Kakwa 2012-2013 conditions

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet looks not bad,where is everyone planning on riding this weekend,we are going to try get into cecialia...

4dzrule

Reaction score
It sure is disappointing to see that people can't follow the rules. You can't ride anything off the trial on the AB side of Kakwa!!! Why can't people read the little yellow signs. The fact that they know you can't go into BC until Dec 1st tells me that they are not new to the area. The only time you can leave the trail on the AB side is to access your winter camp 150m off the trail. ALL YEAR LONG!!! Kakwa is a PRIVELDGE to ride in and can be taken away with a stroke of a pen by someone behind a desk. Tell your friends. Don't ride in the meadows on the AB side. SRD has a camp at deadhorse and they patrol the area, leaving tracks in the meadows just gives them reasons to close it down from the AB side. Once you cross the BC border ride in all the meadows you want. The more people out there the more self policing we will have to do.

:nono:

Last edited:

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sure is disappointing to see that people cant follow the rules. You can't ride anything off the trial on the AB side of Kakwa!!! Why cants people read the little yellow signs. The fact that they know you can't go into BC until Dec 1st tells me that they are not new to the area. The only time you can leave the trail on the AB side is to access your winter camp 150m off the trail. ALL YEAR LONG!!! Kakwa is a PRIVELDGE to ride in and can be taken away with a stroke of a pen by someone behind a desk. Tell you friends. Don't ride in the meadows on the AB side. SRD has a camp at deadhorse and they patrol the area, leaving tracks in the meadows just gives them reasons to close it down from the AB side. Once you cross the BC border ride in all the meadows you want. The more people out there the more self policing we will have to do.

:nono:
You can't ride the river?

4dzrule

Reaction score
Kakwa River is fine

Keep in mind if you aren't in the park you can technically ride wherever u want, it's crown land till u see the kakwa park sign on the trail. Trouble is all those temping meadows are within the park borders.

Read buddy's post on Doo talk and he says the video is taken right at the border...

Last edited:

codey525

Reaction score
Few if us are heading in December 7, its only my second time in, what's the chances the lake will be good to ride on by then?

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with all this fresh pow does anyone have any pics tp post from the first weekend allowed into BC? Would be great to see some. Even if they were from Big Mtn.

5mphfaster

Reaction score
we r pulling camp on sunday i hope there's not to much snow to get camp in but on the other hand i will deal with it if we can get a couple days of fresh pow AKA(pussy) riding in this early!! bottoms up.

Kermit

Reaction score
As of Monday the 10th ~85cm snow at the border, not groomed yet from border to lake. Some slush on the lake, crossed without stopping, came back around edge, 3-4ft powder and nice riding. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355350097.331027.jpg

Top Bottom