famous people

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Ok I guess I met someone more famous than booger....my buddys parents cabin was next door to Wendel Clark's parents cabin we hung with him a few times in the summer when he played for the Saskatoon blades then a couple times when he went on to play for the Maple leafs.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ricky Rudd, Michael Waltrip, Ray Everham, Bobby Labonte, Greg Biffle, and had an really cool discussion with Ryan Newman on pit road at Phoenix International Raceway two years ago at the spring race. Have a pic or me and Waltrip but can't find it in the files.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i meet Johnney Western in Austria this summer .... he played with Johney cash for 40 years .... he was the only one that i could talk too ...

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
met jack palance a few years ago and ron hextall was a neighbor in brandon
met lanny macdonald down at the dome as well as many other flames

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked with Dustin Hoffman for about 15 years. Then I moved away, but I still see him about twice a year.

ok Q T you can't just leave us hanging like this . tell us a story , how did you meet him , what kind of work did you do , what kind of work do you do now
:confused:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summer of '99 was working for a local carpenter back in Manitoba when the rig wasn't working. Drank a whole lotta beer with Pat Falloon, built a deck for Scott Chartier.

Would like to go Alaskan moose hunting w/ Jim Shockey but $18000 is a little pricey to shoot a swamp donkey.

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summer of '99 was working for a local carpenter back in Manitoba when the rig wasn't working. Drank a whole lotta beer with Pat Falloon, built a deck for Scott Chartier.

Would like to go Alaskan moose hunting w/ Jim Shockey but $18000 is a little pricey to shoot a swamp donkey.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I have a few friends that guided and hunted with Jim Shockey. They all say he is one of the biggest AZZ holes in the business. I'v never met him so I can't give my opinion but I trust the guys telling me this. ??? The guys all worked/hunted with him at different times and places so I am thinking it is not a personal problem with just one guy. I watch him on Wild TV all the time and try to stay objective but I seen him treat a hunter like chit one time, and I thought if I ever paid someone to guide me and they talked to me like that, it would not go as well as the guy on that episode took it.
Oh well, 18 000 for a moose hunt that is a ton of money. I would love to hunt one of those big Alaskan Moose, what a blast that would be.

Anyways I met Kevin Martin right before he went to the Olympics in 2002, I think. And I also had a few too many drinks with Wendel Clark in Shaunavon, Sask. when they hosted Hockey Day in Canada a few years ago. He was the quite the guy.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The most famous guy I ever met was Richard Dean Anderson (Macgyver) when i was a kid

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I met Wayne Gretzky in San Diego, got a pic Ill scan it and get it on here,hes was nice to talk to,Met Tanya Tucker,she was hot and very friendly so I bought her roses which she accepted with a big smile,and last was Bill Elliot,very nice and personable.Partied with the Head Pins once,dont remember to much after the booze and many bong hits though.:p

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of years ago in the Ottawa airport I went to take a whizz. Go up to the urinal and look over, there's Don Cherry. Give him the nod, like you do and proceeded with my bisiness. While he's still pissing, a guy walks up and taps Cherry on the shoulder and asks him for his autograph. Don looks at me and just shakes his head. Mind if I finish first? He says. Washed up and gave the guy his autograph.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ACTUALLY I TOO PARTIED WITH MANY OF THE OILERS AT GLEN ANDERSON'S OLD PAD..... AFTER THE 2ND OILER'S STANLEY CUP... HE WAS GOOD FRIENDS WITH ONE OF MY OLD HOCKEY BUDDIES.

WE ALSO ONCE PLAYED HOCKEY WITH GRANT FUHR AND MARK MESSIER AND A FEW OTHER JUNIORS BETWEEN JUNIOR GAMES ON THE FUHR FARMS POND

ALSO MET AND HAD DINNER WITH LAWRENCE WELK(WHEN I WAS A KID), AS MY DAD WAS A VERY GOOD PIANIST/ORGANIST AND PLAYED MANY SPECIAL APPEARANCES, INCLUDING ON RADIO AND TV SHOWS. ALSO MET DON MESSER, GLEN CAMPBELL, AND MANY OTHERS......

GOLFED BEHIND GLEN SATHER AT WOLF CREEK ONCE, AND HE AND HIS PARTY KINDA HELD US UP A FEW TIMES, BUT HE BOUGHT US DRINKS SEVERAL TIMES DURING THE ROUND, THEN BOUGHT US DINNER IN THE CLUB HOUSE AFTERWARDS.....

ALSO WORKED ON SCOTTY "THE BULLDOG" OLSONS CAR A FEW TIMES(MAN IS HE SHORT), AND WORKED ON SEVERAL NHL PLAYERS VEHICLES, AND MET MANY FAMOUS NHRA RACERS BACK IN THE DAYS OF SERIOUS RACING, AND EVEN WORKED AT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY WITH "240" GORDIE BONIN....
:d:d:d:d:d:d

Last edited:

bounce_manca

Reaction score
was in winterpeg for a funeral and ran into dennis quaid in the elevator with some little hottie. he was right pickled and did little more then giggle the whole time. it was pretty funny. i think if it were not for his companion, he would have fallen down

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok Q T you can't just leave us hanging like this . tell us a story , how did you meet him , what kind of work did you do , what kind of work do you do now
:confused:

I'm gonna get chit on for this. I honestly worked with Dustin Hoffman for 15 years, in the Drywall industry in Edmonton. Not the actor......Just a guy named Dustin Hoffman, his wife Tanya, and two kids.

:beer::beer::d:d

S

stripe

I'm gonna get chit on for this. I honestly worked with Dustin Hoffman for 15 years, in the Drywall industry in Edmonton. Not the actor......Just a guy named Dustin Hoffman, his wife Tanya, and two kids.

:beer::beer::d:d

lol your bad :eek::eek:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr O (bert olmstead) 4 stanley cups with montreal and 1 with toronto if i remember right.A good friend of my dad and meet him lots when young.This is good i was sledding down in fernie and parked waitting for colin to come back and was parked bye this big trailer from septure sask and when they got inn i ask if the want a cool one so they did i ask u from septure sask ya i say u kn
ow bert o oh ya he still knowing there very cool...:d

I went to school with jan ardon for 11 years.

I meet vince gills`s x and sister (sweethearts`s of the rodeo) old country singer`s. Pulled them out of ditch bye viginra hills on hwy 43 west of white court.

Mr George fox

Mr Loyld Gallarger climbed mnt everest . I took my avie trainning throu him and other`s at kananaskis country.

Top Bottom