km 23

crts_lmbrt6

Reaction score
Im heading up to mcbride this weekend and were looking at new areas we haven't been in and we would like to jump off at km 23 and ride to the meadows and beyond to the ant hills and i would like to know if anyone has been through there lately because we have a couple of beginners riding with us we don't want to go some where were we are going to have a hard time getting through. We also don't want to go over the saddle to get there. Any info can help thanks.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im heading up to mcbride this weekend and were looking at new areas we haven't been in and we would like to jump off at km 23 and ride to the meadows and beyond to the ant hills and i would like to know if anyone has been through there lately because we have a couple of beginners riding with us we don't want to go some where were we are going to have a hard time getting through. We also don't want to go over the saddle to get there. Any info can help thanks.
NO SNOW...ALL SNOW MELTED...NO GO THERE! I`m just joking, it going to depend on your friends sled and ability. It`s been snowing all week in mcbride so the snow is going to be deep and deeper. I would think even the trail up to the ant hills is going to be a challange for the first couple of sleds.

Hylode

Reaction score
Well as of now I could not tell you , but a bunch of us broke the trail prior to Xmas , and I,m sure once a trail is broke it will stay open :D

Buster

Reaction score
I wish it was more straight-right-left-right-left, It was like being in the army on that trail. Breaking trail must of been a chore:)good job.

Hylode

Reaction score
Put it this way Buster , once I got back to the hotel I fell asleep with a shot of rum in my hand ! , but it was well worth it :coffee_ani:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well as of now I could not tell you , but a bunch of us broke the trail prior to Xmas , and I,m sure once a trail is broke it will stay open :D
I been to renshaw 3-4 times this year and the trail is easy to see. It`s being well used.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had gone through at km 27, the track in was well used (Feb 19), there was still powder in the meadows. The lower bowl in the anthills had a large cornice... (I'm not sure if it is still hanging). My thinking km 23 will be in much the same shape. The anthills were well used... with the exception of the lower bowl (High Avy untill the cornice drops). Have fun in the meadows... make sure they know how to use the safety gear.... bring'm all home.... :D

Top Bottom