Sicamous conditions 2023/2024

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How is the parking and trail Doug
I can’t confirm those conditions. bobsledder would know.
I’ve had a pet peeve with the Owls camera for a couple of years now and can’t believe that in this day and age it is down more than it is working. I look quite regularly for snow conditions but I don’t ride there.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't bother with Owlhead anymore. If you don't mind driving up a real shitty FSR and then parking in mud at 2.5 k and riding dirt and ice to 7k or so it's probabaly not bad up there. When snow was low like this year they used to plow road up to 7 K and it was good but not enough room up there for the mount of riders they get now.

Finallly what I would call the min. base needed for that area now. Blue Lake seems to get more snow.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smithers is pretty remote. Id definitely like to do some riding there though.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw way more garbage on trails and in riding areas back in the 90’s and early 2000’s than now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you say this. Every year we do cleanups in Valemount in the fall. We had a permit to do chappel creek for the first time ever, meaning no one had ever been up there in the summer to do a clean since they started sledding there.

We found mountains of midn80-90s beer cans in almost every cluster of trees. Guys would get socked in and go into the bush, make a fire and drink beer all day haha.

When we return to these areas now every fall very little for garbage is found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny you say this. Every year we do cleanups in Valemount in the fall. We had a permit to do chappel creek for the first time ever, meaning no one had ever been up there in the summer to do a clean since they started sledding there.

We found mountains of midn80-90s beer cans in almost every cluster of trees. Guys would get socked in and go into the bush, make a fire and drink beer all day haha.

When we return to these areas now every fall very little for garbage is found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I believe that. People recycle more now than back in the eighties when people used to throw glass beer bottles at hi way signs when on a beer run. Except here in Sicamous where they go up the FSR to get rid of old appliances cause they charge 15 buck at the landfill.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that. People recycle more now than back in the eighties when people used to throw glass beer bottles at hi way signs when on a beer run. Except here in Sicamous where they go up the FSR to get rid of old appliances cause they charge 15 buck at the landfill.
they need to return the fridges and stoves to metal recyclers and get paid to drop them off

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In revy the garbage is mostly around the cabin.

The tressure hunt, (jerry cans,go pros, tools ext) is on the trail

Old Belts, snow flaps and broken body panels. Kinda where ever...

Top Bottom