Input needed on UTV purchase

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well back from lake and both dealer's.
A decission is much closer, we are just working out the deal with dealer's.
Ohya i forgot to mention something earlier......Hhhhmmm, it also has to fit in my pickup box. Never realy thought of it till wifey said so. Haha
Its between Razor and Commander, we will see how sharp they can get that pencil probably monday.

I hope they are good choices.

BTW the Okanagan lake was absolutely awsome today, approx 34deg out and 25deg in the water. Jumping off the boat was refreshingly awsome....and no i would not want to be out on any offroad vehicle today.

Rub it in there bud.......

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rzr Xp 900 will not fit in your truck. But it will give you the fun factor your looking for. Great suspention travel and super soft ride! Sadly smaller box means less room for gear (hence the ranger xp900) but if you stack your gear on the rzr and tie it down there's always room lol...or as I did went with the rzr xp900 and pull a trailer for your camping gear, then you can kick it loose and rip it up.
A rzr 800s will fit in your box and provide you with great performance too. Love the rzrs!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The machines i am dealing on are both 800 with the standard trail stance. I honnestly don't need bigger power and being able to put it into the box of a pickup is more important to me then having the wider stance. Plus alot of the trails in the Okanagan are too narrow, made by dirt bikes and ATV's.
Yes i was thinking in the same line, towing a little light weight, high clearance trailer behind it for camping.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go green larry go green curios to see how the new deere does

ya but for my money i'm not willing to experiment with farm equipment. it's a little like buying chinese quads, sxs, just cause there cheap no thanks. better to focus on what has been tried and proven.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rub it in there bud.......

Haha, it was great.....but no boating or spending time on the lake today. KB is working and i got house work to do....yes guy's i do house work haha. Then i got to start getting ready for the campout your skipping out on you bumb, excuses excuses.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought about coming out and renting a cabin or something.

But the holiday to sicamouse in Sept is too close to get the time off also.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tent it, why rent. A few of us are tenting. dc76, Maverick, me and KB. Way cheaper then renting, just throw that Brute in the pickup and go...simple cheap. Every one going is bringing a bike or atv, except me, unless i work out a deal for one.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but tenting and this guy don't mix.

Hard to after having a toy hauler and being spoiled.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but tenting and this guy don't mix.

Hard to after having a toy hauler and being spoiled.

OMG, if i can tent it at 50, you can tent it young man...haha, bad excuse. Try it, betcha you'll like it. Its only a couple of day's not like a week....hahalol

Take it this way, i am leaving my camper at home and tenting because i got to busy with other stuff that i never got it out of storage.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have a tent .....

Granola eaters and greenies tent.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have a tent .....

Granola eaters and greenies tent.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

LOL...i'll buy you one and you can make up for being green from tenting by ripping it up with the Brute..haha

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fixed that for you there Lund.

Haha ya but i dont have it yet, its still a work in progress, no deal yet. I made them both an offer, BRP needs to take my RT on trade...$4000 or no deal, sells guy said $3500 or he needs to talk to higher authorities haha...what ever that means.
Polaris, no trade but i want a slightly better deal, like sweeten the pot by $1000 cause i'm taking alot of other stuff with it. Its an LE nuclearsunset orange model, Only one in show room. Upgraded wheel package, roof and windshield package, fender flare, better seats and head guard netting, winch. Plus Polaris snowplow system. Also considering bush bumpers.
Also gave them $1000 dallors down to make happen, in good faith (refundable if no deal, that was my deal with them or forget it).

Last edited:

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of buddy's have 800s and love them, one friend has a 570 ranger and it packs a s*@t load of stuff but the rzr is a lot sportier. The idea of a trailer is a good one. I have a Canadian tire special...the big plastic green ones that are around $600 but you can get them on sale for less, these work really well and pack a big load with no problems. It just getting the rzr and trailer in a pick up will be the problem....always something.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of buddy's have 800s and love them, one friend has a 570 ranger and it packs a s*@t load of stuff but the rzr is a lot sportier. The idea of a trailer is a good one. I have a Canadian tire special...the big plastic green ones that are around $600 but you can get them on sale for less, these work really well and pack a big load with no problems. It just getting the rzr and trailer in a pick up will be the problem....always something.
Tell me about it, the wife said if we get one of these you have to set it up so we can also take (carry) our 10ft Zodiac and electric motor.....told me that last night..Ohmy, she is a fishergirl.
It doesn't end.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya but for my money i'm not willing to experiment with farm equipment. it's a little like buying chinese quads, sxs, just cause there cheap no thanks. better to focus on what has been tried and proven.
Thats why i want you to try and prove...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it won't be a Can-Am Commander, can't come to a reasonable deal, maybe dealer is too greedy or doesn't need the business but they are nearly $2000 more then Polaris Rzr with similar option's and that is their best. IMO they can keep it. I kinda figured BRP wouldn't do to much, i think their thinking is "we build the best and your going to have to pay", i think you want my business you need to be more flexible.
Waiting on Polaris dealer to confirm the deal we made, will know today.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it won't be a Can-Am Commander, can't come to a reasonable deal, maybe dealer is too greedy or doesn't need the business but they are nearly $2000 more then Polaris Rzr with similar option's and that is their best. IMO they can keep it. I kinda figured BRP wouldn't do to much, i think their thinking is "we build the best and your going to have to pay", i think you want my business you need to be more flexible.
Waiting on Polaris dealer to confirm the deal we made, will know today.
I thought BRP had a pretty good deal on rate now with 2 year x warranty ? My buddy just bought a commander 1000 and said it was same as polaris Rzr with better warranty? P.G sold 5 in to this little town in the last 6 weeks.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$2000 is a decent step but there is no denying the higher build quality of the Commander. That said you can't beat the rzr's 50" wide stance for BC trails.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought BRP had a pretty good deal on rate now with 2 year x warranty ? My buddy just bought a commander 1000 and said it was same as polaris Rzr with better warranty? P.G sold 5 in to this little town in the last 6 weeks.
The deal i needed on this 800 Commander with $2000 of accessories was $14,000 EVEN. $4000 on my trade(they accepted). Final number for me was $10,000 plus tx....CASH
They wanted $12,000.
Sorry but i guess your not wanting to sell.

$2000 is a decent step but there is no denying the higher build quality of the Commander. That said you can't beat the rzr's 50" wide stance for BC trails.
Polaris deal done, 2013 Razor 800LE trail unit.
$12,200 plus $2,000 of accessories, no trade, taking delivery thursday.

I realy don't look at one being better then the other, as in stepping up. I looked at it, as who is going to want to deal and sell their product. BRP wear pant's that are too tight...tobad for them, their loss.

Last edited:
Top Bottom