Hunters Range 2023 - 2024

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
comet1.jpg

This is not Hunters but rather the top of the Comet1 chair lift at Silver Star this morning, November 6, 2023. As there is no alpine camera at Hunters, this is what I use for an approximate snow fall.
Looks like the pick up trucks are still driving up to work up there so we are not quite there with rideable snow.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kent was able to ride his bike to 24K but had to turn around at that point from snow depth

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a quick ride. 2' of crusty, sugary base with no fresh. Parked at 11k. Road is icy, trail is kinda bumpy. Meadows are rideable, trees are not imo. Not worthwhile until we get a decent dump or you're eager to get some break in miles. Was cold at least and the creeks are surprisingly filled in.
Guy in the truck next to me put a stick into his oil pump. 🥴

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
10+ cm of white gold in Salmon Arm this evening. Still coming down good.
Highway is jammed up from a little east of Tappen until the lights at Maconalds in Salmon Arm. Truckers putting on chains.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Got the itch scratched yesterday. Like everywhere else, the snow is skinny but I did probe 110 cm in a meadow up top. Ashton, one could drive up to 10 km or more and unload as the FSR is hardly snow covered but there was no bare dirt showing just lots of rock on the bottoms on the skis.
Brash is much better but I thought I was in Sicamous after a full groom the day before. I have never had a first ride that rough. I’m not blaming anybody because if the snow isn’t deep enough one can’t run the groomer, period. Justin knows what he is doing and when the snow falls the trail will be in great shape as it always is.
It was great to get above the fog and see the sharp blue bird skies.

IMG_8798.jpg IMG_8805.jpg
IMG_8803.jpg IMG_8802.jpg
IMG_8800.jpg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its so bad here I am going to mow the lawn when the rain stops.
Funny how you have to drive to 9k to get ice and slush at Hunters but over at sled sicamous they say good from bottom and trail is thin. lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Brash yesterday and off loaded at 3-3 1/2kms, solid snow and gorgeous day but on way down the snow was gone, mostly slush from about 5kms. At the truck it was messy.
Suppose to go up tomorrow but ???

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could turn around at +/- 12k on Ashton but I don’t know if you could get there. They groomed from the top down to 11 km on Ashton last night. Might a tough go from 11 km to 12 km.
Might have to move machines around and deck it up then

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the turnaround situation like for a 4 place up that far?
I wouldn't recommend a trailer that you couldn't unhitch and turn around by hand up either road. There is a corner at about 7k and 10k on Ashton that would be possible assuming there were no trucks there, but the hill below it gets icy. Truck and trailer ended upside down over the embankment last year. 5k and 12k on Brash are possibilities as well.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend a trailer that you couldn't unhitch and turn around by hand up either road. There is a corner at about 7k and 10k on Ashton that would be possible assuming there were no trucks there, but the hill below it gets icy. Truck and trailer ended upside down over the embankment last year. 5k and 12k on Brash are possibilities as well.
Yeah I think we will just load up on a couple decks when we head there later in the week and leave the trailer at the bnb

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hunters got the goods today. By km 14 on brash we had 20cm of fresh on the groomed trail. We were pushing over the hood in the trees. We didn't venture too far because it was a couple's trip, and we wanted to stick close to the meadows for the wives.
1000009855.jpg
1000009841.jpg
1000009862.jpg
1000009863.jpg
1000009864.jpg

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love playing in the meadows and dropping in the creeks there awesome place

Top Bottom