Is alberta leaving?

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be a huge problem, the writing on the wall would say we are about to become VERY independently wealthy.

Everyone would want to move here, how would we filter out the Cons from Libs & dippers? Nobody accepted from the east Manitoba boarder on? Absolutely NOBODY from PQ and only Conservatives from Ontario. Newfies can F-O too, two faced back stabbers.

Those details would definitely need to be ironed out so we could set off on the right foot.
Really .... How about you tell us how you really feel ....doesn't take much for true colours to show ...gwon take your ball and go play by yourself....you must have been a spoiled brat as a child ... then again AB is a young province - maybe you're not old enough to remember previous downturns or your just an entitled millennial .... maybe you're just an a$$hole

Again - as much or more of my cheque goes to same to for the corp tax and hst contributed by my company - some of which went your way to buy TMP, operate the Nat Parks in AB (plus loads of $ to market them), healthcare, etc. just like everyone else. When your oil patch region was ablaze not long ago us a$$holes from NL were among the 1st to help - guess as a child you forget about these things ..

Tdope might now realize that western seats do matter (still doesn't give a #k about you) so nows your chance to milk it for a bit.

Continuing to **** on your brothers and sisters because you didn't get what you want isn't the answer.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really .... How about you tell us how you really feel ....doesn't take much for true colours to show ...gwon take your ball and go play by yourself....you must have been a spoiled brat as a child ... then again AB is a young province - maybe you're not old enough to remember previous downturns or your just an entitled millennial .... maybe you're just an a$$hole

Again - as much or more of my cheque goes to same to for the corp tax and hst contributed by my company - some of which went your way to buy TMP, operate the Nat Parks in AB (plus loads of $ to market them), healthcare, etc. just like everyone else. When your oil patch region was ablaze not long ago us a$$holes from NL were among the 1st to help - guess as a child you forget about these things ..

Tdope might now realize that western seats do matter (still doesn't give a #k about you) so nows your chance to milk it for a bit.

Continuing to **** on your brothers and sisters because you didn't get what you want isn't the answer.

You think we wanted federal money to buy trans mountain? Not a damn chance. We wanted that pussy in Ontario to push the approval through so that private industry could build the pipe on their own. We don't need any corporate welfare. If business can't thrive on its own, why should the government pump money in to it? We need government to support our industries, not fund them. Our tax dollars should fund critical infrastructure within our borders; schools, healthcare, roads, and justice.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Say Alberta does separate......

Where are you going to go? Join the states? Do you really want to be American??? If so then just move there now. You will still be a land locked province. This talk of instant wealth if separated from the east makes no sense. Still can't get products to market. Unfortunately BC will never stand up for independence so in order to make this separation idea a reality a world of miracles needs to take place. Instead wht not work towards something that can actually happen like a electoral reform of some kind or better representation.

I'm all for standing up for what is believed in but I think we should bring it back to reality a little bit.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone who isn't at least 4th generation Albertan is to be deported to ontario. natives starelized.

might lead to a lot of cousin banging, but that is the price of progress I guess? haha

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Say Alberta does separate......

Where are you going to go? Join the states? Do you really want to be American??? If so then just move there now. You will still be a land locked province. This talk of instant wealth if separated from the east makes no sense. Still can't get products to market. Unfortunately BC will never stand up for independence so in order to make this separation idea a reality a world of miracles needs to take place. Instead wht not work towards something that can actually happen like a electoral reform of some kind or better representation.

I'm all for standing up for what is believed in but I think we should bring it back to reality a little bit.

Well if Alberta, Yukon and Sask left BC would be ocean locked.
By law no UN member is allowed to land lock another UN member.
Port access must be given as well as waterway access, may be easier to export than now as all of Trudumb's bills would not apply.
Two pretty good bargaining chips with BC as BC would more screwed than the new democracy would be.
Oh and the new democracy actually could turn the taps off to get BC's attention....lol.
BC would only have free access to fish, pot and mushrooms, maybe some firewood.

..........then there is always Americannism and the Washington coastline
Federalism first but ya I would go American.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Brothers and sisters , LOL, yeah right , nice try !! 1 st to help , yeah right , cause you all cared , right ? Till there was the chance of free stuff and things got tough here , then back you go . Cause you care right ?.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
well if alberta, yukon and sask left bc would be ocean locked.
By law no un member is allowed to land lock another un member.
Port access must be given as well as waterway access, may be easier to export than now as all of trudumb's bills would not apply.
Two pretty good bargaining chips with bc as bc would more screwed than the new democracy would be.
Oh and the new democracy actually could turn the taps off to get bc's attention....lol.
Bc would only have free access to fish, pot and mushrooms, maybe some firewood.

..........then there is always americannism and the washington coastline
federalism first but ya i would go american.

yukon, and iquilat voted lieberal, and nunavut voted ndpee.... Yukon won't leave the confederation

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Port access must be given as well as waterway access, may be easier to export than now as all of Trudumb's bills would not apply.
Two pretty good bargaining chips with BC as BC would more screwed than the new democracy would be.
BC would only have free access to fish, pot and mushrooms.

..........then there is always Americannism ad the Washington coastline

Port access yes but doesn't clarify as to what extent. BC is actually fairly self sufficient and with ports it's easy trade.

I think the conservatives would be stronger if it were about actual change vs separation.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Port access yes but doesn't clarify as to what extent. BC is actually fairly self sufficient and with ports it's easy trade.

I think the conservatives would be stronger if it were about actual change vs separation.

Yes, absolutely change first - anything else is really desperation.
Patience will be needed as change will not be next week!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely change first - anything else is really desperation.
Patience will be needed as change will not be next week!

Agreed, pushing for change is the way to go, but I think poising ourselves for separation in the meantime is prudent. Much like the kinds of changes we're talking about, separation can't happen overnight either, and if we're demonstrating that we're serious about leaving, perhaps that change we need will happen sooner than later.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and the new democracy actually could turn the taps off to get BC's attention....lol.
BC would only have free access to fish, pot and mushrooms, maybe some firewood.

..........then there is always Americannism and the Washington coastline
Federalism first but ya I would go American.

Well that brings up an interesting point. Would the Republic of Western Canada want anything to do with the UN?

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brothers and sisters , LOL, yeah right , nice try !! 1 st to help , yeah right , cause you all cared , right ? Till there was the chance of free stuff and things got tough here , then back you go . Cause you care right ?.
Have fun on tour own. UN would likely endorse removal of all non-natives / indigenous or require significant restitution / compensation be paid. Wait till you have to come knocking on Canada's door as a refugee! Good luck gong down the separation route!!!

Not sure what free stuff you refer to ...last time I checked the Cdn $ was the same across the country ....btw in 40 years never had to go to your spectacular province for work but glad that others were able to do so .... Wonder how long your family has been on your sacred land? 20 years? 50 years? 100? 200? 500?

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully not.
RWC would want to be a part of the UN otherwise would be shut out of trade....
Make the best of the situation - Tdope will now have a reason to push it through or govt will be even more fractured come next election.

Maybe then NL will stand a chance of being able to wheel hydro power through QB - we've been held hostage on that front for 50 years. Billions in lost revenue for our province.
We're not all that different - look for reasons to work together not to tear each other down.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RWC would want to be a part of the UN otherwise would be shut out of trade....
Make the best of the situation - Tdope will now have a reason to push it through or govt will be even more fractured come next election.

Maybe then NL will stand a chance of being able to wheel hydro power through QB - we've been held hostage on that front for 50 years. Billions in lost revenue for our province.
We're not all that different - look for reasons to work together not to tear each other down.

I'm actually surprised you newfies aren't up in arms as well. You guys have been getting bent over by Ottawa for decades. The power crisis, oil exploration and mining and fishing. Newfies were the second immigrants so technically the first canadians.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or think of this, say Alberta does separate and they go gang busters drilling and pumping oil and make a vast fortune and 20 years from now we have some sort of new technology that greatly reduces our need for oil world wide thus killing that industry once again. Then what? Do the try to come back? I love the oil industry and the work but its fairly short sighted to not look into the future. Being a one trick pony is good for now but what about tomorrow

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or think of this, say Alberta does separate and they go gang busters drilling and pumping oil and make a vast fortune and 20 years from now we have some sort of new technology that greatly reduces our need for oil world wide thus killing that industry once again. Then what? Do the try to come back? I love the oil industry and the work but its fairly short sighted to not look into the future. Being a one trick pony is good for now but what about tomorrow

The concepts of leveraging what we have today and planning for tomorrow are not mutually exclusive. In fact, being able to properly leverage our resources today should enable us to be better prepared down the road.

Top Bottom