Clutch updated info

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years. Those clutches came loose too. I had one. Doo fixed their design and put a taper at the interface between the inner and outer halves. They also added the rubber torsional vibration dampener.
This might be key. ^^^

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As much as this recall is pretty extensive, good on them for making some solid fixes. I laugh at the clutch guard though. "We fixed your clutch but just incase the clutch grenades we've added a guard"
was thinking the same thing. when i raced i had to have a sfi certified flywheel and a sfi certified flywheel shield. why??

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you need gift ideas for a Polaris owner…. a nice torque wrench (something better than what they used on the submarine), t60 socket, and a couple boxes of spark plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunately, I didn’t have plug issues. 700+km on original plugs, no issues with them. Other issues, yes.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fortunately, I didn’t have plug issues. 700+km on original plugs, no issues with them. Other issues, yes.

I didn't either but I see people online saying they change plugs 3 times every ride.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't either but I see people online saying they change plugs 3 times every ride.

It’s hit or miss, a few of my buddies have to change them every time they shut their machine off, others ran all season. No rhym or reason to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't this how the Doo TRA was done for years?
Yes with low power & smaller smoother running motors, then to the taper. Couldn't leave it alone though, had to apply the wizardry to the track drive.......you can see how that worked out.

Then the introduction of the Ski Doo 670 1993, it would send pieces through the hood & belly pan. Sometimes they would not make the trail before exploding, I packed a spare in my truck. They cush drive resolved that small issue.

Last edited:

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of canadian or US dealers getting these kits from polaris yet? Snows coming and some of us are going to be riding in next 2-3 weeks.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer tells me that the P85 non-E-start clutches are only being replaced if the build date on the clutch cover is within Oct 2021 to March 2022. And Polaris doesn't know which sleds have these date clutches, so they recall all, and only replace parts if the dealer sees those build dates.

Would suck to bring in the sled for a recall, only for them to look at it for 10 seconds and send you home.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did contact Polaris and the guy told me that the e-start system that they sent to my dealer due to the fact that the system was never install from factory does NOT have any recalls and it's good to go

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 you tubers broke bolts on there boosts yesterday. One is low on compression also on his 24.

Top Bottom