Stihl Chain Saws & Fuel

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats because the crap is coming out of the carburetor, once you get passed that it runs great. It can take awhile first though.

No I ran a few tanks through it to use up the aspen fuel. They ran good before I put that in. Ran like crap during it being in. Now it’s gone and went back to premium with the sea foam they run way better.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i stuck with it, glad i did. You never have that problem with new motors just old motors that have been running crap fuel for years. The smaller the engine the more trouble it causes you until it cleans it self up. Once it does it runs great.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I ran a few tanks through it to use up the aspen fuel. They ran good before I put that in. Ran like crap during it being in. Now it’s gone and went back to premium with the sea foam they run way better.
You put like a cap full of sea foam in each tank?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I can't justify spending $30 for 4 liters of gas. If it doesn't run on non-ethanol premium fuel from the factory there is something wrong. I run avgas in mine solely because I have some leftover from sledding almost every winter, and all my other summer toys run regular.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your supposed to run it dry for storage at end of year or pour the gas out of it....

ps- pasts like carbs, cylinders etc are cheap to buy online and only take a few hours to switch out...I run a construction business and the 2 stroke tools last forever if u change sparks/ clean And replace filters And pour the gas out when the season is done....

it’s also amazing to see how simple it was built and how easy it can be to replace parts etc once u pull it apart....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I've been using TRUFUEL premixed stuff that Canadian Tire sells. Used to mix up a jerry can once a year right after I used last years mix leftovers for starting a fire.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I run Stihl Motomix. Don’t run my saw that much. Use it in all my 2 stroke yard stuff of different brands. Add sea foam at end of each season, run for a bit, dump fuel and start again next spring. No problems. 4ltrs last two years in my world.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I run an old husky saw. prob 12 years old and I put any fuel I can find laying around and dump any 2 stroke oil I can find, hell I just put in some old bombardier oil last tank, don't measure oil mixture just put a couple glubs in the saw tank shake it around and let er rip, the ol girl cuts like a damn, I have races with whoever I can to see how she cuts but my blade is something to be desired, carbide tipped one coming soon! I also run the Shellbourne additive in everything I run, that stuff is amazing.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But if someone has to ask what saw to buy odds are they don't need a professional saw.

That's what I was thinkin' 12 years ago when I bought a Poulan 16" PRO [PRO Permanently Retarded Oddball] to help a friend blaze a trail around his 50 acres....
I don't saw very much, 1-2 times every couple years now. This piece of crap gave me grief from the day I bought it...you keep Poulan and Poulan and Poulan and once in a while you get a burp and a glimmer of hope like it's going to start. Then you're back to Poulan and Poulan ...'til it finally starts. Never even thought about the fuel, all my other 2 strokes run fine on reg pump gas [ESSO].
Gunna give 'er a go with different fuel.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha awesome story, i doubt fuel is going to over come that problem.. but it can't hurt. I have a few motors that do not like choke, the gas blower one pull with choke on, then turn it off and it starts second pull. Other wise it is pulling and pulling. Yamaha bravo same thing careful with the choke, usually prime it and no choke other wise it is pulling the spark plug. But one thing about aspen fuel it always starts the same way and never changes, not so much with sh!t gas that could be good or not so good over oiled or under oiled.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These little fellas will be great for splitting and butchering animals as well .
Vegetable oil for chain and good to go .

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to try a Dewalt one

Top Bottom