Revy avy

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Canadian Tours is in Revelstoke.

·
Please read. It is no joke out there right now!
It’s roughly 4pm and one of our tours was headed back towards the Boulder Cabin to start their ride down the mountain. As they pass through Sugar Bowl the guide spots a group of guys all with their probes out. He navigates over to asses the scene to find out that their buddy has been buried and they could not get a proper signal on his beacon. Our guide quickly takes over the scene, locates the subjects signal and get his buddies to start digging to find him unconscious & cyanotic standing up-right roughly 1.5m below the snow. His buddies yank him out of the hole and miraculously when they lied him down he started breathing. Snowmobile seats come in super handy when trying to insulate from the snow. Our guide had a jet boil with him using it to boil water, fill bottles and put those close to the subjects core. @revelstokesearchandrescue showed up within 22 minutes of the call and got the subject into the best care possible.
Our team is super proud of our guide on scene @oliviermeilleur69 - CMBGA Instructor and avalanche forecaster.
-
@cmbga_guides
@AvalancheCanada
@revelstokesearchandrescue
-
#revelstoke #avalanche #sledding #riskassessment #knowbeforeyougo #cyanotic #ast #training #cmbga

Ghfalls

Reaction score
That guide is a real life superhero. Rolls in, finds the guy, tells his buddy to dig. If you’re reading this, well done! Sounds like that crew hadn’t done any formal avy training, or possibly panic got to them. Brink of death. Absolutely amazing, hopefully he’s all right.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard the gentleman was from the pincher creek area good to hear a great recovery instead of the alternative

Reactions: RXN

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully more people hear the story and sign up for some training. Even a little practice with the beacon goes a long ways. Shovelling technique is also important. Glad it turned out the way it did.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Canadian Tours is in Revelstoke.

·
Please read. It is no joke out there right now!
It’s roughly 4pm and one of our tours was headed back towards the Boulder Cabin to start their ride down the mountain. As they pass through Sugar Bowl the guide spots a group of guys all with their probes out. He navigates over to asses the scene to find out that their buddy has been buried and they could not get a proper signal on his beacon. Our guide quickly takes over the scene, locates the subjects signal and get his buddies to start digging to find him unconscious & cyanotic standing up-right roughly 1.5m below the snow. His buddies yank him out of the hole and miraculously when they lied him down he started breathing. Snowmobile seats come in super handy when trying to insulate from the snow. Our guide had a jet boil with him using it to boil water, fill bottles and put those close to the subjects core. @revelstokesearchandrescue showed up within 22 minutes of the call and got the subject into the best care possible.
Our team is super proud of our guide on scene @oliviermeilleur69 - CMBGA Instructor and avalanche forecaster.
-
@cmbga_guides
@AvalancheCanada
@revelstokesearchandrescue
-
#revelstoke #avalanche #sledding #riskassessment #knowbeforeyougo #cyanotic #ast #training #cmbga

Always a blessing they were able to find this fella in time and have a positive outcome with trained people.:)

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard through the grapevine that this was a vertical burial. The group was unable to make a probe strike due to the narrow target, and orientation of the beacon. They decided that the transceiver was defective, and had formed a probe line. Ollie showed up and was able to quickly determine what had gone wrong, and was able to accurately locate him with an effective beacon and probe search. It was nearly 2m off the mark to find him from what I was told.

Truly a great reminder for people to get training, and practice with their gear.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ben was saying someone died on Sale yesterday. Remote triggered.

First of all that’s terrible, I’m interested to know where though. We have rode sale a lot in high Avy conditions as meadows are so flat but it is the mountains and there a few spots(under repeater, cut block, or the bigger couple hills up top).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all that’s terrible, I’m interested to know where though. We have rode sale a lot in high Avy conditions as meadows are so flat but it is the mountains and there a few spots(under repeater, cut block, or the bigger couple hills up top).

I’m not sure where. They were in one drainage and it whumped so bad all the trees shook. Surprised there isn’t an announcement already though.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes Sale Mtn , yesterday

Top Bottom