Trail Etiquette

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo, lets say your riding an area that does not groom. Why in the F$%K does everyone single track on a logging road instead of trying to make a wider trail? There is a 3' deep whoop section for 10++km of a logging road. Seen it on 2 occasions this weekend. 10+ sleds in front of us, and all following each other single file on a road that's 40ft wide. Then come across a fallen tree, and literally cut about 2" wider than a sled so you can barely fit, instead of at least taking 5' off of it. Being stupid is like being dead, You don't know your dead, and its just painful for anyone around you.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo, lets say your riding an area that does not groom. Why in the F$%K does everyone single track on a logging road instead of trying to make a wider trail? There is a 3' deep whoop section for 10++km of a logging road. Seen it on 2 occasions this weekend. 10+ sleds in front of us, and all following each other single file on a road that's 40ft wide. Then come across a fallen tree, and literally cut about 2" wider than a sled so you can barely fit, instead of at least taking 5' off of it. Being stupid is like being dead, You don't know your dead, and its just painful for anyone around you.

Never understand why people do that with the logs. Take it off the whole trail lol

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had another issue this weekend 6 in a group putting along 5 moved over and let us pass the last guy who was swerving back and forth on the trail got pissed when he was passed. Hold you line and and be aware of who is around you.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails get whooped because for some reason, guys simply cannot hold the throttle steady. They think its cool to open and close the clutch 1000 times before they get to the alpine and then complain about how these clutches never last.....

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had another issue this weekend 6 in a group putting along 5 moved over and let us pass the last guy who was swerving back and forth on the trail got pissed when he was passed. Hold you line and and be aware of who is around you.
Yea had quite a bit of trouble with that this weekend. People parking 3-4 wide in the middle of the trail. Riding slow, weaving back and forth, and not looking back. Guess with more people in this sport than ever before you're going to have more newbies, assholes, etc but it is pretty frustrating lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I noticed a whole new philosophy to riding the other day. I don’t know how many times we were parked chatting or resting on the edge of a meadow and groups of riders would blow by us at WOT and it appeared like lots of “show off wheelies”. Just wound up and giving ‘er in a straight line. It was a rare occasion to get a nod, a wave, thumbs up, or whatever. It seemed like it was all about how fast can we go to get to nowhere.
Wasn’t like that even 5 years ago. People would stop or slow down and ask if all was well. Not these days.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had to tell other riders with us in the pass not to take the same track down a steep hill. Always ride at lease half a sled width over so that when we need to come out at the end of the day, the trail would be wide and set up. Some times people would cooperate, other times they would ride right In the middle. And it would be those riders that had a hard time getting out.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got yelled at yesterday for passing a group that was parked scattered all over the trail. I guess i hit them with an ice chunk. #soft
IMG_4593.gif

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You big meany you probably ###### up their instagram post. He my kid got yelled at and the guy gave him the finger. But the guys was to much of a coward to stop at the cabin.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple ..they're too afraid of tagging a rock or stump ...I spend my time flattening as much as possible ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple ..they're too afraid of tagging a rock or stump ...I spend my time flattening as much as possible ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
Dont think they are afraid, just not thinking or too stupid to figure out you can keep a road smoother by making it 5 wide vs 1 wide. Like unless it’s keystone. Then it’s 6 wide and 3’ deep whoops for 18km.

Top Bottom