Eagle valley / sicamous updates 2017/18

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally made it out, later than usual for me but that's what happens when your another year older! Our crew today, "The Magnificent Seven", only called that because I can't remember everyones names! Lawn Dart brought his crew out from Saskabush, 5 flatlanders, and then Billdozer and myself. We had an awesome day, blue skies and sunshine, pretty sweet! Of course no one cares about our amazing crew and how much fun we had but would rather know about the snow conditions, what snow?? We went to the far reaches of the meadows looking for untouched but nothing, all pretty much tracked to crap. The bunny hill by the cabin had its usual array of brand new sleds, 175 Doo's etc, that were mastering the BIG hill in front of the cabin, pppfffffttttttt!
Anyways, we found our own private piece of untouched white stuff, down in Foggy Bowl! Not a track!! Needless to say the 7 of us beat the bejayzus out of that area , smiles all around! From there we took the top trail to the meadows over by Brown Pants, hereto it was beat up pretty bad. Again though, a little exploring and we found more untouched snow at the far end of of that area and I managed to get the boys nice and stuck in some of the gulleys going down below the meadows, nice!! Billy showed off his patented Barrel Roll on his new Doo (and you can't wipe the smile off his face since he got it!!), Lawn Dart doing something silly on a simple side hill and then SOMEONE trying to mate with a tree! Which, cost him the flipper on the throttle so we had a slower ride home than usual. Great day boys, glad you could make it out again! The road, slicker than hell past 2.5 km, pretty much ice on all the hills, the big trailers parking at 2.5 whilst most of the trailerless guys headed to 6kkm. No precip in the forecast, looking pretty bleak if we don't get some fresh stuff!

Attachments

• 171208a.jpg
    171208a.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 491
  • 171208b.jpg
    171208b.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 500
  • 171208c.jpg
    171208c.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 500
  • 171208d.jpg
    171208d.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 495

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally made it out, later than usual for me but that's what happens when your another year older! Our crew today, "The Magnificent Seven", only called that because I can't remember everyones names! Lawn Dart brought his crew out from Saskabush, 5 flatlanders, and then Billdozer and myself. We had an awesome day, blue skies and sunshine, pretty sweet! Of course no one cares about our amazing crew and how much fun we had but would rather know about the snow conditions, what snow?? We went to the far reaches of the meadows looking for untouched but nothing, all pretty much tracked to crap. The bunny hill by the cabin had its usual array of brand new sleds, 175 Doo's etc, that were mastering the BIG hill in front of the cabin, pppfffffttttttt!
Anyways, we found our own private piece of untouched white stuff, down in Foggy Bowl! Not a track!! Needless to say the 7 of us beat the bejayzus out of that area , smiles all around! From there we took the top trail to the meadows over by Brown Pants, hereto it was beat up pretty bad. Again though, a little exploring and we found more untouched snow at the far end of of that area and I managed to get the boys nice and stuck in some of the gulleys going down below the meadows, nice!! Billy showed off his patented Barrel Roll on his new Doo (and you can't wipe the smile off his face since he got it!!), Lawn Dart doing something silly on a simple side hill and then SOMEONE trying to mate with a tree! Which, cost him the flipper on the throttle so we had a slower ride home than usual. Great day boys, glad you could make it out again! The road, slicker than hell past 2.5 km, pretty much ice on all the hills, the big trailers parking at 2.5 whilst most of the trailerless guys headed to 6kkm. No precip in the forecast, looking pretty bleak if we don't get some fresh stuff!
2nd picture... Where's that if I may ask?

Nikm17

Reaction score
Did anyone find a GoPro on the ground outside the blue lake cabin today? I’m pretty sure I lost mine

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2nd picture... Where's that if I may ask?

That's the infamous Foggy Bowl, just up the hill from the cabin and to the left. 9 times out of 10 you can't sled in it because its fogged in? Okay, 8 times out of 10. There is one chute in that area that quite a few "die hards" pull but not recommended, major avy chute, but sure is a helluva pull!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the infamous Foggy Bowl, just up the hill from the cabin and to the left. 9 times out of 10 you can't sled in it because its fogged in? Okay, 8 times out of 10. There is one chute in that area that quite a few "die hards" pull but not recommended, major avy chute, but sure is a helluva pull!!

Love that bowl.

powder dreams

Reaction score
Has anyone been to eagles lately? Are they charging yet? The snow seems to be better towards revy so thinking of heading that way tomorrow.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes charging on all but bluelake ( cause it's shut down)

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grooming report says Blue is open on weekends and groomed from 14k.
It also says 51 sleds on Owlhead side since last groomed on Dec 8 but there was 112 riders yesterday so not sure how often they update the site.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grooming report says Blue is open on weekends and groomed from 14k.
It also says 51 sleds on Owlhead side since last groomed on Dec 8 but there was 112 riders yesterday so not sure how often they update the site.

It says on the site last I checked under each report when it was last updated.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a issues with new site and google chrome

Use Internet Explorer and it shows the updates

powder dreams

Reaction score
We rode owls today instead of driving out to eagles. Pretty tracked out but still found the odd good spot but the snows pretty set up. Was a great day up above the clouds.

to bring up something I don't normally wanna get into on here but the amount of cans stacked up in the cabin is bloody ridiculous. How does anyone think that's acceptable? We don't even need to get into what they are but just take your ****t back home with you. I'd post a picture if I knew how. why can't people just be greatfull for what we have? Owls has a very nice cabin. Pretty much every time we are there we sweep the floor and tidy up/take other people's garbage home.

So on that note if someone's going that way feel free the bring a few bags along so they can atleast be bagged up. We won't be back for two ish weeks but I'll do it myself no one beats me to it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode owls today instead of driving out to eagles. Pretty tracked out but still found the odd good spot but the snows pretty set up. Was a great day up above the clouds.

to bring up something I don't normally wanna get into on here but the amount of cans stacked up in the cabin is bloody ridiculous. How does anyone think that's acceptable? We don't even need to get into what they are but just take your ****t back home with you. I'd post a picture if I knew how. why can't people just be greatfull for what we have? Owls has a very nice cabin. Pretty much every time we are there we sweep the floor and tidy up/take other people's garbage home.

So on that note if someone's going that way feel free the bring a few bags along so they can atleast be bagged up. We won't be back for two ish weeks but I'll do it myself no one beats me to it.
Ya I agree, unfortunately till the Groomer makes it there to grab them and take them down

They donate them to the high school grad trip so that's good

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree. Just because there's bags for empties and garbage doesn't mean you need to make more work for the groomer operator by using them. Pack your own crap back out with you.

Top Bottom