Eagle valley / sicamous updates 2017/18

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Blue Lake / sicamous updates 2017/18

Guess that's what happens when your old and retired, every day is a weekend! Does the fact it was snowed on when we came down and not plowed help at all! LOL My bad, I guess!

Somethings Never change.LOL. Not gonna lie pretty happy the snows been kind of Crappy till now, not been able to get out till mid January helps in the misery of missing the mountains.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Never any pics in this forum lol

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Never any pics in this forum lol

I posted some but apparently they didn't turn up! I'll try again, always have to have a pic with BillDozer stuck! You should just stay working BN, the treewells
aren't deep enough for you yet!!

Attachments

• 171219d.jpg
    171219d.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 548
  • 171219e.jpg
    171219e.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 552
  • 171219f.jpg
    171219f.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 539

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just spent the last three days in Sicamous,riding at eagles,blue lake and owls head.. the snow conditions were absolutely awesome. Three days of fresh and up to the headlights in most spots. The sun came out for a few minutes when we were at eagles pass,otherwise it was cloudy for the whole trip. We rode for three days in untracked snow. We didn't see hardly any other sleds until we got back closer to the cabins. There is still hundreds of acres to ride that haven't seen any sleds. Hopefully the sun comes out for everyone who gets to ride for the next couple of days. Merry Christmas. Also if you get a chance .You should stop by mountain park motor sports in Sicamous. A brand new sledders shop. They carry a lot of sledding products. The store looks freakin awesome. The people working in there were super friendly and helpful. If forget any of your sledding stuff, they will take care of you.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode owls today - unloaded at bottom - the first 3km is a little sparse on snow ! After that trail is in great shape - hats off to grooming crew ! Hopefully get some new snow soon ! Ventured off through meadows and went in the back way through owls and into Ecco - there defiently been alot of traffic last few days - played in trees and bowls as we headed towards ecco lake - still need alot most snow to get over some trees - played a bit and ventured back towards cabin to warm up ! It is on the chilly side - 15 or so ! Had to keep moving to stay warm! Unfortunately one of our crew got bucked off and got his foot caught in the sturup ! Twisred his knee pretty bad ! Played in few meadows on way down.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode owls today - unloaded at bottom - the first 3km is a little sparse on snow ! After that trail is in great shape - hats off to grooming crew ! Hopefully get some new snow soon ! Ventured off through meadows and went in the back way through owls and into Ecco - there defiently been alot of traffic last few days - played in trees and bowls as we headed towards ecco lake - still need alot most snow to get over some trees - played a bit and ventured back towards cabin to warm up ! It is on the chilly side - 15 or so ! Had to keep moving to stay warm! Unfortunately one of our crew got bucked off and got his foot caught in the sturup ! Twisred his knee pretty bad ! Played in few meadows on way down.
Pic
95c403e7cb0bfcd8ce2c21919f6281cf.jpg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Trail is good and it was a chilly one today. A little sparse for first 3k on top of ice as you say.

I cannot figure out why some have to pin it and spin that snow off on all the corners. They did this on all the corners today. Hard for the groomer guys to build up a nice trail down low with idiots like that running around. Sherminator is all ways cussing these guys out and I wish they would listen to him or go some where else.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Trail is good and it was a chilly one today. A little sparse for first 3k on top of ice as you say.

I cannot figure out why some have to pin it and spin that snow off on all the corners. They did this on all the corners today. Hard for the groomer guys to build up a nice trail down low with idiots like that running around. Sherminator is all ways cussing these guys out and I wish they would listen to him or go some where else.

Yah not sure why - couple of them had to show off how loud there sleds were and how much snow they could spin up right in front of us in the parking lot !!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyone been up Queest lately ?

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup we all stand there wishing for the adoration of the parking lot peep's wishing we could get a sled like them and exude the pure chill of being the coolest dude in the lot :specool: Merry Christmas to all !
Sounds cool! Did you ask them who they were sponsored by?!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Ah ya'............the parking lot hero's! They ride among us at all staging/riding areas. The same as the dudes that come into the cabin area at warp chicken with the cans braaapping. We all wish......

Yes, Merry Christmas to all my friends up in the Shuswap.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not much new snow at blue lake and pretty pounded needs a reload

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya likely 211 left from owlhead lot and 89 from blue side. It's the holidays.

Yes that is true, imagine if it would have been nice out. It would be double that or more

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is staging at Blue lake? Sledsicamous webpage says logging is done, is this true?
yes it is done. Staging is on the yard creek road. Enter off 4 lane in Malakwa. Across from the cafe.

Lots of room for trailers to turnaround and park.

Last edited:
Top Bottom