Eagle valley / sicamous updates 2017/18

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was an awesome 3 days of sledding. Friday had a bit of a late start - headed up owls and crossed over into cut blocks and trees by Bob Bart - sun was out and found some decent snow and made our way up toward Ecco but the snow pack got less and wind blown in the wide open areas - we headed back down into trees by Bob Bart to find around 2ft of fresh in the trees / played for few hrs and headed back down ! Saturday we headed over to Blue lake - took the short cut up towards the cabin - played in the meadows abit then headed up towards top and dropped into lower meadows and played in the trees and ravines to find 4ft of fresh - we made over way over to the large meadows and then dropped into lower lake and meadows to find handle bar powder ! the 174s had there work cut out for them and the 163s were struggling ! Few stucks by all - the snow was pounding u in the face all day and snow get getting packed in the throttle and holding it open abit so when u let off the throttle it was sometimes a surprise and got me into a treed area the I wasnt expecting to do into ! was snowing pretty much all day - visibilty wasnt the greastest - in the trees was ok - but wide open areas were very difficult to see the terrain! We made over way up of meadows and ventured towards the cabin - Alot of sleds at cabin - didnt stay long and headed back out to play in untouched cutblocks along the way back to Owls ! Sunday headed back over to Blue but my 174 was giving me bit of grief - engine light on !?? Headed back down to Grap a163 T3 - then back up toward Blue - passed cabin - up over bunny hill and headed way back passed large meadows and dropped into lower ravines and meadows - IT WAS DEEP - 5FT of powder - the 163 was to the bar all day ! Think it was one of the deepest days ive been in ! Had to take couple pulls to get out of one back bowl ! We used up alot of energy and fuel and made over way back to the cabin to find the cabin packed with sledders ! we warmed up abit - had few laughs with other sledders and headed back down to play along trail and cutblocks - ran out of fuel in sled at 6k before main parking lot ! Wow wht a weekend - and its still dumping ! Worst part was the long drive home with the delayed road closure and poor road conditions !!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics
9acf8326b413fca38c4a6e710b2e582a.jpg

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Billdozer and I did meadows tour today, and it pretty much replicated what Revbyu posted yesterday. The only exception is that we found some of those areas that they didn't tear up, although I'm pretty sure he just left them for us. Even at that, the tracks that were there yesterday were all but covered, some spots totally covered. We went in at 19km and came out at 23km, tearing up every spot we could, and then carried up up the groomed trail to the next cutblocks. Not another rider had been on the trail and with a good foot of fresh snow just on the trail it made those cutblocks somewhat of a challenge for us girly boys with the little 163 tracks! If there was anytime I'd have hopped onto a 174 it would have been today, it was brutal to say the least with the amount of snow accumulated down in those gulley's, wow! If it wasn't over the bumper all day it was headlight deep and then the odd snowdrift would totally bury the sled, pretty cool until Billdozer kept getting stuck!!! Although some of the pics make it appear I'm having problems, its only that I stopped to pose close enough to Billy so that his Crapple would focus properly to get a good picture! Awesome day, crazy snow, best was over the Blue Lk way for powder snow. I threw in a pic of The Hoe, a new shovel I picked up and got to use it quite a bit today! Its amazing the amount of snow this thing moves, very impressive, and for anyone that rides with someone like Billy you need to get one!! OK, dang pictures won't post again, I will keep trying.........

Attachments

• 180130a1.jpg
    180130a1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 623
  • 180130b1.jpg
    180130b1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 631
  • 180130c1.jpg
    180130c1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 619
  • 180130e1.jpg
    180130e1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 611
  • 180130f1.jpg
    180130f1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 618
  • 180130d1.jpg
    180130d1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree but just wished they made the handle a little longer.
The handle length is ok in "hoe" mode but a little short when used as a shovel. But, with the amount of snow it moves as a hoe don't think I'd even use it as a shovel. Would be a great tool in a avy situation when evaluating huges amounts of snow from a burial. Not that I would try to bury Billdozer, he does fine on his own!!

newbornrider

Reaction score
Lost a 4"x6" red and black first aid kit and a black goggle bag with black 509 aviators goggles in them today between blue lake and owls head if any one finds these plz msg me as i would greatly appreciate them back if possibly found.
Thanks guys and girls, let's keep the great snow comming up top.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost a 4"x6" red and black first aid kit and a black goggle bag with black 509 aviators goggles in them today between blue lake and owls head if any one finds these plz msg me as i would greatly appreciate them back if possibly found.
Thanks guys and girls, let's keep the great snow comming up top.
Also check in the sled club for lost and found stuff, e mail them and ask

If I see anything posted around here I'll let ya know

335i

Reaction score
So I’m not sure who to contact or speak to so I though I would post this on here. Seems like every time I go to eagle this year I trail is terrible. So I mentioned that to the guy at the bottom yesterday and he said I should complain to the club about it. So on Facebook I notice a post from sled sicamous si i said something about the trail behind terrible and it’s frustrating. The response from sled sicamous? That complaining on Facebook make me look like a whiner and a ass!!! And that should come to the club meeting. Well first of all I live out of town and when I’m not sledding I’m working so I can’t make it to the meetings I’m just speechless that they would call me a ass because I have a complain. If I treated my customers that way I would be out of business!! I spend a LOT of money in that town, so being treated that way kind of pissed me off. All they had to say is we’re sry and aware of the situation. I’m not sure who’s in charge of their Facebook page but they should get some training about dealing with their customer the right way

Top Bottom