Is alberta leaving?

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, no issues with those who relocated here...(and I used Newfoundland as a reference...my bad...all the maritime provinces gave good support to the Liberals)....my issue is those that were ok to work here, then fly home with no ties to this province other than filling his pockets with oil sands cash and then support a govt who is out to kill the industry they worked in.

I am all in support for those that relocate and make a life here. We all (current or past generations) moved from somewhere

Would you prefer Harpers Temporary Foreign Workers Program that as rampant for years?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 seats are a problem? lets do some tough math here...121(conservative seats) + 7(possible seats)= 128(not enough to form a minority government).....even in Newfoundland

Lord tunderin Jesus man you forgot to subtract 7 from the liberals also that weakens their minority.
Ever seat counts buddy and math never lies....use all of it.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lord tunderin Jesus man you forgot to subtract 7 from the liberals also that weakens their minority.
Ever seat counts buddy and math never lies....use all of it.

It was 6 liberal seats btw, but I get the point. No bad for a newfie hey? If Sheer had one something in Quebec and Ontario there would be no talk of any of this.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was 6 liberal seats btw, but I get the point. No bad for a newfie hey? If Sheer had one something in Quebec and Ontario there would be no talk of any of this.

You are correct and Sheer/PC is a tough sell out east, they have a morbid fear of having to be equal.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 seats are a problem? lets do some tough math here...121(conservative seats) + 7(possible seats)= 128(not enough to form a minority government).....even in Newfoundland

The point of all this is that the east coast has a strong Liberal following and if there are easterners who voted Liberal back home and make there livelihood in Alberta it doesn't sit well with people who permanently reside here given the frustration of oil jobs in Alberta now.

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The point of all this is that the east coast has a strong Liberal following and if there are easterners who voted Liberal back home and make there livelihood in Alberta it doesn't set well with people who permanently reside here given the frustration of oil jobs in Alberta now.
There were 67000 conservative votes in Newfoundland, who's to say they didn't come from the peeps that fly back and forth to the oil sands?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were 67000 conservative votes in Newfoundland, who's to say they didn't come from the peeps that fly back and forth to the oil sands?

you're right, we don't....carry on...enjoy your day

The point was expertly summed up by JPMEZ69 in post #87

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Alberta leaving....no, won't happen....

But, I'm really disappointed in Newfoundland.....1000's of them had no issues working in Alberta when things were good ....but yet they vote in a red sweep of Liberal seats....do they realize that the Libs hate Alberta and our oil industry? Why would you vote for a party that is killing the west and then come this way for employment? Thanks for the support! Talk about working the system!

Next time you get a job in Alberta, maybe the income tax should stay in the province where you worked.
Well I guess then that you're really pissed at the rest of AB who voted Lib - more than the entire population of NL - perhaps they should also GTF out of AB too ....

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess then that you're really pissed at the rest of AB who voted Lib - more than the entire population of NL - perhaps they should also GTF out of AB too ....

Page 8, post 77, please read.
And they are residents so they get to stay (kinda like relatives) even if they not so smrt.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well....the word of the day is URINE

If you live in the west and/or see the oil and gas industry as an important industry and if you supported the Trudeau......then urine idiot!

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Page 8, post 77, please read.
And they are residents so they get to stay (kinda like relatives) even if they not so smrt.
Would suspect that many people here held their nose and voted - both Scheer & Tdope are slimy. If a sensible / moderate headed either major party the majority of the country would back them and the country would move ahead.

Spat of name calling doesn't fix the problem.
The West's portrayal of everyone who resides east of it as being lazy / stupid/ ignorant only further alienates you as being dumb rednecks / hicks - cuts both ways.
Most people I know from all parts of the country are hard working and decent and I suspect much the same can be said for most.

Election is over now lets move on!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NFLD - 7 seats available - elected // 6 Liberal // 1 NDP
PEI - - 4 seats avaialble - elected // 4 Liberal
NS - - 11 seats available - elected // 10 Liberal // 1 Conservative
NB - 10 seats available - elected // 6 Liberal // 1 Green // 3 Conservative

Totals - 32 seats available - elected // 26 Liberal // 4 Conservative // 1 NDP // 1 Green

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NFLD - 7 seats available - elected // 6 Liberal // 1 NDP
PEI - - 4 seats avaialble - elected // 4 Liberal
NS - - 11 seats available - elected // 10 Liberal // 1 Conservative
NB - 10 seats available - elected // 6 Liberal // 1 Green // 3 Conservative

Totals - 32 seats available - elected // 26 Liberal // 4 Conservative // 1 NDP // 1 Green

Holy shat!!!
There are flights to every one of those provinces to pick up workers when booming in Ft Mac......thanks for helping to kill your own futures!
Sickening........

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about all the immigrants that send up to 50% of their income back to their country of origin?
Last time I checked , an economy needs re-investment of said income to make the world go round.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about all the immigrants that send up to 50% of their income back to their country of origin?
Last time I checked , an economy needs re-investment of said income to make the world go round.

I don't really have an issue with that. That immigrant is at least living and probably involved in the community where he lives. If they're sending their savings to help family....good for them.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if BC Alberta Saskatchewan and maybe Manitoba leave and formed our own country we would be one of the wealthiest countries in the world and able to afford the social programs and even fund development of real alternate energy without fawking over families.
These four provinces have the diversity of industries that most countries dream of and there wold be no issues developing forgien trade for all of the products that would be available.
If we really want out quickly just call up the US, Donald or others.
If they hear Alberta wants out and into the US the Rockafellas will promote the oilsands as clean energy with their next 200million.
If Alberta wants out it is not hard to leave.
Just who or if anyone wants to come along.
Just remember it is working visas for all the new forgieners , nobody would just get flown in for easy money camp jobs any more.
Our own country is best, sharing with all of the US second but even that is a huge step forward for our children's futures.

Agree, I'd rather stand on our own two feet, no 51'st state.

It would be VERY difficult to become our own country. We would have to address money, CPP, police, prision systems, healthcare and a litany of other issues. And how much debt would we have to take with us (they wouldn't let us walk away for free) it's totally doable but not at all simple.

And add the NWT & Yukon to that list, instant tidewater access and they have LOTS of minerals, precious metals and diamonds to contribute. Not sure what part of that thought excites me more, our new country and rediculous wealth, or seeing the east eat **** and go broke, especially those PQ leaches.

If if I have to hear Legault say "there is no social acceptability for a pipe line in Quebec" I'll smash my TV. How about we no longer have a social acceptability for sending billions of dollars to your welfare province? And where the hell do they think that money comes from?

Where do I sign up? I've had enough of all the vampires East from Manitoba on, especially PQ.

They made it crystal clear how much they hate us, SEE YA!

Last edited:

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Alberta does seperate i could see their population growing instantly by 3X, i would be one of the first arriving.

That would be a huge problem, the writing on the wall would say we are about to become VERY independently wealthy.

Everyone would want to move here, how would we filter out the Cons from Libs & dippers? Nobody accepted from the east Manitoba boarder on? Absolutely NOBODY from PQ and only Conservatives from Ontario. Newfies can F-O too, two faced back stabbers.

Those details would definitely need to be ironed out so we could set off on the right foot.

Top Bottom