rated very high. The M and the P series both come with an Android tablet that acts as a remote. It also comes with a smaller remote with basic features that we never use. It has several Chromecast apps (YouTube, Google Chrome...) that are pre-installed that can be used to cast the content from the tablet to the TV. There are several more available that can be installed. If you use Chrome as a browser on your computer or laptop or any other device you can cast to the TV from them as well. I love this feature! The image is superb even though we don't subscribe to any UHD content or have a UHD BlueRay player as of yet. It has 5 HDMI inputs if you need them. One of them is optimized for a gaming system if you need it. We only use one since everything is routed through our receiver. The audio from the built in speakers is average for general TV viewing but since we run everything through our receiver we use it whenever we want the better audio. I ordered it through Costco online since it isn't available in their stores. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Samsung is good. If you're budget allows it, try and get into the ~9000 series....you can get curved or flat.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
second for vizio m or p series, best value and quality imo..

out on the curved fad, unless your always sitting directly in front of tv...

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We must have bought a bad Vizio TV. Adjusted the brightness to see any details in semi dark movies so much that now it's hard to watch a hockey game because it's blown out - white.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had good luck with my LG TV's. Good price, good pictures. I replaced my 72" Samsung with a 65" LG and much prefer it. I use the Smart features a fair amount...Netflix, You Tube (Motor Trend Channel...good stuff), and I stream downloaded stuff from my laptop all the time, no cords, no sticks.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Hisense brand of tv`s? Prices seem reasonable, but you get what you pay for?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switched from Samsung to LG , no regrets.... Perhaps a bit more user friendly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a small Sharp to put in the armoir in our living room. It has built in Roku and works really well. The current generation of smart TV's have sure come a long way since the last one we bought 5 years ago (Samsung).

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went through this for my parents. I used website rtings.com a lot, it seems to be the best and most objective TV review website.

I ended up buying them a 60" Vizio 4k from Costco in-store on Black Friday. The Vizo 4K TVs have better picture quality than the competition at similar price level, according to rtings.com. So far so good. The TV is about $100 more today than it was on Black Friday. It actually had a smaller discount than comparable Samsungs but I still felt it was a better deal.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 65" Haier from Costco for $750, can't beat that price and their warranty is great. Picture is really good. I wouldn't spend the extra money on the pricey brands.

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Pioneer Elite Plasma is failing. Been to a couple places tv shopping, when asked what I'm replacing every salesperson has replied as if a close family member has just died expressing regret for my failing plasma. Also have said they have nothing that offers the picture quality and while they could sell me any tv they carry, they are sure I'd hate the picture once I got it home. The closest in picture quality I'm told is OLED technology by LG but also told that it's only 50-60% of what I'm replacing for quality. It has been suggested that I wait until the new year, almost spring time for better technology to come out. What's a guy to do? Funny part is my wife never quite believed me that the responses I was receiving were true until she overheard a recommended tv repair guy on the phone speak with such praise about the Pioneer TV's.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading down to best buy/visions to actually look at picture quality and go from there
more than likely will end up buying from visions tho as they are canadian owned

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also looking to buy a tv. I see Canadian Tire is offering RCA 4k HD 55inch for 499.00. Any thoughts on this one?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Bought a 65" Haier from Costco for $750, can't beat that price and their warranty is great. Picture is really good. I wouldn't spend the extra money on the pricey brands.
I wouldn't buy another off brand one.... Too many issues with remotes, HDCP issues with HD video and no support. Most the brand name smart TVs will download updates or you can install them with a flash drive. I don't know what my next one will be as I'm not buying until we move to a house from the mobile. Then I can buy the TV or possibly projector to fit my home theater room

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also looking to buy a tv. I see Canadian Tire is offering RCA 4k HD 55inch for 499.00. Any thoughts on this one?

Saw the exact same tv at superstore for 399.00 about a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom