Blue Lake 23/24

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ventured up blue lake on Monday. Parked in main lot with good coverage right from the bottom. Pretty thin till you get past the cut blocks then it improves. Meadows and hills without little trees were really good most hills needed a little more coverage though lots of little tree tops poking through. Probed 105cm but was snowing super hard when we left likely 140 and set up now after yesterdays rain snow event. Trail is getting a little rough up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprised to hear you could ride from the bottom. I bet that has moved up quite a bit after all this warm and rain though unfortunately.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ventured up blue lake on Monday. Parked in main lot with good coverage right from the bottom. Pretty thin till you get past the cut blocks then it improves. Meadows and hills without little trees were really good most hills needed a little more coverage though lots of little tree tops poking through. Probed 105cm but was snowing super hard when we left likely 140 and set up now after yesterdays rain snow event. Trail is getting a little rough up top.

Sob

Get back to work buddy , no time to smash pow lol

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, just trying to make up for the slow start.

Jwaldner93

Reaction score
We went up blue lake yesterday, we rode from bottom first 3 km are pretty cringe mostly just gravel. Rest of the trail was actually in really good shape. We found some good riding had to go look for it. Visibility was pretty ruff foggy and snowing so didn’t venture too far. Lots of trees and stumps gotta watch for. But she was snowing like crazy last night when we were heading down! Fingers crossed.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We have a snow dance that worked. 6” or 15cm at the top of Salmon Arm (not in the valley bottom) and it is snowing hard.
Heavy, wet white gold.
Owls video cam shows close to 10” or 25 cm and Silver Star is reporting 48 cm or 18” in the last 48 hours.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a few years ago and there was logging going on so we parked SE corner of town and went to Owls and Blue I believe. Was only there the once. I did hear it was temporary staging tho

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owls was pretty ok......
20240124_121235.jpg

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't want to ride from the bottom at Blue Lake yesterday so went to Queest. Lots of rock on the trail below 3km. Snow is pretty bad up top. Rock hard layer over all the old tracks and trenches. Both sleds (Alpha, G5) were just spinning on the ice layer not able to cut through it. 8-12" of fresh on top. Tough conditions to ride in and descents are spicy.

Top Bottom