New sled what to get?

ridedoo4

Reaction score
Hey guys, my first post here. I have a bit of a conniption here, I can't for the life of me decide which sled to get. So far I have it narrowed down to the Ski doo Tundra Xtreme, Summit Sp 600 154 or a Polaris pro rmk 600. I live in central Ontario so only about 1.5-5 feet of snow, this winter has sucked. I normally ride through tight trees with a few steep hills, (a summit would still fit fine). A lot of our riding is stop/go and technical. I do enjoy carving up a field here and there. I do explore quite a few rough untracked areas. I have quite a few questions. First would it take much to make a summit or pro rmk crawl along like a tundra? Is the 16 inch track on the Doos helpful, does it float better, or is it about the same because the sled is heavier? Also do the pogos and flat belly pan on the tundra really help it in deep snow,(less drag), is it even noticeable? I know the a arm front will turn better and handle the bumps better but if I can't stop my track from spinning and leaving a trench/almost get stuck, what's the point? Is the ride quality that bad with the pogos? Granted anything newer would be a huge step up from my '86 tundra lt. Is the XM chassis easier to carve and sidehill or should I go for the lighter sled? Is the poo's 600 comparable to the ETEC? I also like the wider ski stance of the pro and summit, but my current tundra is only 28.5 inches wide without my 8inch ski skins, (you get thrown around at every little bump in your path). Would the newer tundra be alot more stable? And for a bit of road running, 2km or so, how would the tracks hold up? Really what sled would have the most ability and go the most places! Also if I got a doo I would probably get the articulating suspension as it is said to help greatly in reverse, does it? Any issues with these sleds? Reliability? Durability? Whatever snowmobile I get I will put the widest possible ski skins on. Ice scratchers would also be a must. Should I wait for next year? I know it's a little lengthy but quite frankly nothing else is giving me a good comparison. I would like to hear from people who have rode both. Feel free to suggest other sleds, but an 800 is a lot of sled for me as I'm only 5'4 140. Also it must be light, under 500 pounds. I know they will all be a pig to get unstuck but, can't be as bad as my 98 skandic swt I used to have! I got it stuck good in a slushy ditch by myself, had to lift it about 2 feet straight up (not fun). Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to what you have to say! Agility is key for me. Yes I know the sleds are for different purposes, so please don't tell me that it isn't a fair comparison.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The summit sport is 8800 brand new, put a mbrp can on and you will not be disappointed one bit. It will come in at 422lbs as well. I should take a few videos of it against some other sleds but feelers get hurt easily. Oh i do not own one, but it beats my 800.

Last edited:

ridedoo4

Reaction score
Ok? But would the old xp keep up with the xm's?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 600 sport comes with the tmotion. My 159x16 crawls through the trees pretty good. But it's a bit of a tank)

Last edited:

ridedoo4

Reaction score
It does? Did they just change it? Or are you talking about the sp? nice to know that it crawls well.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summit ...... sport ...not the sp. The 600 engine stands up very well good fuel economy to.)

ridedoo4

Reaction score
Does tgetmok

ridedoo4

Reaction score
Does the tmotion work way better with the flex edge?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled is so light you don't need any flex edge and tuition but it comes with it

ridedoo4

Reaction score
Ok that looks like a good option, does the 146 float anywhere near as well as the 154?

ridedoo4

Reaction score
Any clue how would it stack up against the lighter pro rmk with the 155?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I made any comments how it stacks up in would be called a liar. Let's just say it hurts a .....lot......of feelings

ridedoo4

Reaction score
Ok so the doo is the way to go? I would be getting a new summit sp with the 600etec and 154 inch track or should I just get a ptek

Top Bottom