famous people

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr O (bert olmstead) 4 stanley cups with montreal and 1 with toronto if i remember right.A good friend of my dad and meet him lots when young.This is good i was sledding down in fernie and parked waitting for colin to come back and was parked bye this big trailer from septure sask and when they got inn i ask if the want a cool one so they did i ask u from septure sask ya i say u kn
ow bert o oh ya he still knowing there very cool...:d

I went to school with jan ardon for 11 years.

I meet vince gills`s x and sister (sweethearts`s of the rodeo) old country singer`s. Pulled them out of ditch bye viginra hills on hwy 43 west of white court.

Mr George fox

Mr Loyld Gallarger climbed mnt everest . I took my avie trainning throu him and other`s at kananaskis country.

I guess I can add Bert to my list too. Did you know that he could've went into the MLB or NHL. I lived 2 miles outside of Sceptre when I was young and then moved 10 kms. North to Prelate until I was 18. I'm sure I know the guys you met sledding and am not surprised that they didn't turn down a free beer.

Bert came to our ball windup when we were young and went undefeated the whole season, we all tryed on his ring and were in awe of this famous person who had Stanley cup rings, he was into his sixties I'd say so we really didn't know who he was, but we were sure impressed.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna get chit on for this. I honestly worked with Dustin Hoffman for 15 years, in the Drywall industry in Edmonton. Not the actor......Just a guy named Dustin Hoffman, his wife Tanya, and two kids.

:beer::beer::d:d
you are a D C R S . and a fibber . you had me going there my friend . good on ya ............ i should of known bs when i first read this , sometime's we rednecks .just never learn?????????:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
27572d1234665383-09-heritage-big-radius-big-sucker-fuelpak-help-this-thread-is-useless-without-pichers.jpg

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Met Victor Wooten at calgary folk fest last year. Shook the hand of one of thebest bass players living today. It was cool.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was an old country guy named Jim Stafford back in the day. I had to play my fiddle in the Calgary Stampede Grandstand show with him every night for 10 days.
ya.......... ended up not being his biggest fan after that.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was an old country guy named Jim Stafford back in the day. I had to play my fiddle in the Calgary Stampede Grandstand show with him every night for 10 days.
ya.......... ended up not being his biggest fan after that.

you mean , my girl bill ( the song )......... jim stafford ?????

rounder

Reaction score
partied at mike green's house 3 weeks ago. he bought a 1.9 million house on chestermere lake and a nice new fancy orange and black MB boat. his first ride with it the boat crapped out in the middle of the lake so my buddies helped him out. that night he had a huge house warming all the booze you could drink and food you could eat. super nice guy. grew up with bryan mcCabe since we were 8. went to his place in van when he lived with messier. had a wicked roof top party with all the canucks. went to school with jason smith my brother was good buddies with him. asked alyissa milano out on a date when we were about 17 or so. she politely declined. game six of calgary vs vancouver in 2004 sat beside rocco romano and his wife. game went into tripple overtime he bought me and my 3 buddies beer all game. i wore his grey cup ring on my thumb and could spin it around without a problem.met carmine gotti in vegas. he is my buddies neighbor there. my ex's uncle is on the board of directors for the CFL and eskimos. when they won grey cup MANY YEARS AGO lol he brought the cup to my house and put it on the coffee table. man was i in awe of that thing

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im curious , what did'nt you like about SM

It was all very show bizzy and stuff. He was a star, we were the supporting cast, so I guess it was all to be expected. He was supposed to sign an autograph for me, but was swept away by some pretty pretty girls. I was just a young kid so my feelers were hurt. His fiddle player Steve was awesome though. Took time between shows to play catch with a football with me and help me tune my fiddle. When I was sick and in the infirmary he came by to see how I was before we had to go on stage.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
This Guy.....

At least SBR has pics to back up his claims!!!!! :d:d

I only met Oilers at Davids on Argyll and two years ago sat behind Paula Abdul coming home from Vegas but was too shy to talk to her (wife was also sitting beside me) lol. no pics :(

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Seems like the right thing to do.
Got a few others as well.
Will keep looking.
At least SBR has pics to back up his claims!!!!! :d:d

I only met Oilers at Davids on Argyll and two years ago sat behind Paula Abdul coming home from Vegas but was too shy to talk to her (wife was also sitting beside me) lol. no pics :(

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I can add Bert to my list too. Did you know that he could've went into the MLB or NHL. I lived 2 miles outside of Sceptre when I was young and then moved 10 kms. North to Prelate until I was 18. I'm sure I know the guys you met sledding and am not surprised that they didn't turn down a free beer.

Bert came to our ball windup when we were young and went undefeated the whole season, we all tryed on his ring and were in awe of this famous person who had Stanley cup rings, he was into his sixties I'd say so we really didn't know who he was, but we were sure impressed.

I am sure mr O could have played any sport he is a big man,Makes me think about his boy deniss what sport he played? I wonder if dad ever got him on a sled? The guys from septure owned the autobody shop if ya need repairs that`s the place.
ALL in all just witch i could have meet ALL my forefather`s that come to calgay (1883) I AM ALBERTIAN>

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure mr O could have played any sport he is a big man,Makes me think about his boy deniss what sport he played? I wonder if dad ever got him on a sled? The guys from septure owned the autobody shop if ya need repairs that`s the place.
ALL in all just witch i could have meet ALL my forefather`s that come to calgay (1883) I AM ALBERTIAN>

Yes those are the guys I figured, I've had my vehicles in there many times before. Cuddy(the owner) always goes out of his way to take care of me.
I used to work with his brother, Wimpy, who I am sure would've been one of the other guys riding with him.:beer:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ACTUALLY I TOO PARTIED WITH MANY OF THE OILERS AT GLEN ANDERSON'S OLD PAD..... AFTER THE 2ND OILER'S STANLEY CUP... HE WAS GOOD FRIENDS WITH ONE OF MY OLD HOCKEY BUDDIES.

WE ALSO ONCE PLAYED HOCKEY WITH GRANT FUHR AND MARK MESSIER AND A FEW OTHER JUNIORS BETWEEN JUNIOR GAMES ON THE FUHR FARMS POND

ALSO MET AND HAD DINNER WITH LAWRENCE WELK(WHEN I WAS A KID), AS MY DAD WAS A VERY GOOD PIANIST/ORGANIST AND PLAYED MANY SPECIAL APPEARANCES, INCLUDING ON RADIO AND TV SHOWS. ALSO MET DON MESSER, GLEN CAMPBELL, AND MANY OTHERS......

GOLFED BEHIND GLEN SATHER AT WOLF CREEK ONCE, AND HE AND HIS PARTY KINDA HELD US UP A FEW TIMES, BUT HE BOUGHT US DRINKS SEVERAL TIMES DURING THE ROUND, THEN BOUGHT US DINNER IN THE CLUB HOUSE AFTERWARDS.....

ALSO WORKED ON SCOTTY "THE BULLDOG" OLSONS CAR A FEW TIMES(MAN IS HE SHORT), AND WORKED ON SEVERAL NHL PLAYERS VEHICLES, AND MET MANY FAMOUS NHRA RACERS BACK IN THE DAYS OF SERIOUS RACING, AND EVEN WORKED AT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY WITH "240" GORDIE BONIN....
:d:d:d:d:d:d

partied at his pad wasnt he gay not implying anything just saying

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
met most of the dallas stars in the late 90's when i was going to college down there and playing hockey with their management! also got to party with the tragically hip when they did a small show in dallas!

Top Bottom