fuel

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little info about some issues i have seen over the last couple years in the shop. if you have a machine that all of a sudden is running poorly or not starting at all, first thing is to empty the tank and get new fuel. many times i have tested fuel that is upwards of 60% ethanol. mainly if fuel stands for any length of time it will separate. eth always settles to the bottom. this is prominent in farm tanks. happening more often lately as well. there is one particular brand that is pretty much always the problem fuel. starts with c and ends in oop.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little info about some issues i have seen over the last couple years in the shop. if you have a machine that all of a sudden is running poorly or not starting at all, first thing is to empty the tank and get new fuel. many times i have tested fuel that is upwards of 60% ethanol. mainly if fuel stands for any length of time it will separate. eth always settles to the bottom. this is prominent in farm tanks. happening more often lately as well. there is one particular brand that is pretty much always the problem fuel. starts with c and ends in oop.
Probably why there fuel is way cheaper than the other retailers lol! #1 in my toys and equipment nothing else and not from "oop" lol!

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That ethanol is really annoying! I don't think we can get ethanol free fuel anymore in BC?
Plugs up everything!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been using this for a couple years. pricey but great for small yard engines.

Tried this in my ice auger and various other small true stroke stuff. Started using it so I didn’t have any issues. All my stuff ram like garbage on it. Ice auger was the worst. Hard starting, zero idle and no power, it’s a z71 and you can usually stand on that auger and it just keeps cutting. I had to actually hold it up just so it would turn. My stihl stuff ran better but not as good as it usually did. Went back to premium gas and sea foam

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried this in my ice auger and various other small true stroke stuff. Started using it so I didn’t have any issues. All my stuff ram like garbage on it. Ice auger was the worst. Hard starting, zero idle and no power, it’s a z71 and you can usually stand on that auger and it just keeps cutting. I had to actually hold it up just so it would turn. My stihl stuff ran better but not as good as it usually did. Went back to premium gas and sea foam
That work pretty good? How much seafoam do you mix? I use it and the end of a season when I'm parking stuff. That chit has doubled in price in last couple years

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were you using the two stroke blend? that i have not used. i use the four stroke fuel in my small engines and have no issues. my friends have been using it also with no problems.

Top Bottom