Eagle valley / sicamous updates 2017/18

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Sicamous or area happen to have a driveshaft laying around for a 17 850 165 ? Called everywhere in the area and absolutely no luck !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I’m not sure who to contact or speak to so I though I would post this on here. Seems like every time I go to eagle this year I trail is terrible. So I mentioned that to the guy at the bottom yesterday and he said I should complain to the club about it. So on Facebook I notice a post from sled sicamous si i said something about the trail behind terrible and it’s frustrating. The response from sled sicamous? That complaining on Facebook make me look like a whiner and a ass!!! And that should come to the club meeting. Well first of all I live out of town and when I’m not sledding I’m working so I can’t make it to the meetings I’m just speechless that they would call me a ass because I have a complain. If I treated my customers that way I would be out of business!! I spend a LOT of money in that town, so being treated that way kind of pissed me off. All they had to say is we’re sry and aware of the situation. I’m not sure who’s in charge of their Facebook page but they should get some training about dealing with their customer the right way
Go to main sled sicamous website and e mail them,

Even the trails sucked at bluelake yesterday, mabe the snow conditions, mabe the Groomer not putting the blade down enough to get the bumps bottom are the cause, but is what it is unless a few complain

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It due to all the new snow and warm weather. The groomed trail does not freeze at night when its only -5 at night. So next day by time 100 sleds go up and down its screwed up. Rode a trail up in valemount that was groomed night before and was -15 at night, trail was hard as a rock, sled was heating up more than normal.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today bluelake was much better, going up
It was pretty rough Friday night/Saturday morning. Not terrible but far from good. It was also raining to 10km so what can really be done with that?

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was pretty rough Friday night/Saturday morning. Not terrible but far from good. It was also raining to 10km so what can really be done with that?

Nothing can be done! Speaking from personal experience and as mentioned in the previous posts, soft snow is a beoooticchhh to try and groom, if not near impossible. It all clumps up in the drag (that's the thing the cat pulls behind it!!) and you have to continually get out and shovel the huge clumps out so the cutters on the drag can cut the snow, but then it just starts all over again! And, as mentioned, you get those dickwads that can ruin a freshly groomed trail with the first two sleds that hit the trail, and tear the crap out of it all the way up. It gets ugly for the groomer guys however, with that said, I feel when conditions are like this that the trail should be groomed sooner than the 75 sled rule or whatever it is, as there are still quite a few using it during the week. I'm thinking the Club is making enough coin to groom a couple extra times if need be, right Unc Gord!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing can be done! Speaking from personal experience and as mentioned in the previous posts, soft snow is a beoooticchhh to try and groom, if not near impossible. It all clumps up in the drag (that's the thing the cat pulls behind it!!) and you have to continually get out and shovel the huge clumps out so the cutters on the drag can cut the snow, but then it just starts all over again! And, as mentioned, you get those dickwads that can ruin a freshly groomed trail with the first two sleds that hit the trail, and tear the crap out of it all the way up. It gets ugly for the groomer guys however, with that said, I feel when conditions are like this that the trail should be groomed sooner than the 75 sled rule or whatever it is, as there are still quite a few using it during the week. I'm thinking the Club is making enough coin to groom a couple extra times if need be, right Unc Gord!!
Yes I know nothing can be done, it was a rhetorical question but I see how it didn't come across that way. Our guys in the tracked sxs said it was a very rough ride, like being in a washing machine.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive never been to a meeting or anything and dont know much but I know a local guy who bought a season pass in the couple weeks and he was around number 450 with a season pass...... x$225= around $100g. Thats not a lot of money to groom for 5 months. I realize I didn’t include daily trail pass money, but my point is that I dont think theres a whole bunch of spare cash floating around to groom more often than 75 (paid) riders accessing each area. With Siccy being the big deal “sled town” and being promoted heavily as of late, its busier. If someone in the know could chime in with an average number of day pass riders combined from the four managed areas that would shed some light on it as well. Im thinking avg 50/day/area, so about $750g. So no more than a million a year in revenue divided by everythin and everyone... Just what I noticed.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive never been to a meeting or anything and dont know much but I know a local guy who bought a season pass in the couple weeks and he was around number 450 with a season pass...... x$225= around $100g. Thats not a lot of money to groom for 5 months. I realize I didn’t include daily trail pass money, but my point is that I dont think theres a whole bunch of spare cash floating around to groom more often than 75 (paid) riders accessing each area. With Siccy being the big deal “sled town” and being promoted heavily as of late, its busier. If someone in the know could chime in with an average number of day pass riders combined from the four managed areas that would shed some light on it as well. Im thinking avg 50/day/area, so about $750g. So no more than a million a year in revenue divided by everythin and everyone... Just what I noticed.
I was told 25,000 sled day visitors last season but no idea how that breaks down between season pass riders and day pass riders.

If you figure 450 season passes at $250 each and an average of 15 days each that's $112,500 in revenue and 6750 days leaving 18,250 day passes at $456,250 totalling $568,750 in revenue before BCSF takes a cut.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told 25,000 sled day visitors last season but no idea how that breaks down between season pass riders and day pass riders.

If you figure 450 season passes at $250 each and an average of 15 days each that's $112,500 in revenue and 6750 days leaving 18,250 day passes at $456,250 totalling $568,750 in revenue before BCSF takes a cut.

Yeah I will leave the bean countin up to the bean counters??

Freely Ace

Reaction score
Estimates down state side, put the groomer at 100 an hour to operate... that's fuel, operator costs, maitenance.

Ace

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Estimates down state side, put the groomer at 100 an hour to operate... that's fuel, operator costs, maitenance.

Ace
Most runs here are 12-16 plus hours

I'm sure I was told the break even number is 75, hence why that's the number as the club is a non profit organization

There could be no trail fees and no club, then think how bumpy they would be

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5116d01d7ec516ce134514bf32ce821c.jpg

Bumper deep all day long at Owls. Best day for me this year. Trail was beat on the way out but hey, the snow was epic so who cares. Great day.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does that not sound a little high.. 1200$ for a twelve hr day.. My semi don't cost me that running 12 hrs and pulling 43 tons..

Maybe half that..

Ace

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does that not sound a little high.. 1200$ for a twelve hr day.. My semi don't cost me that running 12 hrs and pulling 43 tons..

Maybe half that..
It's the maintenance costs included in that

You do realize the tracks are 15000 each, and grousers ( no idea on price) get messed up all the time too

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes everything included, I just was talking with the operator of the Grommer at ten lakes.. He said they run three days of grooming, on a tank of fuel, for maintenance there groomer is well maintained and not much really goes wrong.. Little hydraulic leaks here and there, motor now with 3000hrs, operating cost are very low.. Maybe why there membership prices and day passes are cheaper.. There trails are hard to beet there

Top Bottom