Feeling Confused

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well back on topic: Well capper did you get the call? Or is Hester gonna buy your Commander out of a storage yard sale...?
That`s a 22,300 bill all day long............Did brp call you or was it just a ploy by the second dealer to fawk up his loading ramps..??
Did BRP take the dirty dealer and leave him stranded with a broken trans out in Mclean ,just to make a point...???

This is serious chit,we want anwers..............

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is an update for you all. Yes we did get a call from BRP and we got to pick up our machine that same nite. Got a lot of strange looks from the people at the dealer. Maybe they thought we would not take this this far and get any results. BRP said they were very sorry and had no idea that this was how we were treaded.
For those of you who want more clarification:

As for A&E racing, they were covering the fact that they did nothing on the first service what so ever. They did not even fill it up full of oil, coolent,did not adjust anything required for the 1st service. These are items that are typical for 1st service on any make or model of a side by side or quad.When we brought the broken quad to them, we did not fight, we even paid them for taking the whole quad apart to see what was happening. The owners accused us of a lot of things and said that we should never have taken this machine off roading because it was not meant for that and wanted us to pay more to take more stuff apart. My wife refused and we very nicely went and paid the 200 bucks they said we owed them for trying to figure this out. Took the quad home and had to come up with another way to get it fixed. A nice friend mentioned that he knew a dealer that had great service record and to take it there. That is how we got to the other dealer- Bow Cycle and how we found out a few things that were not done. Dont get us wrong, we were happy that the 2nd dealer helped us out but it was everything else that happend after that triggered this post. For those of you who think english is my second language, screw you, really. I need it help, had a few to somehow deal with this whole thing. No sleep and buzz dont really make anyone a good english spelling professor. Wait until you go thru something like this, and see how you will feel when others will make fun of you. Things were mis-spelled here because we thought we might get sued for posting this. Again we were always Told to relax and not to talk about it. Who here wants to wait 6 months for their machine while being asked Lets go riding/driving by freinds and having kids ask where it is and you have to remind them that Last two outings it BROKE DOWN. I hope this clearifies things
My wifeand I would like to thank those of you who gave us great suggestions and because of you I was able to get this finally settled.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
​yuuuuuuup
Well back on topic: Well capper did you get the call? Or is Hester gonna buy your Commander out of a storage yard sale...?
That`s a 22,300 bill all day long............Did brp call you or was it just a ploy by the second dealer to fawk up his loading ramps..??
Did BRP take the dirty dealer and leave him stranded with a broken trans out in Mclean ,just to make a point...???

This is serious chit,we want anwers..............

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the first service is after 10 hrs? that is alot of running, u check fluids in that time? anyway looks like you got it fixed. best to look after it some yourself.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the first service is after 10 hrs? that is alot of running, u check fluids in that time? anyway looks like you got it fixed. best to look after it some yourself.
they say to bring it in after ten hours for the first service, if you don't your warranty can be compromised. I have seen that people are charged anywhere from $200-500 for this 10 hour deal, and some dealers throw it in for free. I just went to the dealer and asked what was required and did it myself with their blessing. they want you to change oil in engine and trans, drain and replace diff oils, remove belt cover and inspect belt and clutches, remove intake filter and check, remove belt intake screen and clean, and check valves for proper clearance. it cost me under $100 for all the oil and filter, and about 2-3hrs to do it all. should go a lot quicker now that I know what to take apart and how.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they say to bring it in after ten hours for the first service, if you don't your warranty can be compromised. I have seen that people are charged anywhere from $200-500 for this 10 hour deal, and some dealers throw it in for free. I just went to the dealer and asked what was required and did it myself with their blessing. they want you to change oil in engine and trans, drain and replace diff oils, remove belt cover and inspect belt and clutches, remove intake filter and check, remove belt intake screen and clean, and check valves for proper clearance. it cost me under $100 for all the oil and filter, and about 2-3hrs to do it all. should go a lot quicker now that I know what to take apart and how.

i have seen some of the check sheets, really no way of knowing if anything had been done, same at the oil change places bubba is checking things off and not even looking. fill the windshield washer container my azz.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guessing tranny 45 minutes into a test ride lost forward and reserve and had another 3hr tow back. Roughly 1o km

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any chance my frame could be out of line dew to lots of loading unloading with fork lift at dealers

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but they just put in variator cover,protection mat,clutch cam,screw,shiftcable...Could this secondary clutch bolt that came loose last time done it again

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wait a minute.. you say secondary clutch bolt that came loose first time? if that is right...what does that have to do with your tranny?
thats your clutch.....

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Kwik but to me clutch is a part of the tranny

ok, thats cool, no worries then, just as long as you know thats not the tranny being fixed... sort of the same thing but not really...but ...
glad it all got worked out for ya.. man o man, i do feel for ya when you guys got stuck out there with the kids thou.. thats not a nice feeling

also that bolt should not come loose when torqed to proper specs.. someone did not install it correctly the first time, i would imagine..
hard to say why it came loose thou.. the dealer should investagate and let you know why... but if a mistake was made, then sometimes the person making it
trys to shutup about it, hopefully no one catches him that he did it wrong... just a thought...

Last edited:

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that it was my fault by the dearship boss. He called it Driver abuse.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favorite part of the story is where he said his wife had to hike to go get help! My wife would my me hike for help. I would make my wife stay with the kids as I went for help! Are you staying in hi gear when trail riding? Try staying I low on trails maybe your will have less tranny trouble.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the wife was so pissed she needed some time away from the machine and thought it best not to lose it in front of the kids. Neilsledder she asks (Has your wife ever said or told you FINE! She says thanks for the vote of confidence, and don t P Off Mama Bear.) I m just a messenger, aren t you gald I waited until she calmed down after reading your male glorifing post. By the way if someone could kindly let Teeroy know these break downs were a result of bolts being Over torqued as BRP has informed me. AS usuall Im waiting on parts.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell that pos and buy a Yamaha. Brp is junk. Sleds, quads. All junk. Go Japanese and you will be happy happy happy!!

Top Bottom