Anyone from Cochrane, Ab?

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a letter in the mail from someone in Cochrane, Ab looking for some registration information on a snowmobile I sold, at least 5-8 years ago. They got my name from ICBC as the last registered owner, but who knows how many times its been bought/sold since. The issue is, they sent zero information other than their name, address and a small letter asking for me to provide a bunch of information. No phone number, no email, no idea what sled, nothing. So, I'm not going to do anything about it, but I feel for people. If someone lives in Cochrane and wouldn't mind stopping at their house to get a phone number, PM me.

Thanks

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kind of Sounds like a scam. If they wanted the info so bad they would have left a number to call IMO.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I can send another snail mail letter back asking for a phone number, but small town you never know. Address is on West Pointe Manor. Might be a scam but they got my info from ICBC and they sent me a Tax transfer form, so....
Also, thought maybe a small possibility they are on this site and might see it. Save me typing up a letter and going to a post office. I don't mind wasting some time, but sending basic contact info seemed pretty standard, so a little perturbed.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder if someone got hurt on the sled and is inquiring who may have done some modifications, maybe looking to sue, he who did? i would e-mail back with a few questions as to why he is looking for information, and what this is about? not sure i'd touvh it with a 10ft pole!

Last edited:

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't bother. Probably just somebody with a blown up engine that bought it from a curber saying it just had a new one, blah, blah blah.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why you keep all of your bills of sale to prove you sold it to someone else.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why you keep all of your bills of sale to prove you sold it to someone else.

Father in law sold a cheap car. While later gets a call from the cops to come get it from the impound. He said he sold it they didn’t care as he was the last registered owner. He never had a bill of sale to prove it wasn’t his. So he went down there paid the fee brought it him and sold it again. Kept the bill of sale the second time lol

Top Bottom