Going to court on Jan 14th 10am!

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree mr knight went a little too far.
but i'll also say that i would have done everything he did except for the shootting.
i'd of chased him down in the feild and gave him a good ole fashiond, down home beating then handed him over to the cops.
but then some people would say i want to far too. what do they expect us to do? go hug a tree and pray the lord brings the item back.(bike in this case) if you report it to the police, thats what you might as well do, cuz you'll get the same out come... nothing and a fue chips on your shoulder

i agree we should bring back the death penalty for the mayjor crimes obviously theift isn't one of them but i like the idea of if you get cought stealing; the victom gets to steal(chop off)their hand. it would only take getting cought twice and they would never steel again!!!!!

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Luck Brian, hope that things work out for you and the family. Its tough to see some one you know go through something likes this, all by trying to protect his property, and family.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they were well within thier rights, the only objection I have with the Knight case is the shooting them as they tried to run away....

He fired one off in the air, to scare him. Was NOT aimming at the thief. And it was "one" not them.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I believe they were well within thier rights, the only objection I have with the Knight case is the shooting them as they tried to run away....

He fired one off in the air, to scare him. Was NOT aimming at the thief. And it was "one" not them.

If that is the case then I hope the courts find he was 100% within his rights.

If it is found that he shot AT the suspect then maybe a non-felony weapons charge but no time served.... I understand the heat of the moment and do not know how I personally would react...

I do believe everyone has the right to protect what is thiers and ensure the safety of thier family...

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

over kill i have a question did he "shot the guy" "shot AT the guy" or just shot into the grund/air becasue this is a quote from the article i read and im confused???

"""Which brings me to Brian Knight, the 38-year-old central Alberta farmer who was charged by police Friday for vigorously defending his property. Police claim Knight witnessed his 4x4 all-terrain vehicle being stolen from his property far from any police station. He chased the thief off his land, rammed him into a ditch, shot him as he tried to escape and organized a posse to track him down and bring him in to police. """ edmonton jurnal

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
over kill i have a question did he "shot the guy" "shot AT the guy" or just shot into the grund/air becasue this is a quote from the article i read and im confused???

"""Which brings me to Brian Knight, the 38-year-old central Alberta farmer who was charged by police Friday for vigorously defending his property. Police claim Knight witnessed his 4x4 all-terrain vehicle being stolen from his property far from any police station. He chased the thief off his land, rammed him into a ditch, shot him as he tried to escape and organized a posse to track him down and bring him in to police. """ edmonton jurnal

Fired one off in the air. He was not aimming at the theif!

Papers make it sound like he shot him dead in the back....not the truth. The main reason the clown went to emerg is due to weather exsposer..lost his shoes in the snow!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
that kinda changes it dresticly than

i thought he shot the guy in the back !

shooting in the air to scare them isnt a big deal

and im standing behind him now and hope itll have a good outcome for him

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree fossy i mistook the situation as well thanks to the dam papers. thanks for clearing it up overkill. i hope brian wins in court honestly if he's found guilty albertas screwed as we'll all have no right to defend ourselves. i hope they throw the book at the theives make an example of them as this story has national if not international coverage.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend had his work truck stolen right out of his yard. He goes outside and sees the truck leaving, with him not driving. He goes and calls the cops. Cops say it will be an hour before they get there so he figures, well I guess I'll go back to bed. While later, he goes to answer the door and notices that his other ( personal ) truck has also been stolen. That's two in the same morning !

So this poor guy is really upset because you see, last year he had his truck stolen. So after insurance paid him out for the first truck, he bought a new one. Only trouble is that insurance did not pay all he owed. So he has the difference added to his loan. They eventually found the frame of his truck but nothing else.

So now, his truck is stolen and beat to crap. Not a write off apparently but really took a beating. And since it was recovered, they will only pay for repairs, IF it gets written off, rumor is they will not pay replacement value as the truck was deemed vandilized. So if he buys a new one again, he is out like 20k of his own cash through no fault of his own !

Long story I know and I hope I got it right.

Insurance companies are in buisiness to make money. Plain and simple, not to pay you out when you need it.

We need to start protecting our property, belongings and families with those two famous friends .... SMITH AND WESSON !

:tearhairout:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree fossy i mistook the situation as well thanks to the dam papers. thanks for clearing it up overkill. i hope brian wins in court honestly if he's found guilty albertas screwed as we'll all have no right to defend ourselves. i hope they throw the book at the theives make an example of them as this story has national if not international coverage.

i think they may have only thrown a book at the boys, got off with time served waiting for court appearance if i remember right. must have been a big bad book eh. maybe they are in the bad books:d.
all the guys on here spewing on about insurance have never tried to collect i'm thinking, may have a wakeup call coming.

friggin legal system.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is best not to mess with thiefs, if they are doing it to support a drug habit they are totally out of control with no morals at all, and usually tough as nails and filled full of the best pain killer known. Fighting for thier lives is nothing new to them.

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck Brian Knight! May the judge see some sense and release the man back to his family.
He should of shot those thieves dead and put a gun in their hands.
Brian should have got a warning about the gun at most.
to the thieves... you wanna hear the music, ya gotta pay the band.
and may the fleas from a thousand camels infest the crotches of the judiciary who side with criminals:p

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
I agree we should be able to protect ourselves and our property with firearms if necessary.
However with the the instability of the modern man the death rate would be extreme. IMHO

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh.. Thief takes advantage of Canada's corrupt criminal code of conduct and uses it against his victim... Looks like Canada has promoting "Law abiding criminals" :paddle:

We've had welding trucks broken into multiple times (both times busted by the fuzz) and ones me and my father chased a another low life who thought his trash belonged on our drive way. Needless to say, he didn't want us to know who he was, we followed him at 140KM/h down a dirt road.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend had his work truck stolen right out of his yard. He goes outside and sees the truck leaving, with him not driving. He goes and calls the cops. Cops say it will be an hour before they get there so he figures, well I guess I'll go back to bed. While later, he goes to answer the door and notices that his other ( personal ) truck has also been stolen. That's two in the same morning !

So this poor guy is really upset because you see, last year he had his truck stolen. So after insurance paid him out for the first truck, he bought a new one. Only trouble is that insurance did not pay all he owed. So he has the difference added to his loan. They eventually found the frame of his truck but nothing else.

So now, his truck is stolen and beat to crap. Not a write off apparently but really took a beating. And since it was recovered, they will only pay for repairs, IF it gets written off, rumor is they will not pay replacement value as the truck was deemed vandilized. So if he buys a new one again, he is out like 20k of his own cash through no fault of his own !

Long story I know and I hope I got it right.

Insurance companies are in buisiness to make money. Plain and simple, not to pay you out when you need it.

We need to start protecting our property, belongings and families with those two famous friends .... SMITH AND WESSON !

:tearhairout:
Sounds like dude keeps his keys in the ignition.

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
I wish the best for Mr. Knight and his family. Over a year ago we had a huge operation roll through swift with a semi trailer and stole 3 new Rhino's from us, 3 new Grizzly's, 1 King Quad, and 2 YZ's from the dealership in one night. Months later police called to say they found one of the ATV's in a huge barn in BC with over 70 other stolen powersports units. They informed me the man would be going to court and be charged. A few months after the local RCMP officer who investigated our case stopped by the dealership to personally tell us that the man got 3 months in prison like it was a great accomplishment by the justic system for getting this guy!!!! 3 months???? he was a repeat offender that had a history of stealing this stuff!?!?!?!? Unbelievable...

Go Canada Go........NOT!!!! Geez!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would call that not much of a deterrent, 3 months is in a detention centre i think, club med.

Last edited:

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like dude keeps his keys in the ignition.

Actually no. All 3 trucks are F-350's. Apparently they are the easiest truck to steal and the most popular amoungst the crooks. According to the cops.

Top Bottom