Going to court on Jan 14th 10am!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually no. All 3 trucks are F-350's. Apparently they are the easiest truck to steal and the most popular amoungst the crooks. According to the cops.

The older dodges were just as bad. People who knew what they were doing would get in and start it so fast you'd sware they had the keys. 2 seconds with a screwdriver and it's started. Or 1 minute and you can do it without even damaging the ignition. It is unbelievable how easy they are to steal.

Had 3 of them stolen from my place in a couple of years. The thieves know what they are doing when they put a diesel in neutral and get it out of the driveway ready to go before they start it......

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree that we need to do more with these people, and I see nothing wrong with Mr. Knight's actions. Time served, or fines aren't getting it done. That being said, where is all this property going? I'm sure the thieves aren't keeping it for themselves. Someone is buying this stuff, and in my opinion are just as guilty as the theives. From what I have heard, if you get caught with a stolen item, it is basicly just confiscated and you go on your merry way to go buy another "too good to resist deal".

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wellll.....anxious to hear if society will be made up of criminals with too many liberties, or homeowners who have the right to protect what legally belongs to them.

Richadge

Reaction score
Here is part of the story as reported by the Red Deer Advocate:

Brian Russell Knight, 39, pleaded guilty in Red Deer Court of Queen’s Bench to criminal negligence causing bodily harm for shooting Harold Groening who stole the ATV on March 26, 2009.

Knight will be sentenced May 26 following a pre-sentence report.

Hope the sentencing turns out as good as possible for Brian!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem now is, it is in the hands of the judge, no way to tell at this point.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how come guilty for bodily harm ??? i thought he didnt shoot him ????

I forgot how, but it was mentioned earlier in the thread. Something to do with frost bite and him going to the ER. I think one of the robbers lost his shoe or something while they where escaping.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like knight could get 10 yrs jail time.
will be sentenced may 26/ 2011

groening -thief knight shot got 30 days,
roesenthal- thief got 15 days,
dewald- thief got $400 fine

may be time to make a few phone calls to mla's, justice department etc.

Top Bottom