Feeling Confused

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What to do?? We have a commander XT1000 which was put together wrong by BRP. 1st service done wrong, we still paid the bill. Then the engine blew up and was re-built. Took forever to get it sorter out. A day after we picked it up from the shop, took it for a ride and were stranded in the middle of now where with 2 small kids and no help. Wife had to hike 1\2 hour to find help. Once help arrived in the shape of 2 quads, suzuki king and a mud pro 700(i think) it took them over 2 hours to tows us up a hill. From there a polaris range guy came by and took over because the others were over heating and batteries died on the winch. Total over 3 hours to get out of Mclane creek trails. Took it back to the shop and a job that was suppose to be 1\2 ended up to be 8 -10 hours( rough guess). No one bothered to call and tell us of this fantastic change and we got stuck paying more than half of it. Parts were supplied by BRP but no cover for labour and time. So now they want us to get it out of their lot because they are storing stuff for 2 shops and have no room to hold our until its fully paid for. On top of it all the kids told us that this is the worse quad ever!! They are 6 and 3. Can't really take them for a ride because we no longer trust this machine. What do we do now? Any suggestions?? We don't want to have another family go thru this tramautic experience that we have gone thru twice yet we are still stuck with the quad and big bills!!! We gave BRP and their dealers the benefit of the doubt by not showing up at the Calgary motorcycle show last weekend but maybe we should start something?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds fishy...brp warrantied the parts but refused labour to install them? somebody is yanking your chain, have you tried to contact BRP directly?

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes and they said too dab too sad it was a part to be replace by the dealer in 2010 or 2011 and we bouht it 2012. That did not matter to them. Carp man you r on the bal, thanks

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as asked by brp dealer we kept our mouths shut since setpember. This vechicle has been in the shop more then at home and stranded a 3 and 6 yr old twice. we really need hepl, we don't make nfl paychecks. R brp-can am productsa worth it. Cost us more in 6 months to own this the 6 yrs of owening a yamaha grizzly 606 worried about law suits if we decide to do anythign. HELP needed it, what to do?

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ride was roughly 35 mins with our kids 3 and 6. When was the last time you were strandded with lids that told you this is the worst ride ever. Right now we are aslo paying storage fees on top of the repir bill

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you were asked to keep your mouth shut? how's that working out for you....not good, it appears. I would be telling anyone that would listen, including any BRP rep or service agent.

Wemac

Reaction score
What is the reason that they wanted you to keep your mouth shut? My buddy just had his engine swapped out as the water pump failed and caused the engine failure. As far as BRP telling you too bad on covering the whole cost, that is no good. If it was under warranty then why wouldn't they cover it? Take that Commander back to the dealer and trade it off on a Yamaha Rhino. As far as reliability goes you will be way better off.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like BS has to be more to this than that, paying storage also is BS, need way more info here!!! to comment further

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apperantly we r the only owners of a can ham commandre tx 1000 for and engine to blow. we bought this thing in roughly March , its been at a BRP dealer sfrom Sept after the long weekend to Dec there abouts WAITING for PARTS on first ride after rebuild short ride on the trails of Mclean creek tranny goes. FISHY u think?? At the dealer told once AGAIN it will be O K So back relax it will work out and should b simply and BRP will cover it aall minus the half charge. The usual call to the dealer so how r we making out? oh waiting on prats. From out of the blue Dealer calls customer Hey ur machien is ready, but it will be XXX$$$. Me what it was half hour shop[ fee! No boss says no. Basically pay us if u want ur cmommander back

PainForMud

Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting screwed over by the retailer... but have you thoroughly read your warranty to make sure that all the work you are requiring is covered under warranty im not sure how it really all works... but if he is trying to say you have to pay said amount talk to upper management and find out what the reason is for it not being covered under warranty all utility quads should in theory come with some good warranty's at least for the first year. but quading and riding period is not a cheap venture..

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting screwed over by the retailer... but have you thoroughly read your warranty to make sure that all the work you are requiring is covered under warranty im not sure how it really all works... but if he is trying to say you have to pay said amount talk to upper management and find out what the reason is for it not being covered under warranty all utility quads should in theory come with some good warranty's at least for the first year. but quading and riding period is not a cheap venture..
Give him two choices,you pick it up or you have your lawyer arange to have it picked up........thier choice.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought it with the full 3yr warranty, a class leader?? we were told. Now I took,the advice and called BRP H Q , gave them LOTS of info, they said that surprize surprize That they would NOT be as polite and calm as I was to them. Will this get me any farther ahead?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought it with the full 3yr warranty, a class leader?? we were told. Now I took,the advice and called BRP H Q , gave them LOTS of info, they said that surprize surprize That they would NOT be as polite and calm as I was to them. Will this get me any farther ahead?
they would not be as polite and calm to who....you or the dealer? your posting is very hard to follow sir, I would hope contacting them will get you farther ahead as it sounds like your dealer has been less than perfect in your situation. you should check out commanderforums.org, there has been a few guys with the same issues with transmissions blowing up and some that were less than impressed with their dealer's service. there are lots of posts on how some issues with dealers have been resolved, you may be able to pick up a few pointers on what to say to get yours resolved. worth a try.

PainForMud

Reaction score
so what your saying is there being negligent towards your 3 year warranty is it a manufacturer warranty or is it through the retailer cuz maybe you do have a warranty but its threw can am and not BRP? im not sure why they would neglect to help people these days i tell you!

Top Bottom