Clutch upgrades on 2000 600.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at doing some upgrades to my grizzly, (seeing on the boss said I can't buy a new one:()

I would like to start on the clutch before I do any engine mods.. I am looking for any ideas Who has done what ? and what works the best?

I have heard of putting 450 weights in, but I am looking at upgrading both clutches.. I have been looking around with not a lot of sucess, any help would be appreciated.

I am running 27' tires.

I am open to any engine upgrades as well...:d:d

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try 14gr weights from a 450 rhino, and buy an orange EPI spring. The stock secondary is not much different than the EPI blue, so I recommend going with the orange(which in turn is about the same as the secondary on a 700 rhino)

I know for a fact that your stock rollers are 16gr(including covers) because I bought some from a 600 for my 660 rhino.

Seeing as you want to mess with both clutches anyways,. for starters I would try a 2mm shim in the primary first and install an orange secondary spring.

Last edited:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try 14gr weights from a 450 rhino, and buy an orange EPI spring. The stock secondary is not much different than the EPI blue, so I recommend going with the orange(which in turn is about the same as the secondary on a 700 rhino)

I know for a fact that your stock rollers are 16gr(including covers) because I bought some from a 660 for my rhino.

Seeing as you want to mess with both clutches anyways,. for starters I would try a 2mm shim in the primary first and install an orange secondary spring.

Let me see if I understand this, as I do have some questions..

You suggest to try the shim and spring first ? Then add the weights if the responce is not desired ?

Or try the weights and the orange spring ?

Again thanks for the info.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In your post you said you want to do both clutches, do the cheapest first add a 2mm shim in the primary first. OR

You can move the stall by adding a stiffer secondary spring, then lighter primary weights to bring up your rpms.

Or you can just dive in head first and do both clutches at the same time :) :beer:

You can also get the 14gr weights from a 450 kodiak IIRC

Last edited:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In your post you said you want to do both clutches, do the cheapest first add a 2mm shim in the primary first. OR

You can move the stall by adding a stiffer secondary spring, then lighter primary weights to bring up your rpms.

Or you can just dive in head first and do both clutches at the same time :) :beer:

You can also get the 14gr weights from a 450 kodiak IIRC

I got it now.... I will most likely do both the clutches at the same time.. Thank you again..

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got it now.... I will most likely do both the clutches at the same time.. Thank you again..

Then I suggest drilling your old weights, remove them from the covers and take a 3/16" drill bit and drill 2 holes 180deg apart, it will be cheaper than buying a new set of weights if you don't like the out come.

You can use a digital scale to measure how much material you are removing.

I should have done it this way on my rhino, but I went and bought weights instead and shouldn't have.

Top Bottom