Eagle valley / sicamous updates 2017/18

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite the gong show with the holiday crowd. One guy somehow pinned it into the trees at about 13k and broke his leg. Search and Rescue did a nice job coming and getting him.
Coming down passed a large group at a about 2k that managed to play bumper sleds with each other and rip the skis and a arm off a cat.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be back in a few days when the rodeo is over keep it snowing for me there and to all the peeps;
Happy.gif
Quite the gong show with the holiday crowd. One guy somehow pinned it into the trees at about 13k and broke his leg. Search and Rescue did a nice job coming and getting him.
Coming down passed a large group at a about 2k that managed to play bumper sleds with each other and rip the skis and a arm off a cat.

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

May want to get your facts straight before you post about broken down sleds... : The guy at 2km on the M1000 cat, we did not know who he was, but we stopped and helped him get down... His A-arm just broke /let go on the way down the trail, we tied it up for him with rope and followed him down, made sure he made it... Not too sure how many guys blazed by him and never offered help.
Same day we casted a broken lower Axys a-arm with a limb and zap-straps, electrical tape in the Alpine...

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May want to get your facts straight before you post about broken down sleds... : The guy at 2km on the M1000 cat, we did not know who he was, but we stopped and helped him get down... His A-arm just broke /let go on the way down the trail, we tied it up for him with rope and followed him down, made sure he made it... Not too sure how many guys blazed by him and never offered help.
Same day we casted a broken lower Axys a-arm with a limb and zap-straps, electrical tape in the Alpine...

Ok........we didn't stop to ask. The way the crowd was going down figured they bounced off each other.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep; I had the pleasure of pulling an M1100 turbo up onto the trail on my way out of Queest. That took alot of us on the rope to get that back up onto the trail.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the conditions in sicamous? I'm here for 2 weeks, wondering where to go first to try and find fresh.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the conditions in sicamous? I'm here for 2 weeks, wondering where to go first to try and find fresh.
I would say it needs a reload which the next few days is coming

Bet there's places with fresh lines, but there are places not to go look for it so be careful

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say it needs a reload which the next few days is coming

Bet there's places with fresh lines, but there are places not to go look for it so be careful

Those cast looking a-arms on Poo break pretty easy up in the Alpine in Sic

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4477.jpg The snow is really set up. It'll make for a good base once this storm cycle moves in. We rode owls yesterday, still fresh lines to be had but you really have to search for it unless you know the area really well, which I don't. Lots of land mines still, hit a few stumps yesterday but luckily no damage!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode owls today - weather kinda came in and out with wht seemed at times to be a slight mist ! Kept icing up googles ! Up top was white out - played in lower meadows below cabin ! Defiently need a refresh of snow - only couple inches of fresh since last weekend !

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue Lake and area

We had a fine crew up to Blue this blustery day! Billdozer, Big Nasty, Joey and yours truly hit the Blue Lk trail sort of bright and early. First off, hats off to the Groomer Guys, helluva fine job done on the trail today, couldn't have done better myself!!
We tried the meadows just before the cabin first thing, pretty much tracked out, needs a ton of fresh to cover the mess up. That said, it did snow all day whilst we were up there. From there we headed to the meadows up over the bunny hill and actually had a great time, finding untracked spots that tourists don't know about and spent quite a bit of time in and out of the trees, working the slopes above the beat up meadows.
From there we tried just below the cabin, again, a trail kinda going through the area but no one really touched all the sloped areas, so we tore all that up, and no, not avy stuff. With more fog and snow rolling in we opted to got to Cummings Lk and area and we hit paydirt down there! We had quite a few spots where we could sink the sleds in a couple feet and just about all the areas we hit had a good 1-2' of snow, beauty! Warning about the lake, major slush action below that snow, and its deep! For lesser powered sleds theres a good chance of getting mired down in the stuff, and it seems to be all over the lake.
While the vis could have been a tad better, we made do with swapping out goggles on a regular basis to keep the ice and snow from blurring our vision to much, although it didn't help a few times with Billdozer or Nasty, they did find the occasional problem and usually in the simplest spots! I only mention that as I know Nasty will be posting a pic of me in where it appears I'm stuck, it is fake news, just photoshopped, Mr. Orange stays away from such nonsense! All in all a great day up there, good to meet you Joey, I'm sure you won't want to sled with us again! LOL I do have something to say about a comment made by Nasty about snow reports. I too find it pretty weird when you get some many whiners complaining about no reports on this site yet they themselves can't be bothered to take the time to inform others of our great riding areas. How many thousands of sledders did we have on the holidays and how many snow reports. And, its usually those same ones that will carry on for 15 pages with mindless ranting about something as ridiculous as the opening of a new sled shop. How about putting some useful info on here that we can all either learn from or laugh about, instead of your own petty meaningless excrement! There, that should be good for 5 or 6 pages of trash talk!! Lots of snow in the forecast, and we need it!

Attachments

• 180108a.jpg
    180108a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 528
  • 180108b.jpg
    180108b.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 517
  • 180108c.jpg
    180108c.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 528
  • 180108d.jpg
    180108d.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 532

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Blue Lake and area

We had a fine crew up to Blue this blustery day! Billdozer, Big Nasty, Joey and yours truly hit the Blue Lk trail sort of bright and early. First off, hats off to the Groomer Guys, helluva fine job done on the trail today, couldn't have done better myself!!
We tried the meadows just before the cabin first thing, pretty much tracked out, needs a ton of fresh to cover the mess up. That said, it did snow all day whilst we were up there. From there we headed to the meadows up over the bunny hill and actually had a great time, finding untracked spots that tourists don't know about and spent quite a bit of time in and out of the trees, working the slopes above the beat up meadows.
From there we tried just below the cabin, again, a trail kinda going through the area but no one really touched all the sloped areas, so we tore all that up, and no, not avy stuff. With more fog and snow rolling in we opted to got to Cummings Lk and area and we hit paydirt down there! We had quite a few spots where we could sink the sleds in a couple feet and just about all the areas we hit had a good 1-2' of snow, beauty! Warning about the lake, major slush action below that snow, and its deep! For lesser powered sleds theres a good chance of getting mired down in the stuff, and it seems to be all over the lake.
While the vis could have been a tad better, we made do with swapping out goggles on a regular basis to keep the ice and snow from blurring our vision to much, although it didn't help a few times with Billdozer or Nasty, they did find the occasional problem and usually in the simplest spots! I only mention that as I know Nasty will be posting a pic of me in where it appears I'm stuck, it is fake news, just photoshopped, Mr. Orange stays away from such nonsense! All in all a great day up there, good to meet you Joey, I'm sure you won't want to sled with us again! LOL I do have something to say about a comment made by Nasty about snow reports. I too find it pretty weird when you get some many whiners complaining about no reports on this site yet they themselves can't be bothered to take the time to inform others of our great riding areas. How many thousands of sledders did we have on the holidays and how many snow reports. And, its usually those same ones that will carry on for 15 pages with mindless ranting about something as ridiculous as the opening of a new sled shop. How about putting some useful info on here that we can all either learn from or laugh about, instead of your own petty meaningless excrement! There, that should be good for 5 or 6 pages of trash talk!! Lots of snow in the forecast, and we need it!
the POTUS took a break from golfing to grace our hills LOL

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Always like your detailed reports on conditions Shermanator !! And agreed on the last paragraph to a tee !!!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We rode eagles today. There's a ton of fresh everywhere you go. With that said, we seen a ton of slides today. Be careful out there guys. We ran into a group that had a sled buried 8ft under a slide, luckily the riders friends recognized the hazard and told the rider to walk away from the area as they tried to climb out of where they were. This weeks snow is gonna make for some dangerous conditions up top. Check your act reports, stay off the big stuff.

Top Bottom