Skid Steers

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What seems to be your issue with the controls? The g series seems pretty smooth if you ask me have 3 levels of production to choose from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was a 319D but they are just awful so laggy and not sensitive enough, ok if just moving material or nothing precise but trying to grade or maneuver in tight spaces it's awful. I tried changing the settings and ran other machines but it's just a Deere thing, honestly if it's all you've ran you might not notice, but jump into a Case and back into the Deere and you'll never want to run the Deere again. Or maybe you're running newer one's and they finally made them better from 10ish years ago.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was a 319D but they are just awful so laggy and not sensitive enough, ok if just moving material or nothing precise but trying to grade or maneuver in tight spaces it's awful. I tried changing the settings and ran other machines but it's just a Deere thing, honestly if it's all you've ran you might not notice, but jump into a Case and back into the Deere and you'll never want to run the Deere again. Or maybe you're running newer one's and they finally made them better from 10ish years ago.

Ran 333e and 324g. No complaints with either Usually run on 2nd setting for productivity
Just finished making 2 bin pads 50x100 and was within 2” ( transit verified) across whole thing by eyesight from skid steer seat. So can’t be to awful for control
Fill Clay material - that once you drive on it couple times could barely cut it with new edge

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran 333e and 324g. No complaints with either Usually run on 2nd setting for productivity
Just finished making 2 bin pads 50x100 and was within 2” ( transit verified) across whole thing by eyesight from skid steer seat. So can’t be to awful for control
Fill Clay material - that once you drive on it couple times could barely cut it with new edge

Yea they will do that no problem and you get use to it but running other machines really shows how lacking the controls are. I like my machines to respond instantly to input, not a few seconds later.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea they will do that no problem and you get use to it but running other machines really shows how lacking the controls are. I like my machines to respond instantly to input, not a few seconds later.
I had a cat 236 that was brutal for that, no breakout force what so ever

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I find that the controls in both Deere products we have are very accurate and have no issues. Same thing with the bobcat I had previously. If that was a common issue wouldn't all these construction companies be buying different equipment. Is this an issue with an odd individual unit.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran the neighbors cat skid steer on tracks to load sand from our pit for his horse riding arena ( was super dry and figured I’d be stuck and spinning to much with backhoe or my tire skid steer. Definitely wasn’t impressed with the cat. Also had weak hyd compared to deere and watching lift capacity videos. Deere in league of own.
Could be partial to Deere too I guess as we have amazing support in town for ag ( lots of parts can get for construction too ) and if going to city brandt
Friend just got the new big case on tracks. Waiting for chance to see it doing some real work

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well went with the new Kubota, packaged in a zero turn mower with it and got more of a discount. Sales rep has been great and dealer is 15 minutes from my house. Pick it up in a couple weeks when we get back from Montana camping.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well went with the new Kubota, packaged in a zero turn mower with it and got more of a discount. Sales rep has been great and dealer is 15 minutes from my house. Pick it up in a couple weeks when we get back from Montana camping.
Let me know how the mower works, I'm in the market for a good sized 0 turn, Preferably diesel

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know how the mower works, I'm in the market for a good sized 0 turn, Preferably diesel

Will do. We are just a residential 54" gas mower. More then enough for our acreage. Was also looking at Club Cadet and Toro.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you will be happy! Sending you positive vibs for many trouble free hours!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will do. We are just a residential 54" gas mower. More then enough for our acreage. Was also looking at Club Cadet and Toro.
I've been running a cub cadet 54" zero turn for a couple years. It's been great except the bagger plugs up too easy if there is any moisture in the grass.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20230714_170048.jpg

New toy arrived today. Zero turn next week.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well day 1 of using it and already had the Kubota service guy out. Turbo charge tube blew off, minor and could have fixed it myself but guy said I shouldn't have to and he would be right out. Pretty good customer service, something that looks like it was missed during the PDI.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well day 1 of using it and already had the Kubota service guy out. Turbo charge tube blew off, minor and could have fixed it myself but guy said I shouldn't have to and he would be right out. Pretty good customer service, something that looks like it was missed during the PDI.
That kind of sucks but I guess that sh!t happens. The only problem I've ever had with mine is the def pump went on it. Fixed under warranty but gone for 3 weeks. You should not have that problem

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That kind of sucks but I guess that sh!t happens. The only problem I've ever had with mine is the def pump went on it. Fixed under warranty but gone for 3 weeks. You should not have that problem

Was a quick fix. Just sucked that it happened within 30 minutes of using it, but hose reinstalled and clamps tightened an now issues the rest of the day. If that ends up being my biggest issue then all good by me. The fact that they were out to my place within an hour of calling was pretty impressive for a Saturday I thought, even when I told them I could fix it myself.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're gonna realise how much the front sliding door is going to benefit you. I had a Bobcat and I couldn't open the door if it was an inch off the ground. Which was quite regular in grading situations or snow removal.
One of the main reasons I bought a kubota

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is your one month review? Was in to Edmonton Kubota yesterday to look at a 75-3 and he was telling me to just get a 65-2 for my needs

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B
So what is your one month review? Was in to Edmonton Kubota yesterday to look at a 75-3 and he was telling me to just get a 65-2 for my needs

Other than my turbo charge tube blowing off a couple of times its ran great with no other issues. Haven't used it much these days off with how wet my yard is but been using it on my driveway and a few areas as an excuse to get out and play. I probably could have went with the 65-2 but Id rather be slightly oversized then wishing I had the power and lifting capacity later on.

Top Bottom