Hub bearings

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I need to do the bearings on my 2012 ram 3500 . I went cheap last time against my better judgment and they are toast now , go figure 😖( mevotec) . Was thinking about a moog, timkin or skf . Used moog lots in the past and they were good but that was 15 years ago. Any thoughts? Thinking I might just bite the bullet and go with the skf

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had great milage out of the Skf one we installed on our fords at work. Lucky to get 100000 km out of them. Going to try Kryptonite next they have lifetime warranty on them.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some brands have different quality lines. I've been told with Mevotech only buy the TTX line, their other lines are just jobber junk. MOOG can be the same way depending on the part.

Out of the choices you give I'd pick the Timkin. When the bearings on my F350 go I'll either go with Timkin or Motorcraft, which are only $50 apart on Rockauto right now. For that small difference I'd just put Motorcraft's back in.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all but looks like they are going to warranty the both of them. Same brand but whatever still better than paying for them .

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need to watch what/were you are buying... When i purchased bearings for my chev the first time i purchased their premium brand and then a few weeks later i purchased the economy brand for $100 cheaper. When i looked at them they were the exact same bearing part numbers stamped on both, the econ even came with new bolts were the prem did not..

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah , same as everything I guess hit or miss

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom