Feeling Confused

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I will speak and spell proper english but what can a lawyer really do? Pls explain what the good of a lawyer would be? I have been losing my mind for months on thing, sorry one and all.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
OK I will speak and spell proper english but what can a lawyer really do? Pls explain what the good of a lawyer would be? I have been losing my mind for months on thing, sorry one and all.

a warranty is a legal obligation, if they are not upholding their end of the legal contract the lawyer will take care of it. It's worth a call for sure!

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won t it be one loop-whole fighting another loop-whole, coming down to nothing being resolved. My guess at this point is take another dealer. well what dealer would shoot another dealer down that sell the same product.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My "gut" tells me there is a lot more to this story than what we are being told her,here goes anyways.....

If you have a Legal warranty with BRP & your dealer; the lawyer will ask why they have not fulfilled thier obligations to you.
Why you are being charged storage and is that legal to do so. Check if the dealer is in good standing with BRP as well as among others...Follow up on any service bulletins that may or may not have been required. Document the paperwork that you have been provided.Make your dealer aware that should they and/or BRP be at fault in a court of law,they will incur the associated legal costs.

If you feel that you have been wronged and the other parties have not lived up to the agreement of warranty,then WHY would you not consider legal action if all other resources have fallen short.......That is the question !!!

Wemac

Reaction score
A dealer where a friend of mine bought his Can Am fought him on warranty work. They even ignored the service bulletin he mentioned to them that needed to be done. He took it to another dealer and they took care of him on the bulletin. I am not saying this is the solution for this case but it helped.

Wemac

Reaction score
The owner of a dealer North of me used to sell BRP products. He told me straight up that BRP is terrible to deal with. They didn't want to pay up on warranty work. He took care of his customers and dealt with BRP after. Not many places would do that. He no longer sells them because of the hassle.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well who ever told me to keep calling BRP you rule. Finally got a phone call back from them. They told me that they were very sorry about everthing. That they would pay the bill. OK great what I was thinking and talk with this person whom we arranged payment with and pick up your machine. Here is and extra six months of warranty for your troubles. Too good to be true. Called person at the dealer and confirmed everything that BRP told us. Yup its all paid for. Wait so and so is gone for lunch and they mentioned something about storage fee being added to your machine. Really I cant believe it. Call BRP direct line and they couldn t believe it either. I get to wait for a phone call in the morning.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well who ever told me to keep calling BRP you rule. Finally got a phone call back from them. They told me that they were very sorry about everthing. That they would pay the bill. OK great what I was thinking and talk with this person whom we arranged payment with and pick up your machine. Here is and extra six months of warranty for your troubles. Too good to be true. Called person at the dealer and confirmed everything that BRP told us. Yup its all paid for. Wait so and so is gone for lunch and they mentioned something about storage fee being added to your machine. Really I cant believe it. Call BRP direct line and they couldn t believe it either. I get to wait for a phone call in the morning.

persistance pays off, you just have to talk to the right people.

I'd also suggest once you get your machine out of that dealership you right a letter to BRP and to the Management of that dealership in regards to your displeasure.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear you are getting taken care of, I'm sure the storage bill will disappear as well. this is why this site is awesome, there are always people willing to help.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The unthinkable has happend. Got a phone call from the dealer to please pick up our machine by the end of the day. The looks I got from the staff said it all, they were in total disbelieve of what I was able to accomplish. Tylerg you are soo right! Keep climing the ladder until you talk to the right people and make sure you r perssistant at it. The phone call came from the higher end of BRP. Things learned were many. Thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The unthinkable has happend. Got a phone call from the dealer to please pick up our machine by the end of the day. The looks I got from the staff said it all, they were in total disbelieve of what I was able to accomplish. Tylerg you are soo right! Keep climing the ladder until you talk to the right people and make sure you r perssistant at it. The phone call came from the higher end of BRP. Things learned were many. Thanks
one thing you gotta learn from this is to stand up for yourself man. when they try to feed you sh!t, throw it back in their face. this is your hard earned money, too many dealers try and successfully get away with this kind of stuff. they work for us, the consumer. when they do us wrong, it's up to us to do whatever it takes to make them do right. the squeaky wheel gets the grease....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and post up the name of this dealer, it's the least you can do for the help you received from the fine members of this forum. don't let someone else have to go through this kind of ordeal...

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hells Bells you want it you got it TEEroy, it started at A&E racing in Brooks where we bought our unit. XT1000 with half windsheild,rear cage, rear seat, two 4 point harnesses for the kids and a Marlon 8ft truck deck. the first service i got to pay for and how much of it was actually done not sure. Motor blew 10hrs later. picked it up in pieces took it to Bow Cycle south wear the journey of waiting on parts began. and ended. Motor rebuilt finally go out to Mclean for motor break in tranny drops. This was the first ride teeroy. Climbinng the BRP ladder and keeping a lid on my temper was the best thing I did. Bought it March motor blew Sept long weekend attempted a ride tranny dropped and been fighting with Bow since. Countless sleepless nites etc...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hells Bells you want it you got it TEEroy, it started at A&E racing in Brooks where we bought our unit. XT1000 with half windsheild,rear cage, rear seat, two 4 point harnesses for the kids and a Marlon 8ft truck deck. the first service i got to pay for and how much of it was actually done not sure. Motor blew 10hrs later. picked it up in pieces took it to Bow Cycle south wear the journey of waiting on parts began. and ended. Motor rebuilt finally go out to Mclean for motor break in tranny drops. This was the first ride teeroy. Climbinng the BRP ladder and keeping a lid on my temper was the best thing I did. Bought it March motor blew Sept long weekend attempted a ride tranny dropped and been fighting with Bow since. Countless sleepless nites etc...
trying to follow your post, you picked it up in pieces from A&E in brooks and took it to Bow Cycle?

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like u say would u want this to happen to u??? for those that say dump it/sell it, would anyone want it?Or be broke down on a trail

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like you dropped about 30K at A&E....you would think they would bend over backwards for you

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like u say would u want this to happen to u??? for those that say dump it/sell it, would anyone want it?Or be broke down on a trail
I don't know why you would dump it now, brand new motor, brand new tranny....you have a new machine and still under warranty.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup A&E towed it to the loading ramp in pieces no help to load on the truck. Battery lasted almost half way up the ramp. next customer needing the ramp was the ONLY help we got at A&E racing

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup A&E towed it to the loading ramp in pieces no help to load on the truck. Battery lasted almost half way up the ramp. next customer needing the ramp was the ONLY help we got at A&E racing
why wouldn't A&E fix the motor?

Top Bottom