2024 Brake Changes

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
What's everybody's brake feel like and does anyone know exactly what changes they made? Went for a road ride Saturday and not impressed with how the brake is functioning in my 24 Khaos. As soon as I rolled the brake forward to my liking it went spongy. I bleed it to make sure there was no air in the line and also filled the reservoir to the max. But if you roll it forward to proper riding position you basically pull the lever to your fingers before it grabs. My 23 was perfect but this 24 is almost dangerous.

There was another 24 from a different dealership and was exactly the same way. We both phoned our respective dealerships. I was told I was the second guy to complain and to not roll the brake forward, it has to be level. I basically said nope, Burandt and every sponsored rider has been preaching bar set up for over 10 years and now we have to go backwards. Friend was told they have lots of complaints and the salesman's sled was the same way. Said it was the changes they made for 24. They are looking into adjustable levers until Polaris gets back to them.

I'd rather haver the Axys brake and caliper back. At least they were tough and I thought they worked just fine.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was at my dealership I saw a couple of sleds with the brake lever moved forward. I tried them and it does feel better

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was reason for the updated 24?
I don’t understand why any manufacturer would mess with something that is already working…?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like every week there's another issue or two with these new sleds

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure makes a faithfull Polaris owner shake his head when he hears of all the issues

Top Bottom