diesel f350's

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know how you hear of the deal that someone who knows someone got, and you think why didn't i ever get that deal??

Well I have the chance to get my hands on a few 05/06 Ford F350's, one short box crew, one long box crew, from what i see these trucks go for around 20-21000, but can be had for around the 15,000 mark, not sure if i am going to buy them, both are XLT's, one i think is missing the back seat.

if interested let me know????

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You gotta be careful with the f350's... Older, higher mileage... Head gaskets, turbos, egr coolers, injectors, high pressure oil injection pump problems, just to name a few. As you prolly know, these trucks are coming off leases and coming back to the general public and lots are going through auctions right now... Saw a few a bit ago all going for about 15000 or there abouts and all were xlt's(nicely loaded), and red or white, all automatic diesel 4x4's and few minor dings, but cleaned up nice... I saw one start in the parking lot before driven in, and did it smoke(coolant smoke), and i thought to myself, uh oh.... Someones gonna buy it and possible head gaskets etc... Major money pits........... If your lucky, you buy a good one. Otherwise, i've lived it. Bought an '04 in '05 with 160000(warranty just ended)for $20000 and had lots of engine troubles. And just couldn't trust it anymore(and i'm a very good auto technician). Traded it in and bought the cummins fargo. So just beware!!!

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently these ones hae been checked out, all company trucks, i actually just sold my truck so i'll probably take the short box for the winter and then hopefulloy in spring i'll have more info about the chev 1/2 ton diesel

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few 6.0's that were problem free, but many had multiple blown head gaskets in just a few thousand km's. Your 5k savings will evaporate very quickly if you have motor problems, and with the knowledge that these problems exist, you won't get any sympathy.

I know a guy selling one with a "new" motor and junkyard torque converter, and I know he'd let it go for less.

Do a search on the legal battles between Ford and International over these motors.

Top Bottom