Clutch updated info

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. There better have been a factory somewhere churning out P23s all summer. The P22 has inherent design issues.

So no 2024 Poos have hit the dealers yet?
There are some on the floor at Riverside, my Khaos was here 3 weeks ago.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some on the floor at Riverside, my Khaos was here 3 weeks ago.
850's NA's are arriving. I asked my dealer to watch for any 850 pro that gets backed out of, I would consider riding a new 850 and selling last years 9R until the P22 issue is addressed. I'll take the risk on my new boost when it arrives...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3266.jpeg

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They might have to add a cushion to the end of the clutch like Doo did on the TRA. Not for harmonics but as a bumper under the bolt head to take the pounding of the clutch, everytime it snaps open.

I think if you re-engineer the p22 hard enough you end up back to the p85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sent a email to Polaris about my clutch. I ordered the sled with ES but it arrived without ES. Polaris did send a ES kit which was installed but is it one of the bad ones that is part of the recall? See what they say

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the p85 there was a ring gear update and a clutch post update. I was told last night that the p85 fix was showing up and it is a new replacement clutch.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they were just updating poorly engineered P22s but l see people getting new P85s as well. Covid era quality issues l guess.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are some mother phucking big tools to get the required torque!
That excessive torque is to compensate for a design flaw. You can't join the two halves of a clutch with a spline. Not in severe service like this anyway.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That excessive torque is to compensate for a design flaw. You can't join the two halves of a clutch with a spline. Not in severe service like this anyway.
Isn't this how the Doo TRA was done for years?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't this how the Doo TRA was done for years?
A few years. Those clutches came loose too. I had one. Doo fixed their design and put a taper at the interface between the inner and outer halves. They also added the rubber torsional vibration dampener.

Top Bottom