iq 800

Keng

Reaction score
so does anyone on here know where i can find some info on the late model relese of the iq 800. friend of mine is picking one up and we dont know much about the sled at all. other than its a 800 iq with rmk seat and tank.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so does anyone on here know where i can find some info on the late model relese of the iq 800. friend of mine is picking one up and we dont know much about the sled at all. other than its a 800 iq with rmk seat and tank.

Whoa, power much....probably with a 121" that'll be a rocket.

Keng

Reaction score
they say 154 hp. with a 1inch track. cant wait to see it go and try it out. see how it is compared to my 08 rmk 700.. im sure it will be a big difference. just trying to find out if its carb or cfi since they are saying its a shift model. im guessing carbs. but would be nice to see a pic of he thing before it comes into the dealer. he got the only one comming in.. limited production from what im told.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they say 154 hp. with a 1inch track. cant wait to see it go and try it out. see how it is compared to my 08 rmk 700.. im sure it will be a big difference. just trying to find out if its carb or cfi since they are saying its a shift model. im guessing carbs. but would be nice to see a pic of he thing before it comes into the dealer. he got the only one comming in.. limited production from what im told.

I doubt they would carb that motor, i would say it's CFI and that thing should mop your 700 lol...nothing wrong with yours of course, but you're turning a lot more track. and down about ten hp?

Keng

Reaction score
oh yeah no way im gonna keep up.. but i did buy and rmk for a reason. lol.. i love tipping it on the corners and in the straights. little narrower more fun to drive. lol.
but had her at 90mph on the speedo. does anyone know the top end of the 800 iqs/dragon and the 700 rmks.. 155 of course.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yeah no way im gonna keep up.. but i did buy and rmk for a reason. lol.. i love tipping it on the corners and in the straights. little narrower more fun to drive. lol.
but had her at 90mph on the speedo. does anyone know the top end of the 800 iqs/dragon and the 700 rmks.. 155 of course.

Yeah, hopefully i get to try one out sometime soon, haven't ridden an IQ yet sadly...although the seats seem like @$$ killers from when i sat on the in the showroom, the revs have super comfy seats though.

Keng

Reaction score
actually the seat is pretty comfy.. nice for standing. buddy of mine has a mxz 600 ho and i sat it tonight and no thanx.. i dont like the way it sits. and that was right from getting on it. and i dont like how i cant tip it to turn without alot of force.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually the seat is pretty comfy.. nice for standing. buddy of mine has a mxz 600 ho and i sat it tonight and no thanx.. i dont like the way it sits. and that was right from getting on it. and i dont like how i cant tip it to turn without alot of force.

I rode an 07 summit and loved it, but also wider skis and i was riding in the mountains but it was wicked the engine just keeps pulling and pulling, the ski's don't like the ground too much lol. And the seat seemed really nice to me, i like the rider up feel cuz it's so easy to stand. The shape of the seat is also nice..i felt that the polaris seat is tooo narrow but thats just me

Keng

Reaction score
of course. to each their own i say. but yeah i was a little worried about the seat on the rmk but after riding on it for a while i actually find it nice. and its only narrow in the front. and the iq is a rider forward type of design. another thing i was a little worried about. comming off a 94 xlt sks. major different and handling wow. amazing. polaris did a awesome job with the iq platform.

Keng

Reaction score
what year rmk and was it the freestyle seat on the dragon. cause i think thats the seat they have on it?

Keng

Reaction score
thats the same seat thats on the 08 rmk 600/700 with the 155+ track.. love the seat. comfy and dosent feel like your riding a bull when your standing up. lol

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yea lol...i was looking at an iq 800 in the buyandsell last night but it was mod
mod 800 engine in a iq 440 frame with a 144" by 2.25" track putting out 160 ponies...but outa my price range....lol

Keng

Reaction score
lol yeah the rmk was outta my range.. but with what i got for finnancing and payments i was able to get her.. got it just after xmas. and already put over 300 miles on it. got a nice place here in ontario that i want to go try her out at. closest ill get to mountain riding here. but in two years its valemount for me.

Keng

Reaction score
yes the old seats are poo.. espcially the ones with the built in tanks. lol. i must give polaris major props they came back and came back big time.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea lol...i was looking at an iq 800 in the buyandsell last night but it was mod
mod 800 engine in a iq 440 frame with a 144" by 2.25" track putting out 160 ponies...but outa my price range....lol

I dream about riding a sled like that, LOL...that chassis looks amazing and i saw some videos of the 600 race sleds and wow! i couldnt imagine and 800 with a big track...that thing would rock and rolll

Top Bottom