Eagle valley / sicamous updates 2017/18

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I’m not sure who to contact or speak to so I though I would post this on here. Seems like every time I go to eagle this year I trail is terrible. So I mentioned that to the guy at the bottom yesterday and he said I should complain to the club about it. So on Facebook I notice a post from sled sicamous si i said something about the trail behind terrible and it’s frustrating. The response from sled sicamous? That complaining on Facebook make me look like a whiner and a ass!!! And that should come to the club meeting. Well first of all I live out of town and when I’m not sledding I’m working so I can’t make it to the meetings I’m just speechless that they would call me a ass because I have a complain. If I treated my customers that way I would be out of business!! I spend a LOT of money in that town, so being treated that way kind of pissed me off. All they had to say is we’re sry and aware of the situation. I’m not sure who’s in charge of their Facebook page but they should get some training about dealing with their customer the right way

You could ride else where then. I find the grooming here is quite good but get ruined by all the guys pinning it on the access roads.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we had a fine crew again today, myself and Billdozer shared our hill with a few out-of-towners that we'd sledded with before, John, Ed and Brendan. We took a chance and tried Queest, Billy and I have struck out time after time before on this hill but today we hit paydirt, or snowdirt, or.........how about just deep fricking snow!
The best part is we didn't even have to go far, did the lower lake area near the cabin, untouched and windshield deep and, nice dry powder for the most part. It was a day that bagged everyone, between riding the deep stuff through the trees and getting each other out of tree wells or just plain old flat ground! John took the trophy for the best attempt to climb a tree, although there were a couple others that were runnerups, and Half Throttle Ed took the most amazing stuck on a 174"! Flat ground and even with 3 Sno Bunjies on the front, we couldn't budge the sled! When those things are stuck, best burn them in place!!!
There were so many beauty spots that were untouched right around the cabin that we didn't have to venture further so we pretty much tore all that up. Great day guys, hope to hook up with you again Monday after this old body recovers from todays beating!

Attachments

• 180209a.jpg
    180209a.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 180209b.jpg
    180209b.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 419
  • 180209c.jpg
    180209c.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 407
  • 180209d.jpg
    180209d.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 402
  • 180209e.jpg
    180209e.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 409

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome Sherm! I think it's time for me to come out and ride with you again! Been a couple years! I'll be in touch!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Toured up thru 23 and over towards owlhead cabin and up over ridge towards Blue. Not sure what you guys call those Meadows over the top but then dropped down to Bob Bar. Some slab avy debris to skirt around going down and then out other side and thru the bush back to 16k and down. Dug a pit and some layers to be aware of on wind loaded slopes. Snow is setup and old tracks are noticeable but lots of untracked to be found. A bluebird cool saturday and never ran into any other sleds. 100k and a tank of fuel. Need some more snow��.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, just me again, exciting isn't it!! We headed up to Sugarloaf today, minus Tex. Billdozer said his nails weren't dry yet, or was it his perm, anyways, just us and the East boys, John, Ed and Brendan. Beauty day, albeit a tad cold at the start, -14, and colder as we got higher. However, after making the left turn at 10km we all warmed up, that trail was sooooooooooooooooooo bad, you couldn't help but get heated up! By the time we made the first clearcut where we normally head up we were all plenty warm, and the extra gear came off. Just for poops and giggles I took the crew to the far clearcut instead, none of them had been back this way before. The clearcut was free and clear of any tracks and we saved beating it to death for our way out. Instead we made our way up the back way and found untouched meadows behind the lower lake, which we of course tore up, and the the ones above the lake were also pristine! We didn't have the snow that we had at Queest last trip but to the bumper was normal and headlight high stuff came in the gullies and dips we encountered. Beautiful day up top and actually pretty warm! That pic Billdozer took of me is not really me being stuck but rather me posing for the shot cause I never get my pic taken. That and John was following me so I knocked the snow off the tree so he wouldn't run into it, that's just what I do!
The pic of the Kitty Cat is the weird one, on the way out and by the first clearing into Sugarloaf, the Kitty was abandoned beside the trail, motor cold, one rubber boot on the tunnel and a shirt, no one around!! No tracks of anyone walking out with one boot, I can't see it breaking down or anything???????????? Good to sled with you guys again, have a safe trip home, next time Tex!!

Attachments

• 180212a.jpg
    180212a.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 489
  • 180212b.jpg
    180212b.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 480
  • 180212c.jpg
    180212c.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 180212d.jpg
    180212d.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 487

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, just me again, exciting isn't it!! We headed up to Sugarloaf today, minus Tex. Billdozer said his nails weren't dry yet, or was it his perm, anyways, just us and the East boys, John, Ed and Brendan. Beauty day, albeit a tad cold at the start, -14, and colder as we got higher. However, after making the left turn at 10km we all warmed up, that trail was sooooooooooooooooooo bad, you couldn't help but get heated up! By the time we made the first clearcut where we normally head up we were all plenty warm, and the extra gear came off. Just for poops and giggles I took the crew to the far clearcut instead, none of them had been back this way before. The clearcut was free and clear of any tracks and we saved beating it to death for our way out. Instead we made our way up the back way and found untouched meadows behind the lower lake, which we of course tore up, and the the ones above the lake were also pristine! We didn't have the snow that we had at Queest last trip but to the bumper was normal and headlight high stuff came in the gullies and dips we encountered. Beautiful day up top and actually pretty warm! That pic Billdozer took of me is not really me being stuck but rather me posing for the shot cause I never get my pic taken. That and John was following me so I knocked the snow off the tree so he wouldn't run into it, that's just what I do!
The pic of the Kitty Cat is the weird one, on the way out and by the first clearing into Sugarloaf, the Kitty was abandoned beside the trail, motor cold, one rubber boot on the tunnel and a shirt, no one around!! No tracks of anyone walking out with one boot, I can't see it breaking down or anything???????????? Good to sled with you guys again, have a safe trip home, next time Tex!!
Glad I could give ya a heads up

Sad I missed out, should a would a could a

Next time forsure

Dilbert8000

Reaction score
Hey guys, any cabin/lodge type places in the area you’d recommend staying at? Guides also? Looking to make a first trip to the area. Thanks in advance!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moose valley lodge, Rene st Onge.. give them a call as well, great loving and better riding with safe guides..

Top Bottom