Had it with unvented gas cans!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill a 9/16" hole right behind the handle, and plug it with a short valve stem. Remove the core, and just close it off with the cap....works like a charm.

Where the hell are you getting valve stems over a half inch in diameter? Can't be for tires! :shrug:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i took a heat gun and put a bend in the spout of the scepter. if i could get the old solid spouts for the wedco cans, they would be ideal containers, otherwise i hate em.

Last edited:

minnow10

Reaction score
You means those Crappy Scepter ones that turn into round balls as soon as they warm up a bit? pretty tired of those cans and I agree they do suck, The do sell the bigger scepter cans that are tall and narrow that are that are vented, they are bigger and maybe a little more akward to pour.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can still get the old vent style from greggs as well, probably more what you all are looking for.

OLD STYLE JERRY CAN
Red.
Part No. 20LOLDSTYLE, 20 litre.
download.jpg

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Princess auto. I've been meaning to pick up a couple of these but i keep finding the crappy one vented through the tubes on the side of the road, plus i'm cheap.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive drilled a hole and used a golf tee... Not perfect but keeps the fumes at bay.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess auto. I've been meaning to pick up a couple of these but i keep finding the crappy one vented through the tubes on the side of the road, plus i'm cheap.
best cans out there now imo ive got 5 or 6 of them for various things

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy those little snap in vent caps for jerry cans. Lots on E-bay but looking local. Any other creative ideas appreciated.

Ordered 100 of these through Ebay today. Need a few, but will sell the rest. I'll post when I get them.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I await your PM.

Got these in and have about 50 left. Don't want to distribute them 1 or 2 at a time as it would be to time consuming. I'm open to ideas and would mail 10 or more. PM me.

Top Bottom